Securatex Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Company sucks! I worked there was falsely accused of something I didn’t do and then got fired. Our break room at the location I worked had bugs, t
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2019
Don’t work here!! I’m begging you!! They are unprofessional and really don’t care about there employees at all. They throw you in yo site not letting you know what you are getting yourself into.
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!! Run!!
No good
Security Officer Unarmed (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Over worked if someone calls off your doing 16 hours days no relief officers if you call off or your relief calls off your screwed they expect you to stay on post for 16 hours
Pros
Cons
New job
Unprofessional and lazy management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,INNovember 1, 2018
Only reccomend this job if you are going to college. They cut your hours and also take away pay. The operation manager doesnt pick up the phone and can only be reached through email or text. They treat the clients poorly and they dont uphold their own uniform standards. Their patrol vechicle needs maintance and the Chicago office refuses to send the funds to fix it. If people complain enough they can take your hours even though theyve been caught sleeping multiple times on site. The only good thing i have to say about this company is that the people you work with can be pretty cool.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
There is to many to list
Hospital Security Officer
Part time Hospital security officer hospital (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village / Hoffman Estates, IL/ ElginOctober 25, 2018
Hospital security is full of risks from injuries dealing with combative patients, visitors and occasionally even employees. You risk being slapped , punched, kicked, scratched , bitten , or spat at. You will be in close contact with persons infected with any number of virus;s and bacterial infections which can be transmitted to you. Contract security is treated like dirt in hospitals as they know you are totally disposable for little or no reason. You will be compelled to stay 12 to 16 hrs due to call off's
Pros
Cons
it is a job
Hospital Security Officer
Part Time Hospital Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates , Elk Grove Vil, Elgin & AuroraOctober 22, 2018
$15 a hour and no real benefits to speak , for the risks of this position at hospitals which have inhouse staffs and you are a slave, you will be placed on patient watches of individuals influenced by drugs or alcohol with the potential of being infected with HIV , TB , drug resistant TB , Hepatitis A, B or C ,and AIDS along with a myrid of other infections and virus's.
These same individuals will punch,kick, slap and scratch you.They also will throw feces and urine at you , they will pull hair and beards. For the money offered with little or no advancement potential it is simply not worth the risks. You will have to deal with indifferent staff as well as potentially abusive visitors and relatives of patients. You may have to deal with deceased individuals who passed away from any of the above issues.
Pros
slightly higher wages
Cons
Everything do to the potential for violence
This Company and the job I do for Securatex is Great! It's flexible and your Manager and Rover Guards works well with you to accomplish your job well.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  651 W. Washington Blvd. Unit 105 Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
I enjoy my job and the hours my manager gives me and I do my best to work well and get along with others. Securatex is a great place to work! Join Us.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere and Diverse People!
Cons
Do A Job Well Done!
Productive Place To Work and Grow.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and stressful, but maintainable when trained properly and knowing what you are actually doing to perform your job.
Pros
Ongoing training and pass downs.
Cons
Learning to work well with employees at other sites you're securing.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2018
Nice place to work, no stress,always pleasent , would prefer a better wage , very nice work environment, tenants are nice, buildings are very nice, no, complaints
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
No Holliday pay
Productive and fun place to work at
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 12, 2018
Learned how to deal with attitudes and emotion
You meet new people.tgey help you take different courses to get the necessary certificates you need.
Overall good company to work for
Poor Management
Security Officer/ Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
Company is ALWAYS hiring but does not provide enough hours to current staff. Promotions are due to favoritism and connections within the company not due to skills. This company pays the minimum but request you to do the maximum.
Pros
Close to home/ Easy to get to in public trasportation
Cons
no benifits, need more hours
You meet alot of people and it is a creative and communtive job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
You have to have alot of patients cause your going to be dealing witb alot of different personalities and atitudes. But its a relaxing setting where you can get you work done witha clear head.
Worst security company to work for
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60661February 26, 2018
Supervisor never answer there phone.
They over work you.
You dont get a steady spot to work.
You pay for your uniforms and if you return it it you dont get half of your money back.
Great Part Time Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Great part time job opportunities, have worked with them while attending college, they have been more than flexible with me. Office staff is friendly.
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Don't waste your time with this company securatex is very unorganized with a lack of upper management surpervisors and guards quit on a weekly basis and the scheduling is ridiculous
Great company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hoosier lotteryDecember 11, 2017
This company has treated me with respect and dignity. Supervision has always worked around my schedule and provided me with jobs that I can perform.im currently working 40 hours per week and the pay is in line or above other security company’s that I’ve worked for. Supervision has always provided me time off when requested. I have no complaints with fellow employees or supervision. I love my job. I would recommend this company to any employer that needs security work performed.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Non
Productive work place
Security officer-Site (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
In my opinion, this facility provided me with a stable income and enhanced my skills in security. I would recommend this facility as a excellent work place.
Pros
Pleasant atmospher to work in
n/a
security officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 12, 2017
i learn how to patrolled and monitored screen.how to follow the rules to make the client happy and safe and also how to keep the customer and the building safe
Securatex
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Securatex is a nice company to work for. I really enjoyed working with fellow security officers and the roaming supervisor was a great supervisor, he would check up on you at various times to see if you are alright or have any problems. They really do their best to try to make you feel welcome to the company.
Pros
i received a nice Christmas gift from one site that I worked at.
Short
DATA CENTER SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2016
Had a good training class. After training I did not have to wait to get place on a assignment I was sent to my location within the next day. .

Supervisors are really nice! - I like the professional work environment
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Not enough working hours
Se
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2016
Monitored the safety of the customers as they came and went.
My co-workers were friendly. Management was hands on. The hardest part of the job was patrolling in the dark without a weapon. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure everyone was safe.
Pros
Safety mattered
Cons
Dark and no weapon. Put all at risk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securatex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight