Here to help: Coronavirus update

Sears Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA188 reviews
Great manager
Good work environment, manager was very helpful, mechanics were very helpful.the only thing I didn't like was that the chances for advancement were not there.
Fun place to work at.
Learned management skills
Created employees schedules

Flexible environment and hours

Nice people to work with

Managers help you reach the next appropriate level
Management is horrible
Managers seek out one specific coworker to push around and bully. They test their limits and wait for people to blow up so they have a reason to fire them before moving on to their next target. Otherwise all coworkers are nice and respect each other, which made working there tolerable. Free lunch on Saturday's.
productive place but management needed help
Management needed help, was not organized and many difficulties with new hiring in the beginning. Not many hours, and hours aren't flexible!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lacks job security
The company failure is due to lack of innovation, culture, and appreciation of employees. The company doesn't have work/life balance, job security, or management support.
Na
A typical day is being assigned Leads from computer system from Prospects who are interested in Sears Products. Management is very Positive and want you to Succeed. The work Culture is very positive and supportive. The hardest part of the job is Traffic in the DMV area, some late nights. The most enjoyable part is positive Teammates. They make you feel like a Family. The most sharing of a Sales Group than I have been around in a long time (Work in Sales 25 + years). I would go back if it was Base Salary connected to the position.
Official response from Sears
February 7, 2020
Thank you for the review -- your pros and cons are great insight! Looking forward to continue serving you as a member.
Positive and Productive Work environment.
It was a very professional, exciting productive place to work. The management and employees were very friendly. I enjoyed my time there and I would recommend someone to work for Sears.
100% satisfaction
100% satisfaction for job I learn a lot of stuff and we treat us like a family we have team work always and help to each other about the task need to be done and team work always I'm doing cashier, costumer service , doing plannogram making signs in the store
Productive, friendly, dynamic team
Great management team great training program, continuous education, advancement opportunities available to those who deserve it, and love the computer tool for the in home customer presentation.
Very productive fun work invironment
I gained all my customer service experience from this company. I will recommend those who are good sales people to go work for this company. I am still their customer because they have many good products i purchase each year. They also have good customer service.
Very unorganized
They are very disorganized as a company and were at the end of their tenure when I was hired. Management was poor and employees were often left by themselves with nothing to do.
Fun work place.
I like working at sears because of the working environment. it was fun and sometimes there have games for productivity. They like you to be productive at all times.
management
Excellent place to work, good benifits
excellent career, ive been there for 15 years and have worked in many departments. Excellent job for young kids who are looking for work
Pros
benifits
Cons
short meals
Need improvement on employee training and leads generation
Day starts with downloading leads in the morning. If it's busy one gets 3-4 leads. Sometimes it's only one and they expect you to get them business by making cold calls.
Suggestions by employee either are not valued or Managers don't have power to implement them.

There is no 401K match.
Okay
Sometimes it seems as though the company itself is trying to burn itself to the ground. It alienates its employees in many ways like random switch arounds in the weekly trade plans
The pay was terrible
Its a good first job for teens, that's pretty much all who worked there anyway. It was a very relaxed environment but the pay was awful. I started at $7.25/hr
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
pay
I wouldn’t suggest it
No job advancement because stores are closing

No raises regardless of accolades or achievements

No training or direction even if you ask repeatedly

Severely understaffed

Plan on working alone and being overworked
Productive place to work
In a typical day at work, I will greet over 200 customers daily and Processed payment from customers purchase and returns using credit card for over 300 customers daily which reduced the waiting time of the customers.
Keep the working environment clean and safe for associates and customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shortbreake
Many opportunities to succeed
I left the company because I was disappointed by the production side of the business and because the company was cheating sales people out of rightfully earned commissions. My customers were constantly complaining about no returned calls and poor quality workmanship. Sears management used false or misleading information to avoid paying the second half of the commission due when the project was installed.
Fun place to work, though not much advancement
Sear was a satisfactory place to work, great management, great team players and friends. Would have been a fantastic place to work if the salary, compensation, and benefits were great, and if there was career advancement. But, overall, great, relaxing, and friendly working place and environment. Quick-paced most times.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, long and tiring standing
Productive and Flexible Workplace!
Sears is a productive and flexible workplace. Employees are paid 100% commission, which give you the opportunity to earn as much as you like and have total control of your earnings. The hours and schedule are very flexible, which provides employees the chance to include life obligations and responsibilities into their daily schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours, good commission payment structure.
Cons
Occasional long travel days.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.
6.6K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sears.