Securatex Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

N/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2019
Good posts to work good managers decently paid for work done. Some post were really fun and people too, most of the time they listen to your concerns about days off needed,. Getting them was a 50/50 chance so home and work was sometimes a challenge, but all and all I would work for them again.
Pros
Good pay, extra hours when needed friendly staff
Cons
No mobile patrol, if a call off you can get stuck extra shifts
Worse company ever
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2019
This is the worst excuse of a company I have ever worked for. They do not value good work and continuously reinforce the fact that they are only placing officers there to bill the client. They lie and make false promises to benefit themselves and will not pay competitive wages to officers. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Cons
No direct deposit; bad management; bad work environment
Company sucks! I worked there was falsely accused of something I didn’t do and then got fired. Our break room at the location I worked had bugs, t
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2019
Don’t work here!! I’m begging you!! They are unprofessional and really don’t care about there employees at all. They throw you in yo site not letting you know what you are getting yourself into.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!! Run!!
This Company and the job I do for Securatex is Great! It's flexible and your Manager and Rover Guards works well with you to accomplish your job well.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  651 W. Washington Blvd. Unit 105 Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy my job and the hours my manager gives me and I do my best to work well and get along with others. Securatex is a great place to work! Join Us.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere and Diverse People!
Cons
Do A Job Well Done!
Productive Place To Work and Grow.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and stressful, but maintainable when trained properly and knowing what you are actually doing to perform your job.
Pros
Ongoing training and pass downs.
Cons
Learning to work well with employees at other sites you're securing.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
Nice place to work, no stress,always pleasent , would prefer a better wage , very nice work environment, tenants are nice, buildings are very nice, no, complaints
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
No Holliday pay
its cool
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
its a security company in Chicago. nothing more nothing less. there all kinda wack at more best. your not going to get rich but you can at least pay you bills.
Poor Management
Security Officer/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
Company is ALWAYS hiring but does not provide enough hours to current staff. Promotions are due to favoritism and connections within the company not due to skills. This company pays the minimum but request you to do the maximum.
Pros
Close to home/ Easy to get to in public trasportation
Cons
no benifits, need more hours
You meet alot of people and it is a creative and communtive job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
You have to have alot of patients cause your going to be dealing witb alot of different personalities and atitudes. But its a relaxing setting where you can get you work done witha clear head.
Worst security company to work for
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60661February 26, 2018
Supervisor never answer there phone.
They over work you.
You dont get a steady spot to work.
You pay for your uniforms and if you return it it you dont get half of your money back.
Great Part Time Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Great part time job opportunities, have worked with them while attending college, they have been more than flexible with me. Office staff is friendly.
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Don't waste your time with this company securatex is very unorganized with a lack of upper management surpervisors and guards quit on a weekly basis and the scheduling is ridiculous
Uncomfortable
Executive Assistant for Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
The staff isn't on the same page. Some want to help the guards as much as they can, while others don't give them a second chance when they might've missed signing a form or something.
Productive work place
Security officer-Site (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
In my opinion, this facility provided me with a stable income and enhanced my skills in security. I would recommend this facility as a excellent work place.
Pros
Pleasant atmospher to work in
Just Stay Away
Floater (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
It started with 1 lie they told & then continued with several more lies.... No direct deposit so you have to go pick up your check.... They cheat you on pay & hours..... No benefits, No holiday pay, No lunchbreaks your encouraged to bring your lunch to eat on site in front of clients & general public.... No room for advancement.... They will tell you that there's No hours available for work, because in reality they hired people for your hours & paying those people at lower pay grades
Daily Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
I opened the college so the staff and students could enter. I would arrive one half hour early open all the classes in the school and turn on all the electricity in the building. Then Open the school and start checking identification and watching cctv and closing the school sometimes
I also did vehicle patrol for the theatre.
Securatex
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Securatex is a nice company to work for. I really enjoyed working with fellow security officers and the roaming supervisor was a great supervisor, he would check up on you at various times to see if you are alright or have any problems. They really do their best to try to make you feel welcome to the company.
Pros
i received a nice Christmas gift from one site that I worked at.
Short
DATA CENTER SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2016
Had a good training class. After training I did not have to wait to get place on a assignment I was sent to my location within the next day. .

Supervisors are really nice! - I like the professional work environment
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Not enough working hours
Have more days off then I work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2016
job is for more 18 or 19 year old im not gettin 40 hours plus and i get more days off then i go to work i been with them almost a year no calls off and do over time and be a good worker just dont like the way they operate in general they service sucks
Fair and good company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
This company put me in a very nice site where I was very happy. They work hard to take are of their people. Unfortunately, they lost the contract to the site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securatex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight