Seattle Children's
69Average

Seattle Children's Employee Reviews

United States310 reviews
Emphasis on Safety
SCH has an emphasis on safety for both the patients and employees. In general this is a very good place to work. I really like the staff and the mission.
Great Company to work for
I truly enjoy working at Seattle Childrens Hospital. They value their employees and work hard to provide the absolute best care for patients and families.
Amazing work environment, collaborative and great team work!
Working as a CNA at Children's is Fast pace, lots of teamwork, problem solving, and communication!
Every day I learn new things about communicating both with patients (children), teens, and their parents.

Open communication and asking questions is encouraged!
variety of researchers
There is different culture from UW researchers because of research institute of Children's hospital in good part and bad part. Organization is more to clinical research.
Great place to work `
Amazing hospital that treats nurses very highly! there is a strong emphasis on work life balance and I felt very supported while here. It has been a pleasure
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Don't trust management.
* There is no accountability or consistency.
* Favoritism that isn't based on past performance, its based on personality.

* Performance evaluations reflect favoritism.

* Pointless to contact Human Resources because they always support management and permit retaliation.
Pros
Depends on if you are a contractor or FTE
Cons
Depends on if you are a contractor or FTE
Security department is a fraud
Children’s hospital starts most officers at a per diem status. They do this so they don’t have to offer benefits until they’re offered a full time position, and who knows when that will be. When I worked there as a per diem special watch officer out of 6 shifts I was sent home early because of low census and a shift was taken from me. They tell officers that they are not up to par on their 90 day review, but keep scheduling them for doubles Their security department is a fraud
Amazing company
Seattle children’s hospital is an amazing zing organization. It is the best place I have ever worked. Children’s is such a great place for someone coming straight out of school. They are very supportive and willing to help achieve goals.
Good institution to work for,
-Above average pay
-Educational support

-Room for growth and advancement

-Unionized

-Well staffed

-Semi-flexible schedule

-Always learning opportunities
Team can make or break experience
As stated above, depending on your team, you may have a wonderful experience There is an obvious gap between the community clinics and main campus. Supportive manager. Open communication between my team and I. Honestly, it would be a great place to work if it wasn’t so easy for upper management to fire people because they don’t like someone.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Seattle Children's?
Great organization as a whole
I worked for the organization for 11 years and achieved the highest level reviews for 9 of them. When the new manager took over, the electrical lead began backstabbing me and the manager began keeping a list of all my shortcomings to create a trail to fire me. The electrical lead was actually overheard telling others he intended to get me fired. The manager only listens to his leads and worked with him to create an uncomfortable situation for me and eventually found enough to justify a separation.
Pros
Good pay, many great people Hospital-wide
Cons
Two faced electrical lead, and B&E manager
Still does very meaningful work, but...
I DO NOT work in the clinical area of the hospital. My role is totally as support for the people who do that amazing "real" work of saving lives and finding cures, every day.

However, the recent hiring practices at Seattle Children's have brought in new management who seems to care more about competing with other hospitals for dollars and recognition, than supporting the staff or our long-held values. They have driven out many of the long-timers who have given their working careers to this place, while hiring much younger people who just seem to care about analytics and "likes." Yes, I do realize this hospital IS a business, and for the past 110+ years we've managed to have both financial health and heart. Unfortunately, the heart is quickly being cut out of this organization whose very job it is to support the heart of our patients and families, both literally and metaphorically - through it's employees both clinical and non-clinical.
inclusive, collaberative and well rounded environment to work in
I work with all different types of providers, nurses, MA's and administrative staff. No matter which role you hold you are treated equal. I love working with my team and gaining skills to better myself.
A great place to work
I love my job and the people I work with,my supervisor is fair and honest,he really likes what am doing with the company bringing my 20 plus years there.
the co coworker / people are great fun to work with
i would love to work at childrens again due to high traffic and long drive i must have to find a closer job near home. i will miss working their and the people.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lots of work for one person
Great job, great benefits
I love driving for Seattle Children's Hospital. The benefits are the best you could get at any job. We even have a free clinic for employees!
Our shifts could be longer (only 35 hrs per week), and the pay could be better, but once you factor in the benefits, it's a solid place to work.
Work place
The workplace culture of Seattle Children’s is a positive environment. People are always willing to show your around despite everyone busy schedule. Team work is key and always at play.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Some policy’s are not great
Management is horrible
Management dies not know how to retain employees. Very rude and inconsiderate. No appreciation for work you do at all. They run you to the ground. No inclusion or diversity in that department. The director and manager are friends but the managers always talks bad about director. Then goes and tells her what you said.
Workplace
Great team work among teams and others to help with patients care. Most people in the hospital are very welcoming and willing to assist with any issues that come by.
Overall a great place to work
Revenue cycle does not provide much support for it's staff. There are significant differences between Rev Cycle and hospital staff. Management is consistently stressed out which leads to less needed support and training to supervisors and leads.
Great company
I am able to honestly say that I contributed to saving children's lives on a daily basis. Culture is growing into a very viable 'inverted pyramid' environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Seattle Children's.