Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

I will miss Seattle Children's Hospital
UTLIZATION REVIEW COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2018
This organization has allowed me to grow so much within my medical reimbursement career. If I didn't have to move our of state to support my husbands career, I would be a life long employee at Seattle Children's. They offer ongoing education throughout the entire year which is wonderful; this also includes personal safety classes.
Great place to work.
Facilities Lead/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 13, 2018
Working for Seattle Childrens Hospital was an awesome experience. I learned many things regarding the Health Care processes and special criteria that needs to be met. Every day was a learning experience.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
pay to park.
Sch
Emergency Department Coordinator/ Admitting (Current Employee) –  SeattleSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work. Intense at times in the Er but awesome staff and progressive culture. I've learned how to be humble and compassionate for families. During my time here I've felt supported by co- workers.
Seattle Children's is AMAZING!
Program Coordinator III (40hrs/week) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2018
Working as a program coordinator has been great. The job hours are flexible and the management is great. I would highly recommend working for Seattle Childrens!
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
Great; Until it wasn't anymore.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2018
Challenging and engaging work in an organization devoted to saving lives initially made up for the lower than average pay and little opportunities for advancement/professional development in my field.
Outstanding mission with amazing results
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2018
SCH is a non-profit hospital that really succeeds at its mission of caring for children at risk, using amazing techniques such as gene therapy.

For IT Security Operations, its a great place to work with dynamic and capable team members. Great work/life balance at SCH.
Great Organization
Senior Psychometrist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2018
Seattle Children's Hospital is a great organization. They have a strong passion to provide the best care to every child that walks through their doors.
Busy and emotional
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
I wore many hats from Emergency Room to Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. They co-workers were amazing! You're dealing with ill patients and families and under those circumstances it's a great place to work.
Pros
Heathcare, Co-Workers
Cons
Stress, sick kids
Exciting and challenging work environment with a highly supportive and collaborative team
Pediatric physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2018
Acute care team consisting of consults, cancer care, and inpatient rehab. They are a teaching hospital and take students frequently, which makes it a welcoming and thought-provoking environment. Management is incredibly selfless and always looking out for the best interests of the therapists. The team consisting of PT, OT, SLP are friendly, knowledgeable, selfless, and passionate about their job.
Culture Problems
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2018
SCH and SCRI are both great places to work in many ways, but unless you are an MD it is very difficult to carve out a career path.

MDs at the hospital can be very aggressive toward support and administrative staff.

PIs at the research institute are very much at adds with administration, due to not wanting to spend their grant money on anything (like compliance), other than research. The CRAs are thrown in with no training, leading to a higher than average turnover rate.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
What I liked the most about the job was the positive interaction with the patients and visitors. I worked in corrections before I came here, so that means a lot to me.
Seattle Children's
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2018
I love working for them. It's such a good hospital to work at. My manger is great and I like everyone I work with. I believe in the mission, vision, and values.
Challenging Work
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
Very challenging work within a fast paced environment. The position does give the opportunity to acquire and refine new skills. Underpaid for the difficulty and burn-out rate of this position. The department is understaffed which can lead to employees working mandatory hours.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
physical assault by patients is to be expected.
Fulfilling work, with risk of burnout
Audiology Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2018
Children's is a wonderful company that is true to its mission. It is a teaching hospital to many academic students, and is firmly committed to helping students build confidence in their practice. In addition, it has competitive research department, and influential foundation.

However the company is growing much faster than it can sustain. As a result, many departments are feeling overworked, as they try to support the company vision to do more with less.
Pros
Good benefits, ORCA pass, community discounts, (some) job coaching/oppurtunity for advancement, fulfilling work
Cons
Pay to park, limited pay negotiation, constant pressure to take on process improvement projects
Poor Management
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2018
I was a contractor at Children's. I enjoyed working there, but management decisions had a huge impact on working conditions and performance.

I would not return to the team I worked with, but would gladly work at Children's again!
Productive and Rewarding Work Environment
Rehabilitation Aide/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 18, 2018
Enjoyed the communication and culture of the work place. Management was always available to check-in with you and work towards your professional goals.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parking off campus
large org that moves slowly
Admin Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2018
The culture is very homogeneous, limited in culture and diversity. Very flexible place to work if you have children, benefits are comparable to other healthcare org in the area.
Pros
lack of growth opportunity
Cons
healthcare
productive place to work with
HIM Back-Scanning (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2018
I had gained so much experience while work there. co-workers are nice to work with. it's a typical day at work. you don't really get free lunch and you have to be punctual
Humbled each day...
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2018
An amazing group of medical professionals to work with each and everyday...they share their calling with our families and staff in order to help make a better tomorrow for all us.
Pros
respect, insight and perspective...
Cons
work-life balance with small children of your own can be challenging
You will experience growing pains
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  DeattleJuly 1, 2018
This organization is large, and growing. At this point in time, they are redefining their goals, and determining where they want to be in 10 years. As a result, there are a host of corporate changes on going which result in the body of employment stretching in ways that may not be normal for some professionals. The growth is not currently scaled, or tempered with sage advise. This is the first employer where I felt that my input was not valued or needed, as the management had already determined the path forward. Another tough aspect of the job is that staff I encounter in my daily rounds is distant and not engaged. The workplace is silo based and communications are broken. While the attempt is made to create a workplace culture based on a diverse and talented pool, the pieces of the organization fit together like oil and water. I love the fact that I can find challenges every day and I am always able to develop a solution to issues which works out in the end.
Pros
commuter compensation, diverse workforce, benefits.
Cons
cold sterile inter office relationships, hard to make friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Seattle Children's Hospital Reviews by Location