Sears
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Sears Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Good work environment, manager was very helpful, mechanics were very helpful.the only thing I didn't like was that the chances for advancement were not there.
I worked for Sears for almost five years, first as a cashier and then as a store support associate, until my store closed down. I worked here for half of my senior year of highschool and all of college. It was a pretty good college job. The hours were very flexible and management was very understanding that I was still in school. For the most part my coworkers were fun to work with too. They pay wasn't the best. I was paid more than most people in the store and it still was not much. You can't expect much from a dying company.
best apart of my job was seeing and talking with customers. But the manager would often make everyone stay late to clean and fold before the new day. there was no tolerance for being late. as a sales clerk, it was not my job to fold and work the store but I was always asked to even though I was the only person at the register.
Pros
alone most of the time
Cons
staying late, last minute schedule changes
If was a nice play to work at the staff and everyone else makes you feel very welcome as you're part of a family i really enjoyed it very good place to be at.
Learned management skills Created employees schedules Flexible environment and hours Nice people to work with Managers help you reach the next appropriate level
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Managers seek out one specific coworker to push around and bully. They test their limits and wait for people to blow up so they have a reason to fire them before moving on to their next target. Otherwise all coworkers are nice and respect each other, which made working there tolerable. Free lunch on Saturday's.
Management needed help, was not organized and many difficulties with new hiring in the beginning. Not many hours, and hours aren't flexible!!!!!!!!!!!!
The company failure is due to lack of innovation, culture, and appreciation of employees. The company doesn't have work/life balance, job security, or management support.
A typical day is being assigned Leads from computer system from Prospects who are interested in Sears Products. Management is very Positive and want you to Succeed. The work Culture is very positive and supportive. The hardest part of the job is Traffic in the DMV area, some late nights. The most enjoyable part is positive Teammates. They make you feel like a Family. The most sharing of a Sales Group than I have been around in a long time (Work in Sales 25 + years). I would go back if it was Base Salary connected to the position.
Official response from Sears
February 7, 2020
Thank you for the review -- your pros and cons are great insight! Looking forward to continue serving you as a member.
It was a very professional, exciting productive place to work. The management and employees were very friendly. I enjoyed my time there and I would recommend someone to work for Sears.
100% satisfaction for job I learn a lot of stuff and we treat us like a family we have team work always and help to each other about the task need to be done and team work always I'm doing cashier, costumer service , doing plannogram making signs in the store
Great management team great training program, continuous education, advancement opportunities available to those who deserve it, and love the computer tool for the in home customer presentation.
I gained all my customer service experience from this company. I will recommend those who are good sales people to go work for this company. I am still their customer because they have many good products i purchase each year. They also have good customer service.
They are very disorganized as a company and were at the end of their tenure when I was hired. Management was poor and employees were often left by themselves with nothing to do.
I like working at sears because of the working environment. it was fun and sometimes there have games for productivity. They like you to be productive at all times.
Excellent place to work, good benifits excellent career, ive been there for 15 years and have worked in many departments. Excellent job for young kids who are looking for work
Pros
benifits
Cons
short meals
Day starts with downloading leads in the morning. If it's busy one gets 3-4 leads. Sometimes it's only one and they expect you to get them business by making cold calls. Suggestions by employee either are not valued or Managers don't have power to implement them. There is no 401K match.
Sometimes it seems as though the company itself is trying to burn itself to the ground. It alienates its employees in many ways like random switch arounds in the weekly trade plans
Its a good first job for teens, that's pretty much all who worked there anyway. It was a very relaxed environment but the pay was awful. I started at $7.25/hr
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
pay
No job advancement because stores are closing No raises regardless of accolades or achievements No training or direction even if you ask repeatedly Severely understaffed Plan on working alone and being overworked
In a typical day at work, I will greet over 200 customers daily and Processed payment from customers purchase and returns using credit card for over 300 customers daily which reduced the waiting time of the customers. Keep the working environment clean and safe for associates and customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shortbreake
  1. Employee Reviews