Sears Employee Reviews

12.4K
Found 20,282 reviews matching the search See all 23,745 reviews
Sears
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CA 95340June 14, 2018
Not a bad place to work for, great discounts and great workers, good hours and good pay I would work there again if I could did have an issue with the work place at all
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
Its okay for a beginner, but i don't feel like it is a life long job or career. Needs more hours. I didn't line this job. There was no room for improvement, i don't know if i would refer anyone to work for that company.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Pay is horrible.
Merchandising/Pricing Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2018
Sears is the last place you want to work if your an adult. This would be best for a college student or older retiree who doesn't really need a lot of money. They start you off at minimum wage ($7.25) and they wont give a raise unless you get promoted to a higher position. The hours each week are inconsistent & they will send you home in a heartbeat. They took away employee discounts. So you really just get paid bare minimum with no benefits if your part time. Other than paid time and half on holidays. They don't let you go overtime or you get written up. They make you do work outside of your job description. I was a merchandising associate doing a cashiers job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need to hire more employees, Paid minimum wage, hours inconsistent
Dying company
Footwear Sales Associate/Store support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2018
It was alright at first, but Sears is a dying company and it started to affect hours and such. There really wasn't any type of career advancement and management seemed to be in their own bubble. The nail in the coffin for me was merging a bunch of job titles without any raise.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, low pay.
Relaxed work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 14, 2018
Loved the work an the people, but low pay do to minimum wage and not really any career advancement. Management was very nice and helpful. If they wouldn't have closed
Pros
Relaxed work place, store discounts
Cons
Minimum wage, not really any career advancement
Didn't like job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 14, 2018
I was hired as a cashier, but realty I was hired to pimp their three different types of credit because the company is surviving on their credit cards, not store sales. I dreaded coming to work every day!
Pros
I was usually in the hardware department
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent career growth initiatives from management
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwest TerritoryJune 14, 2018
Strong focus on career path, management invests time and effort to implement rewards and recognition for performance. Ongoing training provided, morale is overall great.
great company
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 14, 2018
very flexible with your schedule especially if your in school. they pa is really good as well and they offer a lot of overtime. Some of the managers aren't as nice but over all most of them are.
it was a standard office
part sales representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 14, 2018
it wasn't bad it was a good place to talk to people about the job they had very few breaks but within those breaks, the people that worked there were kind and friendly
Great Place to Work
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 14, 2018
Within my role at Sears, it was a good place to work. I was compensated pretty well for the particular geographical location of the store.
Majority of the associates were happy and the moral was very high.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
Unstable Job Security with Stores Closing Throughout the Nation
Small department
Optician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2018
I worked at Sear's a very long time ago but remember the family environment we had in our small department. This department was very secluded from the rest of the store.
great experience working at sears
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 13, 2018
i loved working at sears, flexible hours and days, great employee discount. I think the hardest part working at sears was getting the costumer to order shoes online. It was called store to home.
Sears
Merchandising Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 13, 2018
Worked in the shoe department. Make sure the back room was stocked and organized and to make sure customers found what they needed. Make sure the sales floor was clean,
During the years that I worked at Sears it was a great company to work for
Commercial Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
While working for Sears it always felt like everyone was part of a family working to achieve a common goal.
The work was fast paced but everyone contributed to reaching the goals.
Pros
A family atmosphere
Cons
No Cons
Great Advancement Oppertunites
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Advanced training. Great people skills. Great working relations with management and associates. The company provided all tools to perform tasks in the field, including work van
Pros
Job security
Cons
Forced overtime, which is okay at times but not all the time
Productive, Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTJune 13, 2018
Managers and Associates were very productive and did their jobs well. The work environment was very friendly and easy to feel in place, many great people worked there. A typical day consisted of usual workload: cleaning, using registers, helping customers, and counting till. I learned how to communicate well with all types of individuals and how to work with money. The hardest part of the job would have been the pay, ad on Sundays, and receiving credit apps. Overall working with Sears was very enjoyable.
Pros
Managers were friendly, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, pay rate was low
Department Store Auditor/cashier
Auditor/Cashier Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 13, 2018
Balancing daily sales cash & credit reports is where my attention to details and patience skills were developed. My co-workers and managers provided pleasant and respectable work environment.
Clean and nice wok place with exciting things
Merchandising and Pricing / sales associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 13, 2018
Interacting with customers getting orders from the managers and lead being energetic as always. talking to associates. just enjoying what I do best the make the people happy and other co-workers happy. I love the assembling of the products at the end of each day.
The coming I at mornings to do the scans were very hard to handle at times. The pace at work astounding and beautiful sometimes busy on Sundays but always quiet. They were a pain some of the managers would shout but I always kept m cool , it was ok though.
Cons
short meal
Poorly productive at times
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 13, 2018
The typical work day was alright, I just did what I had to do and went home when I had to. I learned more about the customer service profession and being a floor associate.

The hardest part of the job was how much you had to do in such a short amount of time that it was hard to keep up. There wasn't very many other employees at the Sears that I was working at and you could tell that they were probably going to go out of business soon.

Most of the managers didn't stay on task all the time or were looking at their phones. It seemed like the only manager that stayed on task the whole time was the head manager.
Pros
30 min lunch breaks and one 15 minute break
Cons
A lot of work for small amount of time, Managers weren't always on task
Stressful due to business decline
District Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
Associates are working stressful due to the number of stores closings. When business was booming Sears was fun to work for, now you just don't know if you are next to close.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight