SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Culture reviews

i loved working at busch
Food Serve Attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 9, 2018
I loved my supervisors. I loved my coworkers. They vibe and the environment there was good. It's just a friendly company. Discounts and benefits are great.
Pros
free pass into the park and free parking with your busch id
great hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  110 willamsburg rdJune 3, 2018
great hours ,outstanding interaction with customers ,also great mangenment ,flexible with hours,okay benefits great with the passes to enjoy the place you even after work
productive and busy
Florida (Former Employee) –  orlando, flNovember 21, 2018
On a typical day at SeaWorld, people came from all across the world just to gaze at the animals and have a wonderful experience of walking around and trying new foods. I learned a lot at SeaWorld, for example, working at the cash register and being quick on my feet. I also learned that if you are not a fast learner than the job could be fairly difficult and it will take you longer to do just about anything.
At SeaWorld, we have multiple managers all with rather different personalities. some were easy to talk to while others were intimidating.
the hardest part about the job was dealing with the difficult costumers. but learning how to deal with them took a bit of time but after a while, I learned how to keep them happy.
And finally, the most enjoyable part of Seaworld was the paycheck.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unnecessary task
Cultured and fun workplace with team centric environment
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 3, 2018
A typical day at Busch was a submersion in culture. There is a heritage you feel while walking around, from the guests who have been coming there for generations, to the themed countries and the authentic people who work within them. Company values drive passion, hard work, and proven success. My favorite part of the job was always the exposure to people of all ethnicities and backgrounds- it was a daily occurrence to meet guests from England and India all in the same hour. There were consistent challenges to overcome and a team of experienced workers to help you through. With the downfalls of weather exposure, long hours, little advancement incentives, and rare full time positions- the majority of the employees have been there for five plus years which speaks more to the culture of the company. The people who work here don’t do it for the money, they do it because they love working here.
Pros
Great environment and culture, friendships, learning, training programs
Cons
little advancement incentives, long hours
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612April 17, 2018
Great place to work at. You get great benefits that come with job, like being able to go whenever you have a day off. As well as free tickets for friends and family.
Very fun workplace with meeting new people
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Busch as I made a lot of new friends and had a lot of new experiences. The management was very nice and respectable. The workplace culture is very fun and they are amazing people.
Exciting and Fun
WINE AND BOURBON AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2018
Working for Busch Gardens was a lot of fun. The discounts are great but the pay could be better. I was lucky to work with some great people and have great times!
Pros
Discounts
Exciting Place to Work
Cashier, Food Prep, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2018
In the many roles I worked in here there was one common trend, the friendliness of management and fellow team members. The different divisions of the parks really come together to create great guest experiences.
Keland
Assistant Manager Busch Gardens Festhaus Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 15, 2018
A typical day, at Busch,was to assess the entire Festhaus. Prep and prepare food in a timely manner. Check all food hold times, and temperature. Delegate tasks as needed. Make sure team member schedule are put in, and order supplies as needed. As a manager I monitor and assist in any costumers service issue. I also monitor the money bags that are given to cashiers before and after there shifts ended .One of my favorite parts of the job was to train and providing good information to the team members, this is essential to there success. Review all reports of the daily operation. Overall, my job was to maintain and oversee that everyone was is following Busch Garden policies and procedures.

At Busch, the work culture is great. We had a lot of diversity, and young kids. For most of these kids this was there first job. So as a manager you have to know how to talk to them. Give them the respect that you would want someone to give you.

The hardest part of working for Busch is not spending time with my family. Don't get me wrong, I know what I sign up for. I know that the bulk of any business operation is the weekend. I don't mind because I 'm a provider. But it's hard sometime.

The most enjoyable part of working there is you get to meet knew people every year. Start up new friendships.
BGW is a good place to learn and grow for electrical tradesmen!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 16, 2018
Typical day was fast paced- work/calls ranged from minor electrical issues to attraction shutdowns to event execution. Everyday was different. You worked on some cutting edge technologies and worked with different people.
The General Services/Design and Engineering Dept.management team was very knowledgeable and understanding.They took care of their people- like a family. They did so much with less every year and they continue to deliver.
Tons of paid time off that increased with years of service/paid sick time. Over time, like most companies, the costs for healthcare went up but that's not the department's fault.
Good work/life balance depending on the position you were in. Good safety/ work Culture. BGW is a park for families.
Everyone is on the same team, they look out for each other's safety and they all work to deliver a safe and quality guest experience.
I enjoyed/miss the people the most. Everyone brought their A-game and wanted to succeed. They are scrappy and innovative at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia. I wish them the best. If they aren't, they should be the model for the other parks to follow.
Like all jobs, it is what you make it. Everyday was an opportunity to make a positive impact for the team members and the guests.
Truly, no place like it on earth!
Pros
Team mentality/ safety and family focused, Technology, I was compensated well for what I did/what was expected of me.
Cons
Sad to leave.
fast paced busy enviorment
Security Guard, Tampa (Former Employee) –  tampaOctober 3, 2018
Busch gardens a great place to work especially for teens or college students looking for a part time job. working a Busch gardens is a great experience, interacting with friendly guests from all walks of life in a professional manner as well as preforming a world class service. pros of working here are the discounts and free admission only con would be the lack of hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
part time
fun seasonal job
Guest relations/cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
a typical day in the hot sun
people want a discount for everything from food to tickets
management is very helpful
workplace culture well rounded
the hardest part of the job is standing in the sun outdoors
Pros
family discount tickets
Cons
short breaks
Culinary Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
Working at BG was a fun place to work and I will still be there if the salary was better. Working as a slave and only making $8 did not pay much of the bills that I had. The management were fair and the most enjoyable part were the people in the park. I met a lot of new people on a daily
Productive and fun work place.
Ride Attendant/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I really love working at Sea World Parks and Entertainment. They give employees discounts on passes. Also, they have great staff members. I would recommend this job for many college students. They are very flexible with work hours.
Was a friendly place to work.
Warehouse Worker, HVAC Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2018
The environment was safe and the people i worked with were great. I have made long lasting relationships with friends and peers that I have met though while working there.
It's a great first job, and provides good discounts.
San Antonio - food service assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2018
The job tasks were average and manageable. The workers were nice and friendly. The hardest part was closing on the weekend because it was really dirty.
was an okay first job
RESTURAUNT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 26, 2018
free tickets were nice and pay was pretty decent. people are all great and the supervisors were all understanding and caring for one another would recommend as a first job.
fun,lively,productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 2, 2017
There is no such thing as a typical day at Busch,every day is different because of the type of environment that it is.There was so much that I learned that I couldn't put it into words.Management was awesome,the last manager worked for was supportive,easy to get along with,and cared about her staffs well being.The hardest prt of the job was leaving.The most enjoyable part was the guests that came to the park.
Pros
401k, free tickets
Cons
healthcare, paid vacation
Can be slow or face-paced work with possibly very interesting days.
GAMES HOST (Current Employee) –  10165 N McKinley Dr. Tampa, FL 33612March 22, 2018
A typical day at work consists of trying to meet budget expectations by getting guests to play games.
I have learned how to deal with large crowds of people and work under pressure as well as multitask.
Management was previously uninvolved in my area of the park. However, they rectified this by creating a managerial position to head my area as well as connect with upper management.
The culture at the workplace is relaxed for the most part, however, that invites some employees to take advantage of the culture which would lead to less laid-back approach supervisors would have.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset guests that would be upset with the employees when the issue is out of our control. If there is ever an issue in our control, it is corrected or we accommodate the guest.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making their day, making sure they have fun as well as talking to them. Guests come from across the globe and it is a rare opportunity to be able to talk to such a diverse group of people that all have interesting stories to tell.
Good Place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Overall working at SeaWorld was a pretty good first job. My team members were nice to me. A typical work day foes by pretty fast if it was on a weekend.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
N/a