Sears Employee Reviews

12.5K
Found 20,529 reviews matching the search See all 24,041 reviews
Good worker lazy management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 18, 2018
Most of the retail department worker were all very nice and fun to talk to but if you need help and you were working a shift alone nobody from any of the other departments would come to help you and if a costumer wants to speak to a manager the wait time is like 30-45 minutes. Because there is only ever one manager in the store to deal with all the different departments and most of them don’t want to help you anyways so they take their time to get to you.
Pros
Mandatory lunch and two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Don’t make the status quo you don’t get any hours
7.25 is not a livable wage
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Sears pays employees 7.25 which is not livable wage anywhere. But it’s what they pay. If you don’t mind that then it’s a reasonably good place to work.
Pros
Great stepping stone
Cons
Pay
Great team members
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 17, 2018
I needed more hours and didn’t feel management listened to employees. I am ready to work and pick up more hours. Also, Sears shut down in the brea mall .
is just a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
taking care of customers, very busy during the weekends, good starting college job, benefits, discounts, managment was fair. not an easy tranfering process.
Temp job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 17, 2018
Not a bad place to get automotive tech experience. Especially for young people starting out in the career field. Not really a life long career job type setting.
Overly stressful
Appliance tech (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORJuly 17, 2018
Did not enjoy the work environment, it was stressful and didn't enjoy getting chewed out for doing my job correctly, it made home life very stressful and didn't want to go in the morning
Pros
Own work truck
Cons
Stressful
Nice Campus/ Work from Home
Sr. Business/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 17, 2018
Great Place to work if you want to have chance of working in an corporate industry like Sears. great people great training provided for new software and new tools if you in an IT sector.
Main of all they have huge campus for employees with all the amenities needed.
First Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 17, 2018
I left for a better paying full time job with benefits. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as well as customers. I prefer to be steady to busy on a daily basis.
Good place to gain work experience
MERCHANDISING CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
It is a great place to gain people and sales skills the worst part of the job is not working enough hours and the pay I like talking to people and driving sales
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Lack of hours
horrible working conditions
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 17, 2018
poor company, poor working conditions, poor management, not able to pay associates more than min wage, unable to compete with other companies for qualified workforce.
Terrible company, terrible work environment
Store Manager- Retail (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 17, 2018
I worked as the Store Supervisor for the Sears Parts and Repair Center in Fenton, MO since August of 2016. I just finally quit on July 13th, 2018. And here is why.. This is a terrible company. They dont give raises or anything else they promise you. They throw you into a position and expect you to just train yourself, which is what i personally had to do. Then you get in trouble if you dont do something correctly, even though they never trained you. Upper management is horrible. They make decisions that do not directly effect them without consulting the employees that it does effect for feedback before making the final decision. When they close your store you get no notice of it until the day it happens and then they expect you to stay and close your store, pack it up, and ship it out. If you dont stay then they threaten to take your last paycheck. The District Manager does not at all care about his employees and other staffs needs or wants or suggestions like he acted like when he first took the position. I honestly have nothing positive to say about this company. I quit a few days ago, without a back up job so im now unemployed (i know dumb, right?) But it was actually the best decision i have ever made. Im happy now after that company dragged me down for 2 years. Honestly the only reason I stayed was because of my regular customers who were soo awesome!!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything!!!
Lots of work and quick
Appliance Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
Long Days, some good people to work with, mangenent needs lots of improvement. Never enough tools provided, do get to keep a van at home. to much papaerwork
I did not enjoy working with sears.
Phone Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2018
The Sears Call center was a horrible place to work. they're closing most of their stores and call centers, and I understand why. management was poor. they didn't stand by their employees @ all. the products they carry are subpar @ best.
Pros
hour lunches were cool
Cons
everything. sears is going baby for a reason
Experience in sears.
Electronics/appliances home service technician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 17, 2018
I love to work at sears.But the problem is management is not good.I learned lots of think from sears.I go people house,fix and maitenance items and handle different type of customer.Sometimes sears sent me very dangerous place.There are lots of good place and also bad place.The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully repair items.
sears
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2018
Sears is a good place to work, . However, the work really slowed down to the point where my hours were cut after 3 years of working, I had to find a new job. They continue to cut positions.
Fun, but not enough hours
Commission-able Sale Associate/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 16, 2018
Sears is a fun place to work, and I really loved it. However, the work really slowed down to the point where my hours were cut after 5 years of working, I had to find a new job. They continue to cut positions.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible with shifts
Cons
No raises, healthcare is expensive, they discontinued the discount
Changing
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
a unique time and unique set of circumstances; strategy direction void; faithful and devoted co-workers; time to focus on objectives in front of you and excel
Good company to work for
Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 16, 2018
Good company to work for.401 k health insurance, employee's discount.company take home vehicle stocked with the current fast moving stock.sales incentive program.
Pros
A great company to work for
a typical day at work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702July 16, 2018
have a start up meeting, then the boss would assign our job to me. I unload trucks with forklift and clamp trucks.. then we put product away in locations in warehouse.
Poor company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2018
While I worked at this company I was six months pregnant. The training with was easy and fun however, when you got on the floor managers would not take control in any sisuation. I was penalized for taking a day off (for a doctors appointment.) They basically will tell you that you are replaceable.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight