Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Busy but rewarding
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
I only worked here for a few months before moving south and staying on as per diem tech but I loved my job and the radiologists were wonderful. The clinic was extremely busy and exhaustion hit when the day was over. That being said, it was very rewarding to know how many people you helped. One of the rads would come back to our area everyday and ask, "what are we doing today?" Just to hear us say "SAVING LIVES!"
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Great place to work.
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. Looked forward to going everyday. Great pay. Great benefits. Parking could be better/cheaper. Great company culture. Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Fulfilling and rewarding place to work.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2017
I have a great deal of autonomy at work where I set my work schedule and daily tasks based on the priorities of the work I need to accomplish. I work with a diverse group of highly trained and educated individuals who have their own vision of how they want things done. Through working with them I have learned how to direct and lead stakeholders to achieve a common goal despite opposing viewpoints. Management allows for ideas to flow and encourages creativity in finding ways to improve processes which are result driven. The culture is team oriented with a value placed on helping each other be successful. The hardest part of my job is managing with no authority. I am responsible for achieving the goals set for the service line, however no one directly reports to me. I need to get support and buy in through trust and ability to consistently deliver results. The most enjoyable part of my job is being successful at engaging with and encouraging stakeholders to achieve set goals. I believe the best way to promote change is to engage and collaborate with the people who are doing the work. If you encourage people to come up with solutions to problems and direct them toward resolution rather than give them the solution you will have better results that are sustainable.
Pros
Autonomy, Team based, Leaders in Healthcare
Cons
Paying for parking
Amazing Job
Senior Executive Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2017
Working at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance was a amazing company to work for. This company cares about their employees. I would highly recommend anyone to work for this company.
Was a great job till uper staff was not liking being called out
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 26, 2017
Love that job. Love the patients,my coworkers and my bosses all but one. Then you are blacklisted and even though I told the HR that they were targeting me they did not listen , was out sick and 3 months came back they had hired a person in my spot, and then nickeled and dime my every move and wrote me up for anything I did or did not do.
Pros
Was told i was a very happie person
Cons
Got writen up for not smiling enough
excelent staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2017
great place to work at; staff very friendly; place is clean and upkept; strict asepcess prossess; proper equipment provided; great education on all prosedures
Rewarding place to work
Back office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 2, 2017
I learned a lot about life and compassion while working at SCCA. The hardest part of my job was losing patient. The work environment was very comforting.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Moved
Horrible place to work
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2017
I worked as A Team Coordinator. And I can truly say this is the most poorly ran place I've ever worked. The doctors have no accountability. Horrible!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Chaotic and no accountability
Finance Coordinator, Transplant and Clinical Trials
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 28, 2017
Patient Focused facility. Excellent Care.
Excellent clinical communication-I made many long time friends- many patients who after discharge thanked me for assisting them through complex financial issues prior to their care. .
Diverse
Hours are flexible, but no discounts on parking
Pros
Competitive salary/ Time off / Flexible Hours
Cons
Favoritism / Micro management / Mistrust
Financial Coordinator
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2017
Management culture displays favoritism only to employees that act or look a certain way. Answering phones, billing resolution, customer service, obtain authorization for services.
Great place
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 29, 2017
Work here for two years and it was pretty great people are so nice and they are so helpful great place to work and live I wish I can move back today because it's great
Productive and fun workplace
TEAM COORDINATOR, MEDICAL IMAGING/PROCEDURE SUITE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2017
Great company to work for. Gained many skills to compete in today's workplace environment. During my time there, we had several changes to the management in the department. That created some difficulty in workflow. Wonderful people in every department. One of the best places to go for care.
Really is world class in taking care of patients!
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2017
Not so much as far as taking care of it's employees. In the clinic that I work there is a very high turn over. Someone needs to work on the overall moral and streamlining processes.
Worked in Accounting for 8 years
Senior accountant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2017
The mission of this hospital is commendable. Being in the accounting department for 8 years, I have gone through 2 controllers. Each one worked on average 10-12 hours a day. the accounting department is not resourced.

We recently went through a system implementation that made producing the work more laborious. The IT support does not have the right skills to generate PeopleSoft queries and Nvision reports.

IT is dictating what accounting needs for generating support. IT goes home on time, the accounting department does not.

Senior management ALWAYS goes on vacation, while the controller and accounting management are here working during the holidays.
Pros
Super mission
Cons
Senior management does not have a clue.
Great mission, misguided people policies
Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 13, 2017
Our mission is to cure cancer and treat patients so that they can survive cancer and live a healthy and meaningful life.

Culture - any company will have politics to deal with. However, at SCCA they play a significant role such that there is very high turnover in certain departments. Staff are generally very caring and compassionate people who want to do right by our patients. There are also leaders who truly care about their staff.
Don't even bother!
Specimen Technician/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2017
The Manager plays favoritism and has no idea what they are doing. They always drop the ball and will flat out have no accountability for what they say and do. On your last day of work. There will be an email sent out to everyone in the lab saying you are no longer with the company!

The work in the lab is very easy. The coworkers are fun and amazing people.
Pros
Good pay and benefits!
Cons
Short breaks, favortism, badly managed, horrible schedules.
high stress, no process/standars
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
There are no documented processes for anything, you have to make it up as you go. Job can be stressful at times because we are always short on staff. Co-workers are great, they make coming into work enjoyable.
Nice place for a mid-level nurse
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2016
If you've been in nursing for 5-15 years, and are looking for a place that will allow some schedule flexibility, this is a great place to work. My coworkers are a great team.
fun busy environment
Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
Challenges always happening to make us a better and stronger team. The patient panel diverse which made it interesting and better place to work.
Pros
great team to be around.
Cons
heartbreaking to work with young patients and their diagnosis
Mostly a great place to work
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2016
Seattle Cancer Care works hard to give a work life balance in a very difficult industry. Overall, they are a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Reviews by Location