SeaWorld

United States1,952 reviews

Found 1,952 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,020 reviews
parkseaticketanimalguestguthemeaquatica

Working at SeaWorld

Seaworld is wonderful to work out especially for High School or College students. They have very flexible schedules and you can chose what hours and days you work.

Pros

30% off food and merchandise

Cons

The pay is not the best if you are the sole provider

Fun and exhausting

I loved working at SeaWorld until Covid. Post Covid was terrible. The park wants to operate with the least amount of staff, which meant the current team had to do double the work or just let certain aspects go. It’s been quite some time since I’ve been to the park, but sounds like it’s about the same. It’s a great place to start and learn guest service, safety, and general operational skills, just be prepared to actually contribute if you want to go anywhere!

SeaWorld insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Decent for young people looking for a part time job

One thing I want to get clear for prospective bartenders applying is that the $14 an hour wage that is listed on the company's ad for the bartender position is only the compensation Seaworld gives you if you do not make at least that much per hour in tips. But the important part is that it's based on the tips reported for the entire pay period (which is two weeks), not for each day. e.g. if you have 5 very low income days then 2 very high income days, the 2 days could potentially cover the other 5 days and the compensation to get you to the $14 an hour from Seaworld would be lower than if they compensated you for each individual day. I don't think the company was being intentionally misleading in their ad for the position, I just wanted to clarify this for incoming applicants. Your actual wage is a server wage, $2 - $3 per hour, and most of your income comes from tips.The hardest part of working here is that the prices for the drinks are higher than elsewhere and this disinclines customers to tip the bartenders. And this problem compounds in the off-season, like late winter, because there is less business. Tips for incoming applicants is join for Halloween and Spring Break, which are some of the busiest times of the year.As far as actually working there, it is very easy and not very laborious. The Lonestar bar is pretty much a full bar and it's free pour. They have a modest selection of spirits and a draft beer and an even smaller selection of wines. You don't need any previous experience. Most customers order from the menu and half of the drinks on the menu are pre-made. -

Promising

Very nice people and lots of fun. The amount of hours to work does seem a bit sketch since it’s basically full time hours without the benefits but other than that it does seem promising.

What stands out ?

The simple fact that it's an amusement park was enticing. They give you 12 free tickets and 12 50% off tickets (6 for both if you're seasonal) But the pay, the hassle, and the drama is not worth it. Maybe if you're a teenager and still live at home with your family it is, but if you're an adult there is no way in this job is sustainable.

Pros

Free entry to sea world with your work ID.

Cons

Pay is horrible, not unionized.

Nice work environment with the best team

Every day I learn something new, and a new challenge is coming. People are very nice

Productive fun

It’s really fun though sometimes it can be slow sometimes have an fun events but if you work at harbor market you have to mop sweep restock condiments and refill napkins and bussing tables

Poor employee morale, simple-minded supervisors, low pay, little opportunity

This is a fun job at first but most people seem to quit after a few months. Low pay, abusive guests, lack of good leadership, trashed employee area, unhappy co-workers. I also got tired of watching whales and sharks swimming endlessly around in circles.

Fun Place to Work

The job was ok. The pay sucked! Calls were back to back in the summer. Supervisors were okay. Typically call center. Coworkers were okay. They’ll write you up for call offs; doesn’t matter why.

Fun and clean work place

Amazing place to work it was a fun place to work also very organized as well as the greeters we're very attentive, everyone was always very friendly to work with

Safe

They are fairly strict but reasonable with all the rules and policies,they do not tolerate harassment in any way or amount. They are very safe and concerned about the employees and visitors and also very clean

low pay, you apply for part time and work full time with no full time benefits or additional pay

You'll be hired as part-time, which means you gain no benefits and not PTO (paid-time-off). Otherwise you essentially work 6 days a week (sometimes 7), each shift being close to 8+ hours. So you're being worked as a full-time employee with no benefits, no health coverage, no PTO, and essentially you're treated as if you're disposable. People in the department are also paid more for doing the same job, so most new hires are paid 3$ less than the original amount. Advancement is based on favoritism and how much management enjoys you as a person on a personal level, not really how your skills may vary. It's very much a 'high school environment' with how childish things get on a daily basis regarding staff having beef with each other.

Great First Time

This a great first ever job or side hustle, the positions are easy, management are understanding and will hear you out in a time need!They only things I find that suck besides the pay is some on the younger workers that happens to be around my age how are constantly slacking off and not even chewed out if there caught there just asked by management to return back to there station and mostly the teens will comply.“MOSTLY” I hate as I’m out working in the burning sun I see fellow that are kids only a year younger than me just walking around the park and not doing there job. I’m sick of how they take advantage of the nice management and act like Sea World them self is just twirling around there finger.I plan on leaving this company late august and the only people I will miss are my classmates that happened to have summer jobs at sea world.I might miss some others but it’s hard to love something when it has so many small but definite flaws.

very disorganized

The company is very disorganized and management are hypocrites. A typical day at work consists of no breaks, facing Florida weather with little accommodation Management asks for things that simply cannot be done because of staffing issues.

Good mission terrible executives

The people believe in what they are doing. The executives are terrible. Lay offs and cut benefits. They didn’t even pay contribute to retirement. If you work here it should be 1-2 years and then move on to something better which is most places.

Pros

Free park admission

Cons

Senior leadership

Fun

It was a really fun place to work the people made it fun it is long work days and can be very stressful but to see the finished product in the smiles on peoples faces makes it worth it

Too Hot

It was fun, hard work. Just too many whinny teenagers that didn’t want to work, do their job but still get paid. Perks are good, get to go park Free, like the employee discounts and employees only events.

I enjoyed the job itself it’s a wonderful and beautiful place to work

I could never get promoted to full-time for whatever reason I applied several times to different positions above what I was doing but younger people were moved up and I was passed over but yet I loved the interaction with the people that I worked with I had great managers but it became too far to travel for a small amount of pay it was a shame because I did love my job

Great for the animals. Not so much for the humans!

I personally loved “working” at SeaWorld. The work was amazing. Being with animals and the public was amazing. The politics and back end work was almost to much to deal with.

Unorganized but chill

They changed my position like 3 times , first I was a GameHost then they changed it to Cashier in merchandise then they had me at culinary at a restaurant but other than that it’s pretty chill and nice anywhere you work beside culinary .

Great retail management!

I loved my job here in retail. Had really good management that would help when i needed a day off ASAP. Gave you pretty good breaks and sometimes free lunch. I would say the hours are pretty good but only if you wanna work part time!

Pros

Free lunches, Great Management

Common questions about SeaWorld

Answered by current and former employees at SeaWorld

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SeaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare SeaWorld with

• SeaWorld
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?