Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Great employer
RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Seattle Children's. They took great care of not only the patients and families but also the employees and the greater community.
Fun workplace with competent employee
Laboratory Technician III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time here because of the staff, management, and workplace environment. I felt like we were really helping the lives of the patients. I was a phlebotomist in this company at the main hospital of Seattle Children's.
Toxic environment to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2018
Workplace culture is quite toxic. There is no autonomy and in general people are very unhappy in their jobs. It is a culture of micromanagement, leaving most employees feeling non-essential, which is very demoralizing.
Fun Place to Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2018
Great Place/Fun Environment..nothing negative about the place. Benefits are amazing, the people are so friendly and the children that you see everyday will put a smile on your face.
Best ever
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2018
SCH is an amazing place to work for. I would strongly recommend people to work there. I work there in the facilities dept and I totally love it. My manager DM is amazing!
Pros
Best management
Cons
Pay to park??
Clinical Administration Supervior
Clinical Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2018
- 8-12 hour days
- lots of great business experience
- great for first-time leaders
- strong learning curve
- a lot of flexibility in approach to work
- fast-paced
- demanding
Great Orginization
Director of Regional Operations and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2018
Does great things for children. The staff and organization truly believe in their mission. I will say, certain members of senior leadership needs to learn how to encourage and support the efforts of their directors and managers.
I will miss Seattle Children's Hospital
UTLIZATION REVIEW COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2018
This organization has allowed me to grow so much within my medical reimbursement career. If I didn't have to move our of state to support my husbands career, I would be a life long employee at Seattle Children's. They offer ongoing education throughout the entire year which is wonderful; this also includes personal safety classes.
Great place to work.
Facilities Lead/Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 13, 2018
Working for Seattle Childrens Hospital was an awesome experience. I learned many things regarding the Health Care processes and special criteria that needs to be met. Every day was a learning experience.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
pay to park.
Sch
Emergency Department Coordinator/ Admitting (Current Employee) –  SeattleSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work. Intense at times in the Er but awesome staff and progressive culture. I've learned how to be humble and compassionate for families. During my time here I've felt supported by co- workers.

Want to know more about Seattle Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Seattle Children's is AMAZING!
Program Coordinator III (40hrs/week) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2018
Working as a program coordinator has been great. The job hours are flexible and the management is great. I would highly recommend working for Seattle Childrens!
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
Great; Until it wasn't anymore.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2018
Challenging and engaging work in an organization devoted to saving lives initially made up for the lower than average pay and little opportunities for advancement/professional development in my field.
Outstanding mission with amazing results
Senior Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2018
SCH is a non-profit hospital that really succeeds at its mission of caring for children at risk, using amazing techniques such as gene therapy.

For IT Security Operations, its a great place to work with dynamic and capable team members. Great work/life balance at SCH.
Great Organization
Senior Psychometrist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2018
Seattle Children's Hospital is a great organization. They have a strong passion to provide the best care to every child that walks through their doors.
Busy and emotional
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
I wore many hats from Emergency Room to Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. They co-workers were amazing! You're dealing with ill patients and families and under those circumstances it's a great place to work.
Pros
Heathcare, Co-Workers
Cons
Stress, sick kids
Exciting and challenging work environment with a highly supportive and collaborative team
Pediatric physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2018
Acute care team consisting of consults, cancer care, and inpatient rehab. They are a teaching hospital and take students frequently, which makes it a welcoming and thought-provoking environment. Management is incredibly selfless and always looking out for the best interests of the therapists. The team consisting of PT, OT, SLP are friendly, knowledgeable, selfless, and passionate about their job.
Culture Problems
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2018
SCH and SCRI are both great places to work in many ways, but unless you are an MD it is very difficult to carve out a career path.

MDs at the hospital can be very aggressive toward support and administrative staff.

PIs at the research institute are very much at adds with administration, due to not wanting to spend their grant money on anything (like compliance), other than research. The CRAs are thrown in with no training, leading to a higher than average turnover rate.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
What I liked the most about the job was the positive interaction with the patients and visitors. I worked in corrections before I came here, so that means a lot to me.
Seattle Children's
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2018
I love working for them. It's such a good hospital to work at. My manger is great and I like everyone I work with. I believe in the mission, vision, and values.
Challenging Work
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2018
Very challenging work within a fast paced environment. The position does give the opportunity to acquire and refine new skills. Underpaid for the difficulty and burn-out rate of this position. The department is understaffed which can lead to employees working mandatory hours.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
physical assault by patients is to be expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight