Sears Employee Reviews

Found 21,864 reviews matching the search See all 25,603 reviews
I enjoyed the challenges every day
Appliance Repairman (Former Employee) –  metro milwaukee areaJanuary 19, 2019
My mentorship experience @ Sears was fantastic. I was able hone up my skills and it gave me the enthusiasm to do repairs with confidence. The people that I worked with were friendly and I was comfortable with both the people that I worked with and the customers that I met doing their appliance repair. I was able to start my day off from a company vehicle and a laptop with most parts needed on the vehicle. Technical support was only a phone call away if needed or I could always call one of the other appliance repairmen for tips and tricks if needed. The days were long , most days but rewarding at the end of the day. I always felt that I made a difference each day.
Pros
I got so much out of this job
Cons
The days were long
National Customer Relations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2019
I worked in the complaint department, which could be very stressful when you deal with irate customers all day long for 12 hours a day. Helped each customer to best of my ability and if I was not able to help would look for assistance from management. The workplace itself was and ok environment.
Friendly environment, employees work well together
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Typical work day starts with morning meeting about sales goal. Will have a lot of customer interaction. Good please to develop communication skills and learn how to develop good customer service skills.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor incentives
High paced work environment
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJanuary 19, 2019
This company expects highly of its employees. Work is always there to be done. Expect to be intensely cross-trained on most aspects of floor sales..
Overall it was a good company to work for
Provisional Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 19, 2019
The reason I liked working for sears my immediate supervisor was great she was a good trainee she show me so many different things about my work, also I traveled to different stores to do inventory and merchandise the store or to close a store.
Pros
My pros were that I travel with the company meeting new associates and learning different things
Cons
My cons are insurance wasn't the best, and the computer system was from the 90's.
No pay rates ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Does not give pay raises with evaluation. Does not use a recognition for associates program. The open door policy is not protected against retaliation. Store manager was not fond of anyone that was not Hispanic and also conducted store walks in Spanish.
Slow and relax environment
Footwear associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Every shift an employee goal is to sell at least 2 credit card applications or more. The environment was slow and relax because there wasn't much costumers.
Pros
Everyone was nice.
Cons
Mangers always pushed credit card apps
Was a great job with many benefits
In Store Marketing Supervisor for South Texas (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Typical day at work started about 6 am, reading and analyzing reports. Marketers would start calling in around 8 am for different reasons. 10 am I would head out to near by stores to work with Marketers, interview applicants, train new hires, depending on what is going on that day. Usually would finish up day between 5 pm to 7 pm. If hiring in another city, I would meet new hires in stores for training, that would usually last about 6 hours. If a marketer worked in that store, I would visit with that marketer for a while. Usually stayed out of town for 3 to 4 days. Job was awesome, managers were awesome, employees were awesome
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Worked long hours at times
Great place to work amd lots of benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2019
I have worked at sears for 23 years, I love it! The only reason I'm leaving is because my store is closing and I cannot relocate at this time. The culture is members first, truly the best thing about retail!
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2019
It was a nice place to work, friendly and a good place to exercise my customer skills Had the store remained opened, I believe there would have been room for advancement
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
store closure
customer service
Customer care (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2019
renewing maintenance aggreements, approving cc accounts quality control assisting on new hires. time off disiablty. great pay great people great mangers
bad company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410January 18, 2019
sears has bad management, no set rules. managers do not know what they are doing. no training. not enough help. sears do not treat there employees fair
Cons
no benefits
Good co-workers, horrible corporate management
Merchandise/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I loved my team at Sears; however, the overall company management was not conducive to company survival. We weren't allowed enough hours/week to schedule adequate coverage for any of the departments. Jobs were constantly cut, leaving too few people to keep the customers happy: messy store, long lines, no one available to help. Loss Prevention was cut from most stores, resulting in an insane increase in shoplifters. Very stressful. I never would have stayed if I didn't enjoy my co-workers so much.
poor
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 17, 2019
It was a great place to work with plenty of friendly people. I learned a lot about the job from the supervisors and fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to finish every task
Not a good workplace.
Home Appliances Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
The managers were extremely hands off, and placed the blame on new workers when work didn't get done even if the older ones were the ones not pulling any weight. The store also had 0-5 customers daily, making earning commission nearly impossible.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Poor Management
customer service
Register Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 17, 2019
if you need better retail skill, well then sears is the place to apply. i gained so much experience in learning how to talk to people and figure out how to better meet their needs.
Untrustworthy, controlling company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 17, 2019
This is literally the worst job I have ever had. They barely train you and throw you into the deep end. Once you are in over your head, they blame you for any mistakes that were made. On top of this, they pry into your life. They manipulate you and make you feel like a dog. There is a mandatory training program on their computer that you have to do when the store is dead. And it is not a training program. It is a waste of time that teaches you nothing at all. This job never ends. The more you put into it, the less you get. Management is extremely power hungry. This may not be true for every Sears. But the one in the Coronado Mall is unfathomable. Would not recommend to anyone ever.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
I loved working at sears very much.
Home Improvement Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49015January 17, 2019
The managers were very focused on meeting sears' standards, without hassling their employees. They gave us our plan and viewed how we went about it, and then chose how to best go about pushing us to do our very best.
Just flat out wrong
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 17, 2019
Barely any customers, management did not respond to pages by employees. I often seen them on their cellphones and not working. There was constant theft. A lot of drama and barely any help. Very unprofessional and inconsistent. I am glad I left before the store shut down 3 months later. There were no benefits. Not even a store discount. You had to purchase their credit card which I was not going to do.
Pros
Na
Sucks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 17, 2019
Management sucks and hours are worse never lets some do things thwy wanna do and others get screwed out of hours because they want them doing certain jobs and not others with in the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K
46.9K
37.1K
23.1K
12.7K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sears.

Powered by Comparably