Sears Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
National Dailer Production and Workforce Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I would not recommend working for a company that is continually downsizing. I was a salaried manager and was expected to work 60+ hours a week at different time schedules daily. No way to have any work-life balance.
Fun Productive
Fork Lift Operator Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2018
Great warehouse enviromment less management involvement. Salary could have been better. Hours were long and often 7 day work weeks. Fast paced and the work flow was never slow.
feels like second family.
Fine Jewelry Lead (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed the team I worked with. People look out for one and another. The company does have high expectations from their associates but they also give you the tools and training to reach those goals.
Pros
located in the mall
Cons
half hour lunch
Sears.
Customer Service/ Layaway Associate (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Sears holdings corporation is a great job for a young individual who is just starting their working career. The hours are flexible but not consistent.
Flexible hours and decent compensation.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Positives: Flexible hours and reasonable compensation for entry level positions. Management is friendly and accommodating.
Negatives: Opportunities for advancement are hard to come by and pay increases are virtually non-existent.
Photo Studio
Manager / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2018
I was the manager of the photo Studio. I enjoyed working with children and their families. I had the best team of employees. We have kept in touch over the years. Great company to work for.
Pros
Fun job working with customer & their family
Cons
Company was sold
Slow paced
Customer Service Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJanuary 15, 2018
This Job was temporary for me and it wasn't very busy so sometimes it was boring. The management was nice and seemed to care about the employees well being.
Great Place to Work
Loss Prevention & Surveillance Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge LaJanuary 15, 2018
Great working environment.
Great Hours.
Enjoyed my job. I enjoyed the fact that my duties allowed me a chance to walk around the store and interact with my co-workers while performing my job.
Pros
Environment was different every day
lack of hours
MCA (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 15, 2018
Sears was a great place to work. The management there got me out of my shell. I used to be quiet and shy. She showed me how to deal with customers and taught me a great deal about retail
Delivery
Delievery and installation/ warehouse lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Home delivery is contract work. Depending on who you work for the pay is not always fair. There are drivers who are lazy and expect their helper to do all the work.
lots of hrs,lots of leads.lots of miles.12 hour days are the norm.
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  north JerseyJanuary 15, 2018
great training as well as support.lots of hours if you are good you will see it in your check.lots of miles on car small gas allotment.you will not make 100k but you can get close.
Pros
great customers, lots of fun in homes.
Cons
too many meetings that repeat same info.long, long hours.
Environment was negative and not professional
Softlines Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 15, 2018
If management liked you, you had a chance to work your way up. Managers were not professional. Cussed all the time, talked behind everyone's back. If you didn't get customers to sign up for their rewards or credit cards, you were humiliated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The customers was who I enjoyed the most
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 14, 2018
The job was decent , but it wasn't friendly oriented . I enjoyed being there because it was in the mall so I enjoyed going into the mall on my breaks. The job was a fast paced environment I gave my all selling credit apps and I was the top selling credit card seller you just didn't get rewarded for it .
Pros
free lunch and discounts
benefits
good work place, but not fairly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 14, 2018
I like the work at sears, but there is no enough hours or discount for associate.
I have learned a lot , like how to organize the floor and fold clothes
Also, fright and sign new price.
Pros
free lunch in holidays
Cons
work hours
This company appears destined to go out of business and it runs like it
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 14, 2018
Poor management and commission structure puts your paycheck at risk each week creates a difficult work environment. Management judges staff by numerical grade.
Pros
Commission pay structure
Cons
management
Eg
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It was a ok place to work I guess nothing too efffy or too much. Very relaxed I like it. Pay wasn’t that good though. Find a place that pay more you’ll be happy.
Detail oriented
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJanuary 13, 2018
This position required great attention to detail. As a cashier discounts percentages were taken off at the register and math skills were common-place. Maintaining a cheerful disposition to the public was necessary to develop returning clientele.
Would not recommend
FOOTWEAR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Management needs serious revision, they treat employees with absolutely no respect, not enough hours, sometimes each week on average was only 3 or 4 hours
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 13, 2018
One of the worst jobs I ever worked. management was constantly at each others throats and because of this treated employees like garbage. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
toxic managment
Great Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 13, 2018
It was a great place to work, the only downfall was the lack of hours available to the staff due to slow business. The employees were great at working as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9