Seattle Goodwill Employee Reviews

Great
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 10, 2019
It's a pretty relaxed place to work at. I greet customers to take in their donations outside and inside a team (including myself) sorts through the donations for processing and then to be sold on the retail floor. On some days the weather (rain, snow, or rarely excessive heat) can make things a little inconvenient, but overall I have nothing bad to say about my time at Goodwill.
Poor/Bad Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2019
The managers only wants to impress customers, they don't care about their employees, they don't even see them as a human who has feeling, they don't stand for the employees right when a crazy customers complain that they (employees) didn't get to be worshipped. The managers appreciate and thank the lazy and rude ones the hard worker gets complain. Many employees doesn't care about the store and the customers, they only get nice when they see the managers.
Pros
Flexible schedule for employees who stayed long and students.
Cons
Bad managers, No appreciation for hard workers. They dont even know who is the hard worker and the lazy ones.
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Management doesn't care about staff. Management competes with one another. Leaders tell staff organization and management/staff secrets unsolicited. Toxic from top to bottom.

Staff is treated unfairly and are at the whim of leaders' and whatever politics they play.

There's no equity for staff. Favorites are the norm.
Pros
Discount to thrift store
Cons
No work life balance, little appreciation
This was a great plac3 to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 4, 2019
I really loved this job. Fast paced. Customer service skills a must. And knowledge of collectables Ana ability to multitask very important. Watch out for loss prevention though. The guy is s bully
Nice people to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 20, 2018
A unique working experience that is rewarding in that it helps the customers living on limited incomes shop reasonably and easily. A good place to meet interesting people also.
Very productive
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WANovember 9, 2018
We all work together as a team. Most of us get along very well. A little fast paced but nothing a person can't handle. Management is very nice, they work with e everyone as much h as they can.
Pros
Dont fee6 room for advancement
Cons
Great place to woek
Seattle Goodwill has its own culture.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 3, 2018
Working at Seattle Goodwill has changed my life and perspective. Jobs really do change lives, especially when tolerance, acceptance, and understanding is offered by your employer.
Great People to work with from diverse backgrounds. Amazing opportunites to grow and learn.
Job Training & Education Case Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 15, 2018
I loved working at Seattle Goodwill. I was challenged daily and learned most of my professional skills while working here. Seattle Goodwill gave me the opportunities to learn and grow professionally that a lot of other places would not give me. I highly recommend joining the Seattle Goodwill team especially to take advantage of the training programs they offer the community as well as to their employees.
Pros
Discounts, Diverse, Opportunity to grow professionally and learn a ton of new transferable and technical skills.
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WASeptember 22, 2018
Loved working here, had a lot of fun working in a fast paced environment. Coworkers really became more of a family than just the people I worked alongside. Managers were fun and engaging.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Poorly paid
fun workplace
Lead textiles (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WASeptember 21, 2018
very good place to work for. the hardest part of the job was to make sure i was making quota. it was a stressful situation but it was all a team effort.
Pros
option of fulltime and benifits
Cons
no overtime
Wonderful Enviroment
Seattle Goodwill (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2018
This is a great place to work. There are people from 65 different countries working here and they all work good together. I learned everything from toys to collectibles to housewares too art and everything in between
Pros
great people
Cons
some bosses not friendly
Can be a stressful and demanding job at times but there are times where it is relaxed and slow passed.
Donation Site Attendant Lead (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WASeptember 1, 2018
Depending on the position a person applies determines the kind of work a person will have to do. There are store locations that deal with the retail side of the company and with store locations, there is less physical labor required. If applying at a donation center or trailer sites are the part of the company that are more demanding and physical part of the company. Donation centers are trailer sites can be stressful at times and some are more busy then others. Just depends on the locale. The company as a whole offers good health benefits and future preparations.
Pros
Good benefits, possibilities to advance in the company. flexible hours and understanding staff/management.
Cons
Physical work depending on the location, can be a stressful at times.
Bad upper managment
Donation Attendant/ backup (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAAugust 29, 2018
The refuse to listen, cause you of things you so not do.
Lots of drama at all levels.refuse to solve issues. Treat you like a idiot. Work you like a mule and give no praise or feedback. Not enough people attending to sights.overworked to the point of burn out.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
refuse to listen, Lots of drama, refuse to solve issues, Treat you like a idiot, Work you like a mule, give no praise or feedback, Not enough people attending to sights, overworked to the point of burn out
don't waste your time
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 7, 2018
dead end job. they work you to the bone for as little money as possible. you get written up for being sick/missing a day. after 3 you're fired. corporate has insane unrealistic expectations and doesn't give you the man power to meet them. pay raises are maybe 25cents a year. very hard to get a promotion even when you're deserving. even when possible to give employees the same schedule weekly I was trained to NOT. to change the schedule for everyone every week. very hard to manage your family and children and an always changing schedule
Pros
Cons
everything
Worst job I have ever had
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 24, 2018
Management cared for themselves. No communication between departments. Unless break time, must be "at work" at all times. No going for advice for pricing or varifiying items. Work load, quotas always upped to near impossible heights.
Pros
Cons
poor uncaring management
Sometimes it's fun, lots of great co workers
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 2, 2018
fast paced, sometimes stressful. Since it is stressful lack of communication is compromised. Since we're paid less than Goodwill's in Downtown Seattle, people tend to quit and opt to transfer there.
Pros
employees discounts
Cons
Stressful job
good place to start
SALES ASSOCIATE, MERCHANDISER, STOCKER & RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJune 7, 2018
This was my first job, I feel like this was a good start for me .I learned alotle working here. Found some good friends and got promoted to different department. I had to make it short because of management
Seattle Goodwill
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 5, 2018
I was a cashier, customer service floor associate, and stocker

Management was easy to work with

Culture included a lot of diversity in employees and associates

It was a challenge to keep up with the demand and orderliness of the store

I liked the many different items and people
Pros
Constantly busy
Cons
People don't have much respect for thrift stores
a fun place to work with a lot fo flexibility
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Retail has been a fun place to work with even we worked in the production area.A typical day at work would be arranged the salable items with the non salable ones. There are a lot of marketing strategies like which one goes to online, a seasonal and which trend is the latest and which items are in high demand. I was taught to know quality of products, designer items,how to differentiate good, better and best items to sell and how much it would cost.
Management managed us well especially if you are new in the job.
I worked with a diverse group of people. The hardest part is reaching the quota and the most enjoyable was displaying the products that you finished to organize and presenting them to customers.
Sucky Management
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 15, 2018
They definitely play favorites. Some people got in trouble for actually working while others would look at their phone or wander all day and not get in trouble.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Goodwill. Our community is ready to answer.