Seattle University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Gift and Data Integrity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2018
I started at Seattle U in 2004. It was a hectic but fun place to work. There were a lot of jobs to handle at one time. Customer service was my main job with database management. When I got a new manager, things changed. I knew my job inside and out, but as new things come up, business rules changed and so I needed to change also. The climate of the office changed considerably. After much deliberation, it was time to move on.
Relaxed IT Job
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2018
This is a great starting IT job for those looking for part-time work or those looking to eventually enter the IT field, with lots of mentorship and a slower pace than many other similar jobs.
Good
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Seattle university is a great place to work, to live onto study . I would love to share my experiences with you.........................................
Great place to work as a student at the school
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 2, 2018
Supervisors are very understanding of student needs and are easily willing to work around an ever changing class/study schedule. Last minute changes to work availability were rarely an issue.
legal teaching opportunity for class credit
third-year student (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
As a third-year student at Seattle University School of Law, I had the opportunity to teach basic principles of law to high school seniors while earning college credits at the same time. The culminating experience was a mock trial conducted before and judged by real judges and lawyers. My students took first place in their competition.
Pros
teaching opportunity
Ethical & fun workplace
New Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 17, 2018
You learn great interpersonal skills - how to read people & understand their wants & needs. Working in a collaborative environment with team members but also getting personal one on one sessions with the business school kids. It's like being a therapist and mentor all in one.
Pros
Flex hours
Wonderful place to work
CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2018
The Student Health Center was an amazing place to work. The manager and co-workers were fantastic! The work environment was compassionate, supportive and geared toward employee happiness. The focus on patient well-being was paramount.
Pros
Hours, work environment, management
Cons
I had hours long commute times
A place that is inclusive, respect for all people
FACULTY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2018
This is my most enjoyable job where people are nice and supportive. The hardest part of the job is assisting 20+ faculty and sometimes they give work on a short notice at the same time. I learned to properly managed my time and able to accomplish all works in a timely manner.
Pros
Subsidized bus passes and/or parking
Cons
Long drive from home to workplace
Summary
Eisiminger Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2018
This position offers a lot of opportunity to network and work in a professional environment while being a student. The professional staff do an excellent job of developing us students into professionals no matter the career path we take.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Shifts are competitive
Great place to work!
Student Gardener (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 6, 2018
I've enjoyed my time working for Seattle University Grounds, the people are great, the management is great, I've learned a lot of valuable skills, and it has been overall very beneficial to my life.
Really values work life balance
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
Depending on the office you work in there is a very strong emphasis placed on work life balance. Also department contingent there are some opportunities for advancement.
Holistic care leads to a great work environment!
UREC Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2018
I've always felt supported by my managers both professionally and personally. It's a true team environment, which makes it a great and productive environment to work in.
Good benefits
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2018
I enjoyed my team and job while I was employed at Seattle University. The company also offered good benefits, which included retirement, PTO, sick leave, etc.
cool
Certified Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Once again I don't want to leave a review but have to fill this in so this is just me filling in words and not because I want to. In fact I've copied and pasted this for all reviews.
Pros
cool
Cons
not cool
Fun place to work at despite middle management
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2018
The experience here relies heavily on your coworkers. The new director apparently has been a welcome change. Middle management hasn't changed last time I checked and desperately needs to. Benefits-especially education benefits are great.
Poor Management
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Interesting employees, few opportunities for advancement due to small size of company, management efficacy deterred by owner. Any steps towards improvement are swiftly discouraged.
Great
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2018
I really don’t have anything negative to say. They were very understanding and helpful in very aspect of the job. It’s was an awesome experience and I was sad to go.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
I liked it don’t know
Productive and fun workplace
ITS Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2018
I had a pleasure working here. The work was challenging, and the management was great, they're active and tentative. The overall experience was wonderful.
Pros
Management, workload
Cons
something projects were behind schedule
Eight out of Ten
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2018
Worthwhile opportunity for building team building and networking experience in a supportive and relaxed atmosphere. I can wholeheartedly say I enjoyed my experience there.
Great place to learn non-profit leadership
Co-Founder and Co-Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Camp Kesem help immensely with developing profession skills. It builds compassion, empathy, and strong moral character. Kesem provided me with opportunities I never thought to seek out myself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight