Sebastian River Medical Center Employee Reviews

Administration is the problem.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLApril 20, 2018
There is a lack of sincerity coming from administration. They have reported to staff that they are doing everything to address lack of staffing issues, however we remain grossly understaffed. Throughout the departments we all experience the additional workloads caused by the staffing issues. There has been a huge decline in the moral of the employees, which in turn has caused many resignations with more to follow. Sebastian had been a great place to work up until the recent purchase by Steward. Administration spends more time beautifying the place for the Steward visitors than they do to ensure proper staff levels. Steward would have been better off if they had cut all the top positions out and brought in own people. This place needs a big change.
Office manager had a case of the mean girl attitude
Physicians office (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 6, 2018
The office manager was very mean. She was child like and treated co workers like it was a high school setting. Either you were he best friend or she would shun you u til she would make you cry.
Pros
The doctors were nice
Cons
The pay was minimal
No pay raises or advancement availble
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLFebruary 21, 2018
If there was an option of less than poor I would select it. This job has nothing to offer but a low pay check with no chance of advancement, no benefits with poor management.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Needs work but great people to work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLFebruary 18, 2018
It was very understaffed and we worked long hours. Sometimes the nurses didn’t help too much. Couldn’t really take days off because too many would call out or couldn’t take sick days for the same reason.
Fired with no reason
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I was let go for getting sick. I received treatment in their own ER and returned to work on the day the physician recommended, but still was let go. A contingency in the contract with the management company employing me to work there allowed me (or any contract employee) to be fired without reason being given, so they were able to legally get away with this.
Relaxed atmosphere
Acute Hemodialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Great, learn at your pace. Nice ICU atmosphere. Physicians are down to earth and essy to work with.ICU is definitely cream of the crop when it comes to teamwork
Pros
Someone always brings food
Cons
See above
Worked all shifts all departments
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 7, 2017
Enjoyed my years at arms. Started a a prn employee and eventually ended up working full-time. I have worked all 3 shifts and in the end worked on third shift.. terminated employment due to no longer being able to work the overnight hours
Pros
Great company, great coworkers
Cons
Pay and 3rd shift hours
It’s a nice job but the wrong bosses
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLOctober 30, 2017
I Been Working At Sebastian River hospital almost 1 year in I No How To (Strip and wax the floors) (Trash Tech) in even run linen up on the floors. But I’m all around when someone Doesn’t show up I’m here to take there place..
Pros
Walmart Gift Card..
Cons
30 minute Lunch Break
great experience in hospital setting
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLOctober 24, 2017
As a staff clinical pharmacist, I had the opportunity to be on the floors working closely with physicians and nurses as well as in the pharmacy performing central roles. With only a staff of two pharmacists, we handled everything that came through the doors, from ambulatory infusion to chemo, heart cath lab, ortho, and bariatric surgery services. Very dynamic environment and close-knit staff.
Pros
balanced work life. time for lunch and breaks. supportive director
Cons
challenging to meet upper management expectations
Sebastian River Medical Center
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST -PER DIEM (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLOctober 23, 2017
Awesome team to work with, difficult working with fluctuating census and forced ON CALL, good if you live withing 15 min for management demands. Only ONE Pulmonologist. ONE ICU and 2 Cath Labs ONE E.R staff is SO WARM!
Pros
Awesome therapists, knowledgeable and fun to work with, Workload light
Cons
forced on call
small lab
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLSeptember 9, 2017
I worked at Sebastian River medical center for 24 years. I worked on the second shift and was happy there. Only left because we wanted to move to Montana.
Due to change of management the company began to crumble.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLSeptember 3, 2017
Management always had trouble keeping workers due to no team work and overworking. In rare occasions you get a thank you. I wish they had better hours available instead of 12 hour shifts,
Great staff but poor management
Receptionist/Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 9, 2017
Promised annual pay increases that never come. A lot of promises that are made that never pan out. Understaffing the clinics and refusing to allow overtime. Underpaid compared to SEVERAL other companies and offices. Health insurance is costly for premiums and more costly to use. The employees must work here because they genuinely love to help people because there aren't many other reasons to stay.
Pros
The BEST and most caring staff around.
Cons
Numerous
Unfair Wages
Unit Secreatry/Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJune 4, 2017
Employees are under paid at this hospital. As long as the CEO, executive management, and the board get their money, the company doesn't care about the employees. The nursing Manager, is extremely rude and talks down and/or at the employees.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Underpaid, horrible benefits
Productive and Caring Staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLMay 15, 2017
I helped with the elderly care and I learned many new things such as ,"Bladder Scanning" and taking a foley out. I enjoyed getting to know my patients and talking to them everyday.
Pros
Discount Cafeteria Food
Cons
Short staffed sometimes
Productive and fun work place
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLApril 30, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sebastian River Medical Center. The staff are very welcoming to the students and provided excellent teaching during our time there.
A great place to work!
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMarch 11, 2017
I worked the 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm shift. The previous shift would update us on who is the Doctor on our shift, number of patients in emergency room and which ones that will most likely be admitted, who is still waiting to be seen and which ones are priority, who is the triage nurse (we had direct contact with her). We also had to collect copays (if any), and anything to apply to their bill if they did not have insurance. Management on our shift was non-existent. Workplace culture was every pleasant. No one was boss and everyone helped everyone when we were busy. I believe, the hardest part of our job was when the waiting room was super busy (especially in snow bird season) and keeping everyone happy. I loved that challenge. I worked very hard to keep everyone happy by keeping everyone updated on who is next and also, I was in constant communication with the triage nurse to let her know of anyone with serious symptoms that were occurring in the waiting room. I also had crayons and paper for the patients who come in with children. Too keep them happy as well. This might have been the hardest part of our job but I found it the most rewarding of all.
This is a stressful job and the floor I work on is not managed very well
Full Time License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 18, 2016
I enjoy taking care of sick patients but the management is not supportive at all. I have been employed here for many years and seen many changes, some good some not so good.
Pros
I enjoy the staff.
Cons
many cons
Former ER employee
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 3, 2016
Employees are awesome but manager and leads are the worst. Expect disrespect and confusion. The leads are not knowledgeable at all and the supervisor does not care. The hardest part of this job was getting wrote up for not being forceful in getting copayments from ER patients and also being talked down.
Pros
Employees are great, free drinks, barbeque every year just to say thanks.
Cons
Registration management is the worst, there system for collecting money is a rip off.
Charge nurse
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2016
preparing Infusion for chemotherapy patients, sickle cell, RA and numerous infusions. These where organized and scheduled so we always knew a head of time who the patients where. Hardest part of job was trying when a patient died, mostly for the remaining patients. I enjoyed this job more than any other job I have ever had, you bond with the patients and their families. I found this type of close nurse to patient care rewarding. As a charge nurse in this particular facility your duties are numerous from family and patient education to hospice coordination. Follow up daily and usually after hour patient calls, weekend call.
Pros
bonding with patinet
Cons
the office managment