SeaWorld Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,585 reviews matching the search See all 1,636 reviews
Fun & Amusing
Culinary (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 21, 2018
Working for Busch Gardens & Water Country was always a trill! Clocking in knowing my day was going to be great was a good feeling. The mangers always made sure the workers & customers was always Satisfied!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short Breaks
organized and information keeping
Base of Operations Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
I worked in the Operations office for Aquatica at Seaworld San Antonio. I transfer calls for the park, log call-ins and tardies and relay those to zone managers. Document ride closures and durations, document lost children incidences and durations. Dispatch zone mangers to life guards requesting assistance using 10-codes on the two-way radio. All information and documentation is compiled to an end of day report that is emailed to all the directors of the park.
Pros
Air conditioned, refrigerator and microwave, my own desk space, out by 8:30pm
Cons
long commute to designated clock in machine, don't call out unless someone else covers, only 3 people in job.
Great Job For Teens and College Students
Photo Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
I work as a Seasonal Photo Ambassador and I think Sea World is good for those wanting work experience. But I don't think it's enough to live of off it
Pros
Discounts, friendly staff, park entrance is free, Cafe for only employees, amazing food for great price at the cafe
Great Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2018
Working for Seaworld has definitely taught me a lot. It's a very flexible job that works with your hours. The people that I have worked with had a great work ethic and are very personable so becoming good friends with the employees in your area is relatively easy, in my opinion. The park does get busy, especially on weekends, so I'm always up on my feet working on what needs to be done. On an everyday basis I'm always working on a register, directing guests or talking on a mic, depending on which shop I'm assigned to that day. Overall, working for Seaworld is a great experience.
You need motivation
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
In order to survive the heat. You’d need to stay constantly hydrated and always have the best attitude. Our leads always made Aquatica fun and it was greatly appreciated
Pros and cons
PART TIME EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Everything about the park itself is awesome but the company behind it is horrid. I had a terrible time communicating with management. I worked for them for one whole year and was not approved a vacation when I had more than enough sick hours.
Pros
Free lunch, Free tickets, Free admission, discounts
Cons
Rude management, immature management, childish team members
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Scanning products making sure the customers find everything they need dropping my larger amount of cash away stocking up my area you get to walk around
Fun place to work!
Games Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA 23185July 17, 2018
Good pay, fun environment, and a lot of hours. I worked during the summer so the biggest thing was to stay hydrated and take breaks which they usually helped us with.
Slightly stressful for some
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
They won't work with you if you miss a few days or decide to go to school in the summer. If you can't meet their needs then they don't need you. Good for a summer job for teens.
Pros
Complimentary tickets
Cons
Supervisors can be not the best of the bunch
Great company to work for
Park Operations Host/Hostess Admissions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
This company is great to work for and everyone is super nice and caring. Loved working for this company. They know how to entertain guests for sure and love putting a smile on everyone's face

Want to know more about SeaWorld?

Ask a question
Fun Place to Work
Park Operations Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Seaworld. I had to leave due to transportation issues, but I wish I could go back. There were great people and excellent training
No career advancement
HUSBANDRY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
This company pays horribly, lacks career advancement, does not give workers full time hours and no benefits. Sea World will be out of business very soon as it is not making a profit anymore.
Animal Wrangler/Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
good hours, great getting a chance to get experience with customers and getting to know new people even from over seas. its an awsome job all together.
Pros
great job
Cons
great job
Lots of tasks done in the heat with minimal pay
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2018
A typical day at Sea World would be serving customers nice cold beverages and flavored snacks. Lots of tasks are accomplished from a 12 hour shift to keep business going strong. Stocking items back and forth the whole park such as drink bottles, boxes of snacks, and alcohol bibs.
Pros
Half price lunches, family discounts
Cons
Pay was satisfactory towards the amount of work done. Short breaks
It was good here
Park Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for SeaWorld as a company, I feel what they are trying to do is a good thing and helping animals is always good. The job I performed was not a good fit for me as I have social anxiety disorder and this caused me a lot of daily stress do to guest interaction. Guests can be horrible people and do attack employees of any company if things do not go their way. I think I may have had a better experience with this company working in a different feels then the one I did. But over all it wasn't a bad company to work for and I would recommend it.
Excellent place to work
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
I worked in discovery point and it was excellent. It really matters which department you end up in, however. My job was great and fun, but I feel as if I was somewhere else, it would have been very miserable.
Fun to work at but could use more shade for employees and guest
San Antonio - Merchandise Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great place for a first time job, especially if you like SeaWorld's culture and the up coming of it as an amusement park. But one thing is that it gets hot when standing in the sun for long periods of time. For the most part its has great people to work with and has flexible hours to work with.
Pros
Free admission to all parks, free and discounted tickets
Cons
Long hours in the sun
Fun place to grow
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II/ SHADOW AGENT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
Sea World Call Center really is a fun place to work. Great discounts to the parks, for you, family and friends. Employee appreciation was found through various outings or activities provided on-site.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2018
I didn’t like my manager or store that I worked at so I’m not sure how it would be for anyone else.
As far as the friends I know at sea world, they really like it. I guess it was just my manager that made the experience terrible for me.
Place was ok. Wouldn’t recommend.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
First four years were fun. But then when the company was sold it turned to trash. The co workers were great. That’s about it. Otherwise the place is really wack.