Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
64Average

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews

United States122 reviews
SCCA has a great mission which is what I enjoyed the most about my time working there. Unfortunately the leadership is weak throughout the organization which has many negative consequences for employees. This made for a less then satisfying experience working at the organization. The salary and benefits are good so if you can overlook the serious dysfunction it might be the place for you.
The work can be exhausting and rewarding. Management is so young and inexperienced that it creates a lack of communication and direction. Patients are great and so appreciative. That's what makes the job worth it. The patient load can be a lot at times. The job requires good time management and prioritization skills as well as attention to detail. Doctors are great to work with.
Research, patient and excellence in practice focused organization. Dedicated to providing the best care possible for the patients and work environment for staff. A young and growing company and many opportunities for young professionals to invest their years and contribute to the progress of science and ambulatory cancer care. An organization that care for its people, patients and staff alike!
Nurses really care about providing excellent patient-centered care. Peer-to-peer nursing support practiced, many opportunities for education and career growth
Administration struggles to find purpose. Senior leadership has long been an issue and lack moral courage to drive mission. Challenging place to work which doesn't mirror the amazing care and treatment provided.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is a great pace to work with a clear vision to cure cancer. The center is patient-focused. I love working at the SCCA. The benefits are great and the culture is wonderful.
I enjoyed my job as Appeals Specialist however, SCCA (Revenue Cycle Dept.) need to improve workplace culture & poor management communication with staff.
Pros
generous vacation day accural
Cons
poor communication with staff
Be prepared to bring work home with you. Actually and mentally. Days off don't really help. Upper management makes you feel guilty for taking time off and leaves you stressed about work all the time
Pros
Enjoy the work and helping patients obtain peace of mind
Cons
upper management in some departments has a hard time letting supervisors do their work.
I experienced so much jealousy that it wasn't even funny the favoritism is CRAZY if you are not friends with upper management regardless of your skills you will not move ahead. I felt the environment was so high school. Over all I loved each and every one of my patients but the poor management drove me out! None the less I am happy where I am now with a new job and position and guess what I EARNED IT!
SCCA at Evergreen health is a great place to work for a nurse. The management is inclusive and fosters ingenuity and teamwork. The nurses care about the patients, and the nurses care about each other.
Pros
freindly environment
Cons
advancement
It was ok. But it is really hard to ask for time off even when you have doctor’s note and said that it can be unpaid time off. Also hard to work when you are short staffed in your department.
This place is great if you want to coast to retirement. The room for advancment is minimal and your employees don't care for your skills. They want to "teach" you everything, even if you're already familiar with the tasks.
Well established professional enviroment.
Diverse workforce.

High standard trainers.

Integrity, professionalism, knowledge, team oriented, camaraderie atmosphere, defines scca.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
long commute
I loved working at SCCA, I had great structure, leadership was awesome, and the department I was in cared about their employees. They recognized our hard work and management did something about it. I would definitely refer anyone to them.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful leadership, great benefits
Cons
Parking, commute
Intake was the worst working environment I’ve ever experienced in my life. They are very disorganized while training. High stress, bullying from management and coworkers, misuse of power, racial insensitivity towards other ethnicities. If your a person of color they prefer you are seen and not heard. Management will steal your improvement ideas and present them as their own. They will belittle and degrade you constantly. They will discriminate against you based on your age and appearance. They will provide feedback based on heresy and no examples for improvement. I wouldn’t wish this environment on my worst enemy. Awful awful experience.
Benefits
Cons
Your sanity and self respect
Working at SCCA = wonderful experience. Working alongside amazing oncologists; w/a team of people committed to patient centered care felt great. A medical assistant does many EKGs; dressing changes in clinic. Fast-paced. Reason I left: moved to other city.
SCCA is truly one of the best places I ever worked in, we moved and bought a new home so my commute was over 2 hours, and I still tried to stay employed. I miss my family there. Excellent work environment I had the best team and supervisors and manager. One thing I liked about this employer is the diversity to.
This is an excellent place to work! I have no complaints whatsoever about working here. The doctors are amazing and even management seems genuinely interested in helping you succeed and grow.
Compensation was poor for the administrative professional positions in comparison to other area employers. Many of the management staff was "home grown" and not adequately trained in the positions they held.
I very much enjoyed working with patients and nurses at SCCA. The management team was not at all easy to work with and needed courses on dealing with the human element in the workforce. As long as your job was done well management was not a problem.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful leadership, great benefits
Cons
Parking, commute
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews by Location