SECOND LOOK INC logo

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

They do a lot for employee morale, like barbecues....

The pay not so great and there appeared to be a lot of employee turnover. The management was good and the President Ed was great and very accessible. Good people you worked with for the most part.

Pros

good management, bbq's and charitableevents.

Cons

Py and benefits

Great team

Was a very positive experience . Sad they are now out of business. It was a good part time gig. Everyone was very nice. Very supportive community environment.

December 30, 2020
sorry but i think you commented on the wrong company we are not in your location nor are we out of business

a good first job

Typical day at this company was going through files and sending them to subrogation team to review. I learned about how to use their software. It was a laid back workplace.

No flexability

Long commute, no ability to be flexible with hours. Small office of 7 and quick to write you up should you need a few hours extra for an appt that is needed for family.

July 15, 2019
Sorry we were not a good fit for you. Second Look works to accommodate all employees, your commute was excessive and probably should have been taken into consideration by you, before accepting the position.I do believe that was a discussion we had.As far as quick to write up I do not believe that was the caseYou are a very talented person and I am sure once you find a position that works for you great things will happen. I and everyone at Second Look wish you the best in finding a job that meets your expectations. Ed Jordan

What a wonderful, receptive, and growing company!

In any work place, you should never be doing the bare minimum if you EXPECT to be recognized or promoted. Having experience, following the rules, helping out, etc. may bring money to the table, however really anybody can do that. New people coming in, are helping to iron out the small daily conflicts and concerns, that way instead of constantly putting out small fires, were presenting our supervisor's with additional information to make THEIR lives easier, without a single expectation of getting something in return because its not their fault they don't know these things.. and retaining information you have that MAY bring in even a little extra every month, is incredibly unfruitful in my opinion for the simple fact, its an IMPOSSIBLE expectation you are placing on them when you talk AT them, instead of sharing mutual information. When you go into something with the mind set of benefiting from it personally, expect the same back.

Pros

Wonderful management, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

It gets pretty loud with the phones ringing all day and constant negotiations all around you..

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good place to learn collections, but not stay

This company could be run better. There is no real structure of the organization. They need to get on board with technology and collectable accounts.

Cons

You are given accounts that you will not be able to meet your goals and therefore, not be able to collect a commision.

Boring and strict

Stay away from that company !!! Run & don't apply !! Find something better !!! I believe they want everyone to be perfect !!! I'm thrilled that I found a better job than this !!!

August 20, 2018
Sorry you did not enjoy your time here at 2nd look. We do strive to do the best job possible for our clients and maintain only the highest quality employees to handle those account. It is unfortunate that you were not a good fit. Good luck in your future endeavors and your new employment opportunity. We wish you the best and are glad you are thrilled with your new position.

No annual pay raises or reviews

In 4 years at the Palm Harbor I received one pay raise which I had to ask for after my first year. New employees with no experience were being hired In at a higher salary, the manager refused to increase my pay even though I had more responsibilities then the new employees.. The office was very quiet and relaxed, management does not allow socializing or chit chat. Computers were out dated. No appreciation from management when you reach monthly goals, he even admitted he is never happy. Co workers were very nice, high turn over rate in the office. It is hard to go to work every day when you do not feel appreciated.

Pros

Quiet office

Cons

No appreciation from management, no annual pay increases

August 6, 2018
Sorry After 4 years we were not a good fit for you. We are very supportive of all our employees and maintain a close relationship with both current and former employees. Salaries and increases are based on assignment and abilities not solely on length of service. The New hires you refer to have come in with a much higher skill set. It is unfortunate you felt this way, we did all we could to be supportive of you during your time here including, changing your position and even inventing a new position for you. We wish you nothing but the best.

Busy office makes the day fly

Office environment is fun but very serious, all jobs are goal oriented. Management is helpful and understanding of employee needs. The hours are about the same as anywhere else for full time positions The most enjoyable part of the job is the people who make the day go by faster by engaging each other

Pros

Bbq's lunches laid back envoirment

Cons

Goal oriented jobs can be stressful at times

Exciting and Fun workplace

Workinhg at second look was fun. Everyone got alone well. We worked together with everything. No one was left out. I learned that i made all my customers happy. Also, to dye hair , perm, finger waves and etc. We had a great management team, they keep us together. When it was super busy and I had lots of heads to get done. Coming to work and making people look beautiful.

Cons

Short Breaks

Jobs at SECOND LOOK INC

See more jobs

Fun Place to Work

A great place to work with nice people and solid management. The big problem is there is not enough work, certainly not enough quality work to make a decent living since the commission structure is very, very low.

A great place for learning

Second look Inc. is a wonderful place to begin a career in subrogation. A very knowledgeable staff that will show you from start to finish how subrogation is applied and recovered.

Pros

On the job training

Cons

Lack of advancement

Productive position that provided the opportunity to learn and be challened

A typical day at work consisted of offering financial advise to customers, setting up payment plans, contacting insurance companies and providing insurance carriers. Collections were constant, and it was a quiet and proffessional environment. Management was understanding yet professional. My co-workers were friendly, and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job, was filing arbitration and winning cases. It was an overall friendly and comfortable work environment.

Pros

constant work available, as well as the ability to earn commissions
  • SECOND LOOK INC