Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great company with great people
Clinical Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working for Seattle Children's Hospital. Management was a reason for my happiness. The management team listened to my ideas and pushed me to become better. Everybody that worked there on my team were all hard workers that are a big believer in the company and what it does. We all have the same goal to help the children and at the end of the day, you feel proud of what you do and what company you work for.
Pros
Transportation reimbursement
Cons
Non profit organization tend to pay on the lower scale.
Awesome Providers and Incredible Mission
Senior Business Analyst, Project Management Office (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2019
The mission and providers of Seattle Childrens are deeply compelling and inspiring. There were several providers I looked forward to every meeting because they were comitted, brilliant and an inspiration. They inspired me every day. At the time of this writing there is a great deal of change and reorganizatin occurring that will upend the culture so I can't speak to any of that at this time.
Pros
Deeply inspiring place to work
Cons
Too much change underway to say right now
Rewarding place to work.
Laboratory Assistant lll (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2018
Rewarding place to work especially with the children. The only downfall is that they were not very good in handling workplace harassment. I as well as other co workers were harassed and took the appropriate measures to seek help, but it continued and the harasser was not dealt with appropriately.
Workplace culture which supports the mission
Utilization Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 27, 2018
SCH is a great place to work. Employees' ideas are listened to and taken into consideration when department changes are being discussed/made. The management style is "bottom up," meaning, the managers work for the employees, to make sure their needs/concerns are addressed.
I will miss Seattle Children's Hospital
UTLIZATION REVIEW COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2018
This organization has allowed me to grow so much within my medical reimbursement career. If I didn't have to move our of state to support my husbands career, I would be a life long employee at Seattle Children's. They offer ongoing education throughout the entire year which is wonderful; this also includes personal safety classes.
Great care for children and families but difficult workplace.
Program Manager, Sustainability (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 18, 2018
Seattle Children's is a great place for healthcare workers and those that thrive in a collaborative team orientated environment. However, the leadership is more concerned with its image to the outside than what is happening on inside.
Fun place to work in a collaborative environment.
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2018
Typical day at work included performing duties in a cycle. Metrics were set that needed to be met during each cycle. Working at Children's included a lot of busy work and did not have a lot of time for interaction with others unless. Overall, job was easy.
Pros
Shuttle to workplace
I really love working here
Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2018
I love seattle children’s hospital. I am looking for other opportunities because I feel I can do more. I also am a shift worker and it’s becoming too hard on my body. The staff I work with and the my management team are wonderful and caring.
Pros
Work environment/ co workers/ OT/ Benefits
Cons
Hours
Exciting and challenging work environment with a highly supportive and collaborative team
Pediatric physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2018
Acute care team consisting of consults, cancer care, and inpatient rehab. They are a teaching hospital and take students frequently, which makes it a welcoming and thought-provoking environment. Management is incredibly selfless and always looking out for the best interests of the therapists. The team consisting of PT, OT, SLP are friendly, knowledgeable, selfless, and passionate about their job.
Culture Problems
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2018
SCH and SCRI are both great places to work in many ways, but unless you are an MD it is very difficult to carve out a career path.

MDs at the hospital can be very aggressive toward support and administrative staff.

PIs at the research institute are very much at adds with administration, due to not wanting to spend their grant money on anything (like compliance), other than research. The CRAs are thrown in with no training, leading to a higher than average turnover rate.

Want to know more about Seattle Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Do not work here.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2018
This place is racist. Families of color will get picked on more than whites families. Pay is not good. Parking is awful, often taking hours to get home. Employees of color picked on worse than white counterparts. No job training or support
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Fulfilling work, with risk of burnout
Audiology Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2018
Children's is a wonderful company that is true to its mission. It is a teaching hospital to many academic students, and is firmly committed to helping students build confidence in their practice. In addition, it has competitive research department, and influential foundation.

However the company is growing much faster than it can sustain. As a result, many departments are feeling overworked, as they try to support the company vision to do more with less.
Pros
Good benefits, ORCA pass, community discounts, (some) job coaching/oppurtunity for advancement, fulfilling work
Cons
Pay to park, limited pay negotiation, constant pressure to take on process improvement projects
Fun workplace with competent employee
Laboratory Technician III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time here because of the staff, management, and workplace environment. I felt like we were really helping the lives of the patients. I was a phlebotomist in this company at the main hospital of Seattle Children's.
Challenging Work
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
Very challenging work within a fast paced environment. The position does give the opportunity to acquire and refine new skills. Underpaid for the difficulty and burn-out rate of this position. The department is understaffed which can lead to employees working mandatory hours.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
physical assault by patients is to be expected.
Great Orginization
Director of Regional Operations and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2018
Does great things for children. The staff and organization truly believe in their mission. I will say, certain members of senior leadership needs to learn how to encourage and support the efforts of their directors and managers.
Outstanding mission with amazing results
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2018
SCH is a non-profit hospital that really succeeds at its mission of caring for children at risk, using amazing techniques such as gene therapy.

For IT Security Operations, its a great place to work with dynamic and capable team members. Great work/life balance at SCH.
Toxic environment to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2018
Workplace culture is quite toxic. There is no autonomy and in general people are very unhappy in their jobs. It is a culture of micromanagement, leaving most employees feeling non-essential, which is very demoralizing.
Great place to work.
Facilities Lead/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 13, 2018
Working for Seattle Childrens Hospital was an awesome experience. I learned many things regarding the Health Care processes and special criteria that needs to be met. Every day was a learning experience.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
pay to park.
Busy and emotional
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
I wore many hats from Emergency Room to Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. They co-workers were amazing! You're dealing with ill patients and families and under those circumstances it's a great place to work.
Pros
Heathcare, Co-Workers
Cons
Stress, sick kids
workplace culture
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 18, 2018
Everyone is really friendly, the president is very down to earth and is a great leader, the administrative building is smaller therefore it's easy to build team relationship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight