Sears Employee Reviews

Found 22,697 reviews matching the search See all 26,605 reviews
Fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 23, 2019
Opportunity to assist customers with questions and give recommendations. Environment managing customers with simple easy issues and more those with more in depth concerns
Job was stressful with company going under hard
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2019
Just not worth it. Take a few bucks less an hour and work somewhere else. The managers try their best, but not all of them are the best or nicest. Coworkers vary as it is a very odd melting pot of people. Upper brass is god awful and with the company failing it was just more rules and regulations and scripting and it sucks your soul. Constant mandtory overtime followed by begging people to go home when call volume plummets. Not worth it.
Good worker's
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 23, 2019
The people that work with me they where good but the people in charged they was not reliable they did not have good communication with employees they always had a problem with the workers..
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Good breakes
older etablishment
Proficient in phone sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 23, 2019
A typical day at Sears was on my own pace. Management was sparse and wasn't trained properly. I taught myself on the hand held inventory equipment....
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 23, 2019
A good place to learn the customer service skills in a real world environment and to better identify my career goals to maximize my quality of life. Provided another skillset for me to have in my toolbox.
Very diverse knowledge gained from employment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  9 E Valley Mall BlvdJune 22, 2019
Working for Sears I became very well rounded in having knowledge pertaining to a variety or different things which can lend useful in future work places.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Inestabilidad
Agente de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRJune 22, 2019
Inestabilidad no es garantía te pueden terminar tu empleo sin razón
Pros
Ningunos
Cons
No lo recomiendo
High stress with job due to constant threat of layoff.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 22, 2019
I was eventually laid off from my position at Sears Holdings after almost twelve years with no severance pay. The management Executives seem to enjoy the "competitive" environment of their staff when what was really happening is they were encouraging employees to undermine or sabotage their coworkers efforts, projects and confidence just to see how far one is willing to go to make an extra forty cents an hour.
Sears does not give raises of any kind. Not much room for advancement either. Had to look for a better paying job to support my family
Back Room Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 22, 2019
Poor management, lousy pay, no raises, no employee discount. Hours aren’t that great even as a full-time Associate. (They can only guarantee 30 hours per week)
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough pay or advanced opportunities
Productive and fun
Sales Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2019
An excellent opportunity to be a part of the team for this company. Great Employees, Customers, Management is the best, learned from the best here! I loved working here, gained experience, good environment, and excellent training materials.
Avoid at all costs
Merchandise Pickup Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2019
Even if it weren’t a sinking ship, management, with the exception of 1 lead, is abysmal. No vacation time, no pto, no benefits. Still owed money for severance.
Stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 21, 2019
District and Regional support lacking Store Management Stressed from verbal abuse during conference calls. Lack of hours given to stores. Lack of support.
Fun workplace
Apparel sales floor lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2019
Loved working there, very easy and hard to mess up. Hired a new manager who was not good at her job. Would not let me sit down even though I had back problems. Tried to get me in trouble every chance she got so I left
Great Company
Operations Manager/Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 21, 2019
An excellent opportunity to be a part of the team for this company . Great Employees, Customers , Management is the best, learned from the best here! I loved working here , gained experience , good environment and excellent training materials.
Currently downsizing the company
Global Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 21, 2019
The call center could close at any time. Lines of business are being sold off to stay afloat. There is insurance through the company but it is expensive and there is a high deductible.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Call centers and stores are being closed.
Loved my job
Large Appliance sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2019
Was an exciting job. Made great friends. Fun and fast paced at times. Felt like a second home. Wish it didnt slow down when atores were closing would of never left.
Pros
Awesome manager
Cons
Commission sales very stressful. But rewarding
Sears
RECEIVING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2019
• My duties were to assist customers with picking up their orders, to assist customers with loading merchandise, unload the trucks and assist with pricing merchandise and staging the floor.
• I also was responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse.
very straight forward opportunity
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 21, 2019
Sears was a very straight forward, human resources job. There is not a lot of room for promotion, but the people were nice and they kept you busy. It was a fine experience.
Good place to work bad situations and really bad upper management..
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, paJune 21, 2019
Sears has done a great deal for my career. But there are also many downsides to working for them as mngt. Toxic higher up leadership make very uninformed decisions. Lacking and outdated technology makes jobs more difficult than need to be . And lack of training associates and managers alike make success difficult..
A failing company
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 21, 2019
Located in the mall, first management crew was actually great, cared about the associates and the store, the next crew came in and were truly aweful. Minimum wage, aged graphics, no air conditioning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

56K
47.1K
37.4K
23.2K
12.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sears.

Powered by Comparably