Sears Employee Reviews

Found 21,450 reviews matching the search See all 25,126 reviews
Over all great place to work
Multi-Unit, Area Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2018
This was always a great place to work until the death spiral began. This company has really struggled to provide for the associates who work here. Its too bad because this was a great job.
it gave me my first oppurtunity, so i am happy i worked there
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 12, 2018
sears Electronics taught me a lot about customer service, public relations, the total customer experience and the importance of keeping up with the trends with changes in technological advancement.
Stressful environment
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CANovember 12, 2018
I do not recommend Sears to anyone. It is a stressful environment and pays very little. If you work as a cashier you have the worst position in the store. The company expects so much from their employees. You need to get certain credit applications a week in order not to get fired. You also need to get good customer feedback's.
Pros
Works with school schedule
Cons
stressful environment.
fast pace environment
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
Not a bad company, you get to meet a bunch of interesting people. The only complaint that I have is the lack of social life. There is just too many calls to handle
Pros
work independently
Cons
pay
Productibve and fun place to work with great facilities
FOOTWEAR GLOBAL SOURCING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 12, 2018
I love working for Sears with a lot talented people, that inspired you to do your best even though times are very difficult, and never give up!!! the best is yet to come.
Negative
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 12, 2018
This work enviorment was very toxic and I had a bad experience, I felt that I was not appreciated in what I did for te company. Managers are also rude and inconsiderate
Management ruins everything
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 12, 2018
Starting out was fine, I had ample hours, they are a bit forceful for getting cashiers to have people apply for the credit card. It wasn't until the next set of managers came to the store and changed everything around. Floor sales associates and Cashiers were dissolved into the same job and requirements. My hours were cut to 4hrs a week and often just Sunday morning. What did it for me was the one manager who had no idea what she was doing, yelled at me for her own incompetence, and drove everyone else to quit. My last day I was helping someone and she yelled at me for it.
Pros
The associates before they left.
Cons
No hours, and idiots somehow becoming the management team.
very slow paced
Large cash/check deposits expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 12, 2018
Clock in and do go backs for most of the day and help minimal amount of customers. Management was not helpful the only thing I enjoyed was the cool people.
Bad upper management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 12, 2018
No comments they are going Bankrupt that about explains everything. This company was a great place to work once upon a time--then they threw it all away.
Aweful pay for hard work
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 12, 2018
Working the backroom is difficult and busy work. Regularly i was pushed to my physical limits without assistance, then expected to keep inventory perfect while keeping the stockroom safe and functionally organized.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No help
No chance to grow
Fayetteville - Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 11, 2018
Flexible working hours
no chance to move up
Pay not good and no chance for a rise
Store manager he's amazing but the other managers fall short.
But it is a steady job
Quick-paced work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 11, 2018
Good opportunity to learn. Collaborative work with as many as many as a team of 4-5 members. Quick-paced environment. There is always word to be done. Never boring.
It was pretty good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 11, 2018
I was a sales associate and I was working my way up. I did signage in Sundays, and it was really nice that they trusted me enough to let me do it. I liked working there until they decided that I wasn't getting enough cards.
Working with other was great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 11, 2018
They were felxaible with my schedule, and all way offering extra hours.
The location of the store was very close to my home.
Unfortunately the Sears in Brooklyn Center isn't in business as of this year.
Pros
Offered more hours and very flexible
Very stressful
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 11, 2018
When I worked for sears it was really stressful. Management never cared about how hard you worked they just see you as a money sign. All they want you to do is pitch for credit and if you don't they lower your hours even though its clear they you've been working hard to get credit. Hours were horrible and I've witnessed at least 5 store managers come and go.
Sears TeleServ
One Source Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
My experience at Sears was definitely a learning experience. When I started my career there, I worked in the Third Party section, I would make appointments for authorized services to provide maintenance/repair/replace appliances. Then I was promoted to the Executive Customer Service area, here I would take calls for the executives of Sears. I also handled BBB complaints, from there I was promoted to One Source. One Source is the area where I would work directly with store managers and technician managers to resolve customer issues.
Fun place to work
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 10, 2018
It was a fast paced working place. Fun coworkers. stressful at times but not too much. Enjoyed emplyee discounts. hours were enough for a student or part time.
Pros
Emplyee discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Honestly a pretty fine working enviorment
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 10, 2018
Great people, great atmosphere, great management. Sears is a wonderfull place to make a little money on the side and they are always flexible to scheduling
fun
Softlines Lead (Former Employee) –  Ocean, NJNovember 10, 2018
I worked for sears over ten years when i first started the company was great after two year this is when everything went bad Management kept changing.. District manager!! stepped in and was a horrible person to all the staff.. And people started not to care anymore.. Hours where getting cut. Then they started to over work the staff they didn't care if you had a family. There was also a lot of theft from customers and there was never any security in the store employees where scared.there was never any AC or heat in the building.. Meaning in the summer it was very HOT!And Very Cold in the winter we had to work in our coats.
Pros
great staff
Cons
over works there employees
Easy workplace
Member and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 10, 2018
It was an easy job in high school and was flexible. However, did not get enough hours and it ended up not being a good fit for me. they were good at being flexible with hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight