Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Awesome company
Patient Care Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 7, 2019
I loved working at SCCA, I had great structure, leadership was awesome, and the department I was in cared about their employees. They recognized our hard work and management did something about it. I would definitely refer anyone to them.
Pros
Great pay, wonderful leadership, great benefits
Cons
Parking, commute
A great compassionate team.
PFS COORDINATOR (FINANCIAL COUNSELOR) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2019
My job role has been very rewarding and SCCA is a great patient centered company. I have gained valuable experience not only for my resume but for my personal life.
Wonderful
Support Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2019
SCCA is a wonderful place to work. Committed to their patients. Depending on what department you work will determine your engagement. They have some amazing leaders that are always willing to mentor.
Great environment
Physician Assistant Student ( volunteer ) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2019
Very friendly environment. so much help you will receive in this institution and its very organized. They take care of their employee and their patients.
An Incredible Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance provides an environment and community that hold a very important mission at heart. They care very much for their employees, staff is kind and well-focused, hours are very workable.
Great Mission, leadership can be disconnected
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
There are a lot of projects, not always the resourcing available to accomplish. Would like to see the management and leadership groups listen to employees more often. Disorganized among the many institutions.
Fantastic clinical care and service to the community
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  seattleMarch 17, 2019
They are on the cutting edge of cancer treatment, lots of engaged and dedicated staff seeking to heal the whole person and support their loved ones. Challenging work
Work Life Balance Plus
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2019
I really like working here. Great benefits, very supportive. Encouraged a good work life balance. Great views, great discounts, awesome sense of direction and purpose
It's a decent place
Project Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 7, 2019
They're trying to be better. Too many different types of departments and people with opinions. Hard to make decisions.

Management is not flexible when it comes to days where strange things happen. They are not open minded.
Good organization, poor management
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2019
I witnessed some underhanded management tactics like delaying quarterly performance reviews, undermining supervisors, and micromanaging employees who are not direct reports. That was just one manager, though, so I don't think the entire organization is that way. Just make sure to vet your potential future managers as best you can before accepting.
Pros
Good benefits, salary, and facilities.
Cons
Just make sure to get the best possible idea of who your manager is before accepting.
needs improvement
TEAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Management needs improvement. There's a high turnover rate because of poor work/life balance. Most coworkers are a dream to work with, management can improve by supporting and advocating for their employees.
positive
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2019
Seattle Cancer Care alliance was a rewarding and motivating environment. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and felt honored to be a small part of their care. I know that with continued research and funding these we can put an end to cancer.
very top rate coworkers
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98109December 10, 2018
Seattle Cancer Care on boarding new employee practices was difficult to manage my own schedule. I was not given proper help I was a team of one for over year and half for a 9 clinics some running at the same time. and Managing over 6 Providers and keeping clinic flow going with Residents and Fellows and Research tems.
Pros
free health care
Cons
no parking
I had so much hope
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2018
SCCA was a top notch place to bring patients and I believed it would continue to get better as it grew. The Peter Principle applies wholeheartedly to this organization that has allowed itself to grow too rapidly without a solid foundation. (The principle that members of a hierarchy are promoted until they reach the level at which they are no longer competent.)
Currently I watch upper management refuse to prioritize the clinic wide initiatives and necessary work to build a strong, solid foundation of a healthcare organization with such promise. Our Continuous Process Improvement department (aka The Toyota Way) continues to be funded and rebuilt, year after year, with devastating results to the organization including the statement continually taken out of context "No more time, money, resources". Applying automotive lean processes to a unique oncology clinic that is benchmarking clinical trials one patient at a time is an oxymoron.
As I watch clinic wide initiatives, continue to be dreamt up every 6 months, and none having come to fruition in 4+ years, I've decided it's time for me to move onto someplace where I can have a positive impact on patients and make a difference.
Pros
Good people, purposeful mission
Cons
Lack of sticking to the mission
High value for safety
Registered Nurse, Bone Marrow Transplant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2018
SCCA values their employees, they foster a culture of learning and growing. If something doesn't feel right anyone can make the call to stop and think without being made to feel bad. The physicians respect RNs input.
Poor management
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2018
It is an amazing facility for cancer patients. It is not as an employee. The benefits package does not make up for the poor management. There is also not much room for advancement.
Worst job ever
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeattleNovember 1, 2018
The management was terrible. There was too many levels of middle management. Decisions were made on a whim, and adequate training was not provided. It was customer service driven and no regard for the employees.
Nurse Manager, specimen collection (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2018
It is a nice place to work and develop as a professional. The organization is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity and inclusiveness. There is opportunity for growth and development (upward mobility). Diversity is celebrated at SCCA
Excellent company
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2018
I highly recommend Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to any nurse. This is a cutting edge cancer research institution. There are countless opportunities for growth.
Great people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 13, 2018
This was the most difficult job but rewarding at the same time. Id love to go back but life happens. Not sure what else to say except you have to be am emotionally strong person to work here because it is very sad
Pros
You get to meet some amazing and strong patients
Cons
Knowing your patients are terminal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews by Location