Sears Employee Reviews for Cashier

36.7K
22.9K
12.5K
Found 1,915 reviews matching the search See all 24,087 reviews
Good place to work for high school students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 20, 2018
Management was friendly. Environment was great, coworkers were good. Security was always on anyone who appeared to be a bother. Sears was great while I was there
Pros
Working in the mall
Cons
Long hours for high school student
It was a good temp job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJuly 19, 2018
The management wasn't that great and the place was just incredibly stressful. But the associates made it almost worth it. The customers were a handful at times
Fast pace and friendly work environment
MCA/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJuly 19, 2018
Everybody was very friendly. Although it was very hard to get any type of advancement in this place if you weren't already close to someone in management. However management always tried to do fun activities with their employees.
Pros
rewards for no customer accidents, customer recognition
Cons
low pay, favortitism
Work on management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 18, 2018
This company really need to improve their management and who is in charge of the store while employed at Sears a lot of things were out of order. This company also needs to stick to the policies that are set for them.
Good worker lazy management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 18, 2018
Most of the retail department worker were all very nice and fun to talk to but if you need help and you were working a shift alone nobody from any of the other departments would come to help you and if a costumer wants to speak to a manager the wait time is like 30-45 minutes. Because there is only ever one manager in the store to deal with all the different departments and most of them don’t want to help you anyways so they take their time to get to you.
Pros
Mandatory lunch and two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Don’t make the status quo you don’t get any hours
Great
Kmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 16, 2018
this was a great place to work. I loved the environment and the management, this job definitely kept me busy. and was willing to give me a raise but i had to leave for school
love this place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 12, 2018
such a great company sears was a fun company, this place has a lot of potential, & lots of room for growth, i love a company that you can grow with i will really miss them
Must be able to push credit cards
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2018
If you are not able to get an unreasonable amount of people to sign up for a credit card then your hours will be reduced to nothing, which is why I only lasted about a month and a half.
Cons
Up sell a high interest credit card
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 9, 2018
Hours were inconsistent. I enjoyed working with the customers, but I had to upsell a very high interest credit card. I was uncomfortable with this and when I didn't hit the numbers (within a month of being hired) I was demoted.
pt job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2018
easy and flexible part time job. great for students. productivity is easy to meet. company is going out of business, so hours are low for all employees.
determined
cashier (Former Employee) –  tricountyJuly 8, 2018
in order to get appreciated you had to try and persuade customers to try to apply for a sears credit card , i remember a customers applied but didnt get accepted. so of course it didnt count cause they have to be approved . that day someone applied,and was accepted
Fun but slow
Sears Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 7, 2018
Working at sears was very fun but usually is very slow so all of your work in one day will stay the same for days which leaves you with nothing to do.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management and pay
sears
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 7, 2018
I worked at Sears for a seasonal position. The manager and employees were great but the pay was not. Only worked here for a short time so I cannot give much more information.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Worst place I worked.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 6, 2018
Working at Sears wasn't fun nor enjoyable. The customer service sucked just because the job was so terrible no one really cared. I wasn't treated very nicely by some customers, and sometimes management would force me to sign people up for a Sears card, which went against my morals, I couldn't think about getting someone into debt with terrible interest rates.
Pros
30 minute lunches.
Cons
Terrible working enviroment
Awesome place to work but..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 5, 2018
This was an awesome place to work.. but management was not good to the workers at all! They would accuse workers of doing unethical things at work and when corporate was contacted, absolutely nothing was done
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Management/owner
Bankruptcy
Cashier and Holiday Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 5, 2018
This organization, had it been run better, with a focus on staying dynamic would have been a great company to work for however, their lack of vision has caused them to close multiple locations.

The money was never good but you did learn a great deal.
Disliked the work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 4, 2018
The hardest part about this job was trying to sell the credit cards provided through Sears while completing a transaction. There was no training on how to sell the credit cards therefore I could not perform to their expectations. I only thing enjoyable about this job was being in a clothing store.
Its a dying company watch out
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 3, 2018
This was a cashier position that I intended to have for some extra money while I was in college and 24ish hours week was just perfect for me. The management was friendly and mostly the customers were as-well. I noticed some fundamental changes coming down the line from the higher ups and I could see the writing on the wall. SEARS is going away. I never intended this to be a permanent solution for myself so I easily found employment elsewhere. If you see a job posting for sears I would be very cautious. I can't imagine that the job will be very long lasting.
Pros
ehhhhh
Cons
SEARS is going out of business
Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 29, 2018
Sears is a very average place. It's easy to advance if you work hard but the pay is too low. Way extremely too low. Like half of what it should be. But the work is decent.
It was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 28, 2018
I liked working there sold a lot of the rewards meet a lot of friends and nice environment to work in , also like the dress code. co workers were very nice but if you got to many points you get fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight