seattle magazine Employee Reviews

See reviews about
1.5Pay & Benefits
Great experience but management seems unorganized.
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 11, 2015
I interviewed for any position (ranging from unpaid internship, freelance to listed in the Masthead) January 3rd, 2014. I finally heard back in May for Freelance the following week. I worked at an interns computer for the first week. It seemed like they were completely unprepared for anyone new to be joining them. I was given small sections of the magazine (which is expected) but wasn't told how to find them or where anything was located on the server. From this, I learned how to openly communicate with my new employees. The hardest part was trying to understand Seattle Mag's feel without really being told what I was aiming for. I worked on & off for them for the next couple months. It was almost as if I was given false hope in the position. I was named Assistant Designer & was told they never bring Freelancers back more than once. I was brought back 3 times before I was paid for the first time. When I started asking when I would receive my payment, I was not asked back.

My favorite part was actually working in Seattle for a major magazine in a major building. I loved the feeling knowing I was part of the Magazine, part of a Magazine again.
Pros
Great experience!
Cons
It took Seattle Magazine 2 months to pay me for my freelance work.
Fun workplace
Internship Web Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2013
Fantastic experience on the inner happenings of a magazine publication company.

Coworkers and management were awesome!

Hardest part of the job was my internship being completed.
Pros
Writing articles, pitching ideas, creating
Cons
unpaid internship