Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Lots of education offered
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Always busy, kids generally very ill but good support available for staff.management was very good, involved. Good team players. Lots of education opportunities.
Pros
Good work environent
Cons
Reasonable benefits
my experience with children's hospital
Health Equity Liaison (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2018
Seattle Children Hospital is the great place to work. i was with children over 9 years and enjoyed every single day working there. i love my job and my coworkers.
Relaxed Atmosphere with Great People
Research Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 19, 2018
I love the people I work with but the management makes it difficult to make any changes and my department is undervalued. And the compensation is good but it's based on title and not actual performance. I would want to stay otherwise.
Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2018
Seattle Children's Hospital is an amazing place to work. Depending on the department and the job your doing will depend on the level of stress you will encounter during your day. I highly recommend working for Seattle Children's Hospital.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Hospital work can be stressful at times
Amazing leadership
Mental Health Evaluator - On-Call (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
I'm constantly impressed by my co-workers. So much thought is given to making sure kids and their families feel comfortable and validated.

Everyone is relaxed,collaborative, respective of each other's experience and judgement.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
parking, shuttling
A great organization
Administrative Assistant III - Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2018
Assist Leadership team with requests.
I learned a lot about organization skills, dealing with multiple Leadership members.
The workplace is good and enjoyable.
Pros
The staff enjoy their jobs and are good when working together
Cons
Not much
Garbage
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 5, 2018
Garbage in, Garbage out. very shady practices. they push pharmaceutical drugs to kids and and do illegal drugs themselves. That's just what I saw. the same kids kept coming back. are they getting treated? I don't think so. maybe with pesticides.

you ever seen a nutritionist the size of a whale? I have. and half the doctors are obese. I don't think they care about children, or medical care for that matter.
Relaxed but job may not be secured
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2017
Relaxed when the lab has enough money. But when it doesn't then you'd be spending a lot of hours working on grant applications (even if you are not a scientist). Labs close down frequently due to low funding/grants.
Like it
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2017
Overall, good experience. Currently going through growing pains which means lack of communication and often times confusion surrounding processes. Great benefits, but salary and retirement package not very competitive.
Pros
employee engagment
Cons
lack of communication and training
I was intern in the IT department
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2017
As an intern Seattle Children's was my first professional job where I get paid and also learn and grow as young adult chasing his dream. The IT team was the best team I could ask for.
Pros
The team was very helpful
Cons
manager was to nice to be manager
Great place!
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2017
Great place to work and make a difference for those around. I enjoyed my coworkers who are now my friends. Loved being a part of new groundbreaking events for new research building. Became a Guinness world record holder at the groundbreaking by participating in the largest science project, extracting the dna of a strawberry.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Hard to advance.
Travelers beware
Agency PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Main CampusDecember 6, 2017
I'm a great nurse, and my patients normally love me, but the culture made it impossible to demonstrate confidence in my work. As a traveler, I was not supported. They singled me out, went through my charting to find error, and constantly harrassed me. The management was not on my side, and when the night shift complained to the manager about things that were percieved by them, but not the truth or proven, he immediately took it as truth and did not assess deeper and hear my defense. I felt very uncomfortable, and it started to make my patient's feel uncomfortable. I don't thrive in a negative work environment.

Overheard manager telling another travel nurse, "I expect my travelers to be perfect. If I have to talk with them more than a couple times then I will tell them, you know, this just isn't a good fit,"
Then he will have security escort them out of the hospital.

Only problem, is the staff like to run to management about minor issues.
Pros
Many great staff members
Cons
Problem with dishonesty and gossip amongst management
Great Benefits, Lots of Racism, Sexism, and Performance of White Progressivism
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2017
Children's pays well. However as a person of color and a female presenting person, I cannot recommend it as a place to work, or to be a patient if you are from a marginalized group. There is a lot of talk about diversity and Inclusion, a lot of performance of caring about service to marginalized people, but very little action to go with that talk. It is an abusive place to work for many people who are not white men. There is this idea that Children's exists in a vacuum that is not influenced by the world with which it interacts daily. HR is complicit. Besides the pay and benefits, there is nothing redeeming about this organization from an employee perspective.
Pros
Orca pass, Inexpensive or free health benefits, Competitive salaries
Cons
Racism, Misogyny, Xenophobia
Highly Advanced and Supportive
"Intensive Care Unit Technician" (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2017
The staffing is always supportive of each other and the care provided is top notch. A typical day included answering phone calls from nurses who need assistance, stocking the supplies for each room, and completing daily tasks. Other roles include assisting nurses with transfers, bed changes, diaper changes, dressing changes and participating in code or emergency situations.
Love it
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2017
FANTASTIC place to work. Wonderful work place culture, totally competitive pay, great management structure, lots of opportuniites for advancement. you wont regret it
Retire in place
Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2017
clinical work is possibly state of the art, though no quality reports are promoted

operational management is old-school 'mean girl' and risk averse, lacking current industry experience or need to innovate

work environment is not employee friendly - cheap bordering on miserly
One of the worst job experience
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  SeattleNovember 28, 2017
The job itself is stressful, high turnover rate, I think the average stay was 2 years, the job wasn't the best. If you didn't fit the kind of mold they liked than they were quick to judge and accuse you of mistakes. The management sucked, they forced me to resign after only giving me two extra training days. They tried to force their own agenda of it not being the right fit for me for weeks, even though I was qualified for the job and wanted to continue working even under bad management. They used my own depression against me as a way to prove that I wasn't cut out for it. The management doesn't even watch you on the floor to know how you're doing, nor do they care and would rather save a buck then improve their training process. Also they try to make it seem that being an introvert is the end of the world and people should only be loud and extrovert. The only upside was the other coaches and the patients and the staff that work on the floor that were kind.
Amazing Organization
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2017
The organization is amazing. The health benefits are the best I've ever had and the work culture is positive and encouraging as a whole however management across the company is inconsistent. There are a lot of moving parts to the organization and they don't always talk to each other effectively. I would absolutely recommend it as an organization.
Pros
Health Benefits, Work Culture, Opportunity
Wonderful Place to Work
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2017
I absolutely love working for Seattle Children's Hospital. Working on my unit is a very challenging and fast-paced environment, but the Leadership (Management) Team and my co-workers, along with the overall culture of the company, make working fun and enjoyable. I feel so lucky to be working at such a high-demand, highly-rated hospital for children that provides such high quality care to children in need. I would recommend and do recommend working at Seattle Children's Hospital.
nursing
RN, PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2017
nursing Process and critical thinking. assess and treated patients in a psychiatric environment of voluntary and involuntarily committed patients on psychotropics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

73out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Seattle Children's Hospital.

Seattle Children's Hospital Reviews by Location