SecurAmerica Employee Reviews

Former Floater Orlando Office
Floater, Orlando (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2019
As a floater I was in constant contact with the management office and was pretty much the go to guy, least one of. I was hospitalized in Oct 2018 and as I was in ICU with multiple wires and ivs stuck in me I was contacted to work. I had to refuse. never called to ask how I was doing, if I was out of the hospital, just silence. I asked them to send in some paperwork required by the state agencies for assistance. After a week, I texted them and was told to contact another office person. In a weeks time they couldn't forward my request literally one office over. If you can work you're golden, if not you are kicked to the curb. I quit after waiting around for two months, during that time only ONE person asked how I was doing and that was on the day I quit.
Pros
easy posts
Cons
heartless management
Management sucks
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I’m a current employee , management is terrible and they do not communicate with you. there will be a negative impact as far as talking to management about hours, payroll, schedule etc.
Not too bad
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20191February 8, 2019
I would recommend because they have decent to good job sites. The work environment is pretty low key and relaxed. I wish they would increase your pay every six months though.
Worst security company that I have worked for.
security guard (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAFebruary 1, 2019
If you want to come to work late or do a no call no show, then by all means this is the place to work. They don't seem to care. We had to have employees go through a metal detector when coming to work and when leaving the building, but we were told not to do a thorough check of their lunch bags and hand bags because it takes too long.
A large number of employees do not speak or understand English so it was hard to communicate with them.
Pros
Cons
see review
Management is terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2019
From the Director at my site to the account manager even to the HR department its like no one knows what they are doing. and instead of fixing issues they sweep it under the rug until it gets out of control and then it to late. Instead of working with the security staff it all about the dollar not the team just them being yes men. Hands down the most incompetent management in my 14yrs of my career in security
Hot Mess
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 25, 2019
The job was cool at first but once they were “settled” that’s when stuff started to happen like payroll issues EVERY pay period management sucks HR don’t do a darn thing to fix the issues employees be having they don’t know how to communicate they ask for our feedback but don’t actually take what was said into consideration.. they’re inconsiderate they won’t let you know about your relief not showing up until an hour before your shift ends.. I worked desk/lobby which was gravy (easy) but if u don’t like being bored and/or sitting at a post for 8+ hours without entertainment then this position isn’t for you especially 1st and 2nd shifts.. it’s A LOT of butt kissing going on SecurAmerica downtown Detroit is short staffed like crazy but yet they’re firing everybody and people are actually quitting because of all the mess that’s not being improved.. I knew I should’ve followed my first mind and stayed with securitas because securamerica is not where it’s at
Pros
Take your own breaks, easy money
Cons
Lack of communication with management, reliefs don’t show up on time if at all, 4-6 hour holds, payroll discrepancies
Non communicating
Receptionist Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2019
Horrible communication and terrible payroll practices. There's a constant pointing of the finger when it comes to screw ups in the office. If I hadn't liked the people I worked with I'd be gone already.
check in guest, answer and question
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Checking in guests, gate condition, proper ids. Answer any questions about the location of the street in the complex. Contact residents is there is no guest list.
Very family oriented
Garage officer Detroit MI (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Can work many hours you want they always give you overtime plus get paid on Holliday's Don't have to wait your 6 months or to a year. Great benefits..
Pros
Take your own breaks
Not a fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 9, 2019
Its a nice place to work but the pay is not enough and no benefits director need to know to talk to individual and they are always cutting hours.And he donot need to talk about indiviual.
Pros
No free meals
Cons
No health care
Quality depends on site
Concierge/Security (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2019
Some sites are really good some are horrible, it is all about who is managing. I would stay away from any site that makes you feel uncomfortable, the company will transfer you if requested.
Pros
union sites
Cons
not all managers are created equal
I Have nothing to say
CONCIERGE/SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
I work I get paid I like the people I work with on different sites and I go home and sleep pretty simple everyday same situation. You make the best of what you do in life
Great company to work for depending on your job site.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
I've been with the company for almost a year. I have seen security officers come and go the if you work at a gates post the shift is 12. There is a bunch of favoritism throughout sites.
They wont last in detroit long
EMT officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 26, 2018
The mangment there are braindead. They dont communicate with their workers and they have a average of 40 pay descriptincies a pay period. They will mess up your money and they are very slow to fix it. The emt lead is a joke and was promoted due to his but licking ablities. The job itself is not stressfull or diffcult at all but when you interact with mangment. Lets just say its never a postive interaction
Pros
Easy job for a emt
Cons
Pay issues, parking is 2 miles away from job site, bad mangment
wait for the union to take effect before applying
emt officer (Former Employee) –  everywhereDecember 26, 2018
poor management. nothing about this company works they came to the downtown area and they will be leaving soon. they will not pay you correctly and make you feel like its your fault for them not paying you
achievers
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 19, 2018
achievers and productive
clients nd staff oriented and maximum satisfaction
the managenet staff are friendly and approachable and listen to both staff and client complain and suggestion with immediate necessary acctions
Pros
good to work with
Cons
mone to my knowledge
Would not recomend working here
Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2018
Would not recomend working here. Inconsistant hours, poor management, no respect. No one to talk to when you have an issue, make you feel very uncomfortable to bring up any issues. When you ask for a new sight due to the main office knowing the site is out of control, they still do not help support your needs with a supporter schedule and comfortable environment.
Pros
You get a paycheck if you work
Favorite Job
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2018
I have worked for this company no longer than a year and i have already been promoted twice. They acknowledge your hard work and show you you are appreciated by the company.
Not a good place to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 17, 2018
Very difficult Management Team

Schedule unfair and Favoritism prevailed at all times.

Poor Schedule Practices.

Supervisors were difficult to talk to and very unfair in treating Employees.
Pros
Nothing good about it
Cons
Schedule
Everyday workplace duties
gave outstanding customer service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
Assist with badge access, monitoring secure, making sure the property is safe and secure, and patrolling throughout the building for leaks and busted lights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SecurAmerica. Our community is ready to answer.