Sears Employee Reviews

Found 22,707 reviews matching the search See all 26,619 reviews
very good company to work for
QUALITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  traveledJune 25, 2019
i had to check my email and work order list everyday to see what store i am needed at to fix issues. i fixed issues at the stores. i had to complete daily preventative checks on equipment.
Very interesting, Sears made me feel so important.
Telemarketer Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2019
Sears took my mind frame and skills, to a whole different level. Sears showed me that patients and understanding is not hard to do. When your dealing with multiple customers you have to develop those measures in life. When I received inbound calls and I saw that I could assist the customer make them happy and let them know that I appreciated their business that was a wonderful feeling. That type of motivation and altitude will always be successful and it keeps your customers in business with your company.
Great Work Enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 25, 2019
I Enjoyed Working The People Around Me. I Also Got To Work In Different Areas Of Shopping And Learned How To Multitask While Taking Care Of Talking To And Helping People
Asset protection manager
Asset Protection Profit Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 25, 2019
Worked for this company in the Asset prote tion manager role. When you were lucky enough to get a good knowledgeable Zone manager life was great. When you were stuck with some half wit that climbed the ladder to quickly because they had a silver tounge but did not have the practical experience to manage people, it was awful. AP Program overall was ineffective and senior AP leadership was out of touch with current field trends. Think they were collecting a paycheck and waiting for ship to sink.
Ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2019
Worse place I ever worked at. Not for a person seeking long term job security... employees have no voice and are being ignored on a regular basis.. glad they were shut down
Loved my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2019
Loved my job, but company downsizing eliminated my position, then the store closed soon after, so I guess it was inevitable! CEO was the downfall of this once great company!
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJJune 24, 2019
I did not work there long and when I did the store was closing so it was a little hectic; but the managers and other coworkers are friendly and make it enjoyable to work there
It was productive.
Backroom/Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJune 24, 2019
I wouldn't go back here because I didn't feel like it was a comfortable place to settle especially for new coming employees. I also had rough patches with managment.
Pros
Paid lunches.
Cons
Managment acted a little too childish.
Productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 24, 2019
Our location was the best in my opinion to keep us motivated and structured. The constantly make sure you are ok and that you are picking up on the work skills as needed
Laid off
District Leadership/Operations/Retail/Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2019
Has been many years since I interviewed and was laid off 3 years ago. I received alot of diverse working background between Retail, Operations, Technical Management and District Leadership.
Fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 23, 2019
Opportunity to assist customers with questions and give recommendations. Environment managing customers with simple easy issues and more those with more in depth concerns
Job was stressful with company going under hard
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2019
Just not worth it. Take a few bucks less an hour and work somewhere else. The managers try their best, but not all of them are the best or nicest. Coworkers vary as it is a very odd melting pot of people. Upper brass is god awful and with the company failing it was just more rules and regulations and scripting and it sucks your soul. Constant mandtory overtime followed by begging people to go home when call volume plummets. Not worth it.
Good worker's
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 23, 2019
The people that work with me they where good but the people in charged they was not reliable they did not have good communication with employees they always had a problem with the workers..
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Good breakes
older etablishment
Proficient in phone sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 23, 2019
A typical day at Sears was on my own pace. Management was sparse and wasn't trained properly. I taught myself on the hand held inventory equipment....
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 23, 2019
A good place to learn the customer service skills in a real world environment and to better identify my career goals to maximize my quality of life. Provided another skillset for me to have in my toolbox.
Very diverse knowledge gained from employment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  9 E Valley Mall BlvdJune 22, 2019
Working for Sears I became very well rounded in having knowledge pertaining to a variety or different things which can lend useful in future work places.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Inestabilidad
Agente de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRJune 22, 2019
Inestabilidad no es garantía te pueden terminar tu empleo sin razón
Pros
Ningunos
Cons
No lo recomiendo
High stress with job due to constant threat of layoff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 22, 2019
I was eventually laid off from my position at Sears Holdings after almost twelve years with no severance pay. The management Executives seem to enjoy the "competitive" environment of their staff when what was really happening is they were encouraging employees to undermine or sabotage their coworkers efforts, projects and confidence just to see how far one is willing to go to make an extra forty cents an hour.
Sears does not give raises of any kind. Not much room for advancement either. Had to look for a better paying job to support my family
Back Room Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 22, 2019
Poor management, lousy pay, no raises, no employee discount. Hours aren’t that great even as a full-time Associate. (They can only guarantee 30 hours per week)
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough pay or advanced opportunities
Productive and fun
Sales Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2019
An excellent opportunity to be a part of the team for this company. Great Employees, Customers, Management is the best, learned from the best here! I loved working here, gained experience, good environment, and excellent training materials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

56K
47.2K
37.4K
23.2K
12.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sears.

Powered by Comparably