Seattle Colleges District Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
very educational fun and hands on
entry welder (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2017
most days are pretty amazing its when you miss a day that you get lost and have to play catch up on what you have missed out on.i learned 3 types of welding ti mig and stick all very different but valuable.management was outstanding in structuring and even teaching great skills along the way.i would say the hardest part of the job was not being able to stay longer and learn more.the enjoyable part was the people
Pros
i learned alot in a short amount of time and soaked it up like a sponge
Cons
if you miss a day its like missing a year
Proactively assisted with the engagement and inclusive nature of the college experience.
Student Leadership & Multicultural Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
A day in the office would begin with having a team meeting. We would take minutes and jump right into what needs to be done. I really enjoyed my supervisor and co-workers for that since I am the type that likes to progress forward and get things done. Since our department was in charge of student activities for the year, I learned the requirement and power of planning 3 -9 months ahead in order to not only have talent come entertain the school, but I learned how to negotiate offers and leverage their location in order to save us money due to a tight budget. My co-workers were cool as a fan; we all came from different backgrounds and were able to take that as a strength and foster growth within our term together. I actually transferred to Western Washington Univ with one of my co-workers and we are very good friends...we are both in the business school as well which is a cool thing. I would say the most difficult part of the job was the actual labor we had to do; the set up of stages, setup/take-down of chairs, musical equipment, and things of that nature. What was most enjoyable was actually seeing our hard work and planning transpire before our eyes. We had maybe one cancellation all that year but that was it. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience.
Culturally diverse place of employment with opportunity to advance!
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2014
Higher Education establishment that welcomes all people from all walks of like. Can work your way from being a student to obtaining a Ph.D. if you so desire.

The management is supportive of your goals and dreams and have several opportunities to attain professional development that compliments your goals.
Pros
Student engagement is high importance
Cons
Not enough domestic students
A very caring atmosphere - Great People
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2014
I worked at a work study student and was allowed to stay after I graduated from college.