SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Production Department
Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
Please consider another theme park to work for. You might be lucky enough to fit in with individuals that follow their own rules; disregarding company policies on harassment and hostile work environments.
Pros
Animals, landscaping, Animal Trainers, Contracted Performers
Cons
Co-workers, Managment, Advancement, Equal Opportunity, Pay
Depends on where you work
Entertainer, Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
If you're an actor then you get paid better, get more rest time, have more fun with your job, have better management. If you are anything else then I'm sorry, but you may want to look for something else and make this a temporary job.
Work Experience at SeaWorld
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2018
I worked at SeaWorld over the summer as a seasonal employee. There I worked as a ride operator for Manta roller coaster. A typical day at work included rider safety, cleaning the ride area, line management, filling out the disability form for riders, and opening/closing the ride and area. This job taught me a lot about working together as a team seeing that if another ride were to shut down due to mechanical difficulties we often assisted in the evacuation of the line and securing the area. I also learned how to communicate properly with the park's guests and controlling mass amounts of people. At SeaWorld, there were a couple forms of management. I worked as an employee at Manta where there was the leadership team, that was in charge of the employees at the ride. If anything were to go wrong we would have to radio the supervisors to assist us with anything major.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Great Hours
Cons
Hard to get time off
fun part time job if you do not want any hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2018
Was hired for part time, was told I would be getting 28 to 30 hours a week, and I get on average 15 to 20. I try and pick up extra hours, and they are always gone quickly.

My training was a few hours then I was on my own, and they expect you to know everything after a few hours of training. You cannot reach a manger if you have any questions, or need anything. You do get extra time for lunches, as you need to walk through the park, and do get stopped and asked for directions a lot. But you only get 1 break a day. Most times you are alone for your entire shift, so you can not leave to use the bathroom, or get a break if your stuck outside for 10 hours.

HR is terrible, I was told in training that we could apply for a full time job, or any upgrade right after we were hired. So I applied for a full time job, the note on the website stated that I was getting an interview. I waited a few days, called HR to see when my interview was, and 2 weeks later they called me back, left a message and said that I could not interview until I have been working for 3 months. I called back and left a message (because they only have voicemail) and still have not heard back after over 2 weeks.
Pros
Free admission
Cons
No hours, working outside in the heat. You only get 1 break a day
What to expect working at SeaWorld.
Culinary team member (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 12, 2018
Fast past, hard work, various weather degrees, cut throat management and tea members good pay. The hardest part of the job would have to be the long hours, tough staff and guests.
Pros
money
Cons
short breaks, management
Fun atmosphere with lots to do.
Guest Experience (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2018
Working at an amusement park is awesome. There's a really fun energy at SeaWorld with lots of great people to get to know. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how excited all the kids were about everything.
Pros
Longer breaks and lunches.
Cons
Not busy in seasons other than the summer.
fun place to work
park prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2018
100% amazing place to work ,would love to return ,would tell friends to consider working at this location.Great staff they are very professional .great place for kids and families
Pros
discounts, free tickets, affordable lunch
Cons
short breaks
Line Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
The job itself felt constricting, but the hiring process was so organized and the job was great experience. Everyone was helpful and it created a strong team environment.
Pros
experience
worried about job stability
Senior Theatrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2018
short handed. Made to work outside your area of skill. schedule can change at last minute. Fewer and fewer perks. Entertainment management filled with dancers and actors and such; almost no technical people. Many are young and lacking in experience.
Pros
the pros used to be many but are disappearing quickly
Cons
you can work all day with barely break or lunch time.
Productive work area
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2018
everything is okay, you just have to know how to work. things can get stressful but you should push through. you do get hours you just have to know people
Great place to work.
Rides assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. Seaworld is a great company and becoming a team member you instantly feel apart of a family with the people you work with everyday.
productive and fun workplace
Food service attendant/ assistant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2018
fast paced enviroment that can be a littile stressful, but worth the enjoyment. You start with an assigned shift and work throughout the day with the shift. A lot is learned and management is very understandable when a situation occurs. The hardest part is the stress when park is at peak hours.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, events and catering
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2018
Great place to work ay. I was able to meet people from different backgrounds. Enjoyed my complimentary tickets with family member. Only con was that I could not get requested time off to visit colleges, and it was my last year in high school
Pros
Cons
Cant get requested time off
decent place
Male Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2018
Not a bad job if you just need somewhere to make money, surely does not pay enough to live comfortably. Management is rude and does not seem to care about you.
Good company to work for good benefits
Park Quality Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2018
Very good company had fun working there . I enjoy working there all this years I learned a lot there. It provides you with good benefits . I got to meet a lot of great people there
Good first job, do not stay for more than a summer
Beverage Host (Current Employee) –  Point Loma, CAApril 27, 2018
Look im not gonna bore you with details, but I personally have had a 5 year run with this company and I can say i have been physically and mentally harmed by people and actions within the company and the company will act like they are doing something about it, but in the end the result is nothing.

If you have a kid who needs their first job to get work experience, thats fine. get a job for the summer and get out to anywhere else. do not stay past that first summer if you want to keep any shred of dignity and respect that you have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management, HR are worthless
Fun but stressful work environment
On the Job Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2018
Dealing with people was stressful, there is never any staffing, operations has to do everything in the park and get paid the least. It's a cool job for someone just doing it for extra money.
Good stable work place
rider operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2018
Nice company for young adults wanting a first job. Most day to day task are very easy to get the hang on depending on your job position. Its a very diverse environment great place to work on people skills
Productive, Very Supportive and Fun Work Place and Workmates
Sale Clerk (Former Employee) –  orlando floridaApril 24, 2018
Very day at Discovery Cove of Sea World is a day with fun and new learnings. very day we watch and assist guest to what they need yes I'm a sales clerk but as a personnel I already guide and assist guest whenever they need. the hardest part of being an employee is I walk from work to apartment everyday it took 1 1/2 hour to walk. Despite of hardwork our team always go out to find time to relax
Fun and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
Great job to gain valuable experience to help jump start your career. The opportunity to advance was paramount, they really want to see their employees grow.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours