SeaWorld San Diego Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

culinary host
Culinary Host Leadership (Former Employee) –  500 Sea World Dr, San Diego, CA 92109February 4, 2019
some of the management is messy and mean.

The scheduling can be weird as well. The Company occasionally complains about people calling out, but they give people shifts on days they are unavailable to work.

if you're a part timer, you rarely get any work hours in the off season
Hit or Miss
BEVERAGE HOST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2018
While people that share the same authority with you are nice and helpful, some of the management is messy and mean.

The scheduling can be weird as well. Company occasionally complains about people calling out, but they give people shifts on days they are unavailable to work.

It's a mixed bag.
Culinary Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2018
Very fast paced environment, good employee benefits, sufficient pay depending on position, team members are very united and friendly, training above average very well done
productive and uplifting work enviroment
Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92109September 20, 2018
Working at Seaworld is an experience I wish everyone could experience. Walking into work was like a new adventure every day, the people there are always kind and helpful and the customers are always telling you how lovely their day is and how great the park is. It's also very uplifting to see the children's faces when they talk to you about the dolphins or the penguins.
Pros
free lunches, flexible work hours, great staff, enviroment
Cons
n/a
Relaxed or stressful depending on the day
Culinary Operations Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2018
Usually the weekdays were the more relaxed days with the occasional lunch rush that accompanied shows, but during the weekends was when it felt like there was a never ending lunch rush. Depending on where you were working that day depends how much is expected of you.
Amazing place to work
Seasonal Culinary Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
It’s more of a first job kind of place. Lots of hours but somewhat stressful. You will make great friends and everyone is pretty chill (most of the time).
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Days
Miserable Place to Work
Culinary Operations Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 16, 2018
When I worked at Seaworld, they only gave me 1-2 days of work per week and most of the time I got 4 hours a day. That's the minimum amount of hours you can work without them having to pay you for extra hours. Also, the supervisors are mean.
Pros
Free lunch, free admission into the park
Cons
poor hours
it's not as glamorous
Park Quality Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2018
this place was nice in the beginning and was highly talked about, towards the end of my work there they started acting real fishy. they also told us to lie to customers about blackfish saying that its not real.
Summer Job
Culinary Host (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 9, 2018
This place is great for a summer job or even your first job. Working as a culinary host in carts, its common to be at many different locations within a work week. Lots of people you get to work with.
Pros
Free park and zoo tickets
Cons
No room for growth
Fast-paced structured area
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Meeting new people everyday. Management didn't handle things well, but good coworkers and good pay. Perfect break times and great break areas to lounge in.
Productive and fast paced
Hostess (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
As a Seaworld ambassador, my goal was to serve every guest to my full potential while simultaneously enduring perseverance through every circumstance.
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare, reasonable breaks
It sea world!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2017
helooooo you work at a park! but it is still work! good food nice animals. its pretty cool and nifty. i like the nuggets and brisket. you get to see flamingos.
Fun fast paced work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work includes cleaning facility, making and serving food to guests, and handling money transactions. It can be very busy during peak seasons, which requires one to be calm under pressure. Always maintain a friendly attitude towards guests. Management is very helpful and makes sure the place is clean. The work environment helps the job not seem so tedious with lively, fun co-workers. The hardest part of the job is working long nights in the peak seasons and working 365 days of the year.
Pros
Free lunches, free park tickets
Cons
Working on holidays
Very different work experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
I've learned a lot working at SeaWorld. It taught me how to manage my time and how to cook. Meeting new people. The HR crew is very helpful. Hardest part is not having a security paycheck because my hours depend on if Seaworld has guests. Most enjoyable part about th job are the positive attitudes and smiles.
Benefits
Fun Worrkplace
Beverage Host (Former Employee) –  SeaWorld San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
Learned how to cook and serve a beverage properly. Made many new friends there and without my co-workers I wouldn't have enjoyed my time there =.
Parks Ops not every day is the same.
Park Operations Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
Being in Seaworld and working park ops, was an adventure. Some days I work janitorial, patios, or trash/sweeper. Not any two days were the same a lot of variety and varies busy work, a avery fun environment.
Fun perks of interacting with the animals
Park Ops II/ Show Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CANovember 18, 2015
If you love interacting with animals this is the job for you. Although the job wasn't super glamorous at times, the perks were great and meeting amazing co-workers wasn't too bad either. You get to interact with people from all over the world everyday and what better way to start a conversation than by sharing the park knowledge you know
Fun Work Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2015
Exciting work place, provides a great working environment for all employees. Management produces and executes all task in order to maintain a productive work force. Many rules and training in order to keep everything in line.
great work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at SeaWorld it was a very enjoyable environment got along with my coworkers and management team they made sure we were set and ready to work always help out
Good benefits, room to advance, lots of experience with customer service
Park Hostess (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2013
I love working at SeaWorld but I currently I would like to get more experience in the field I am studying, such as working with children in foster care and schools. A typical day for me at work is go to a stadium and I greet guests for the show, make sure that people are safe and after the show we would clean. The people I work with are a great group of people and we have fun but are also able to get the job done. Although the park is quite busy we often don't see upper management and sometimes I feel like they may not see all the hard work we put into our job. The hardest part about my job is dealing with guests who are unhappy. Since working here I have developed new and better communication skills with unhappy guests and overall I am able to help them with the problems or concerns they may have. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure our guests at SeaWorld are having an amazing time and helping them out in any way that I can, guest service is a huge part of working there.
Pros
Free entry into SeaWorld for myself and family and friends, cheap lunches, friendly people, raffles and prize giveaways, close to where I live
Cons
Pay, Short breaks, uniforms, sometimes you don't feel appreciated, unpredictable weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

SeaWorld San Diego Reviews by Location