Securatex Employee Reviews

Current employee till last night march2016
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 19, 2017
Management sucks can never get relieved on time or at all. Operations management need to learn their jobs because it there responceably to find relieved not the officers.Management will talk nice in front of you but then back stab you when you leave.This is a company I would love to see go down the river and not return. The labor board need to really look into this company.They work there guards 16hr shifts which I know is illegal. Maybe the state needs to look into them also.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No relief Managment sucks
Not family friendly
Corrections Officer at DuVall Residential (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
This company although pays well, does not give much time for a home or family life. Management tends to be rude and does not understand that people have families.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Rude management
Se
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2016
Monitored the safety of the customers as they came and went.
My co-workers were friendly. Management was hands on. The hardest part of the job was patrolling in the dark without a weapon. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure everyone was safe.
Pros
Safety mattered
Cons
Dark and no weapon. Put all at risk
Refuse to hire Securatex and/or to work for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILDecember 4, 2016
Refuse to hire Securatex and/or to work for them; they mistreat people, harass them, and immorally fire them for worthless and petty reasons at the drop of a hat
Have more days off then I work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2016
job is for more 18 or 19 year old im not gettin 40 hours plus and i get more days off then i go to work i been with them almost a year no calls off and do over time and be a good worker just dont like the way they operate in general they service sucks
Fair and good company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2016
This company put me in a very nice site where I was very happy. They work hard to take are of their people. Unfortunately, they lost the contract to the site.
No words of how horrible this company is
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2016
This company is the reason why I got put out of my apartment I been here for almost two years and they haven't gave me a raise or a full time position I wish I could go back in time and just wait before working wit just any company they promise u work and everything else but news flash u will be waiting a very long time while the management is getting the most money horrible company they only for them selves
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lousy pay, benefits, bad sites, no Communication overall everything
I liked the job
security guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2016
This job was fun and interesting. I got to learn and experience a lot that I didn't know. My Boss was okay. But, the job itself was awesome even the pay was good
Protecting and securing buildings
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2015
On a typical day I secure a building escort clients inside building. Make detail and visual patrols. Log all the information on a daily log report.
Pros
plenty of down time for studying
Cons
contract employee
Great place to work if you want to continue your education
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL.March 31, 2015
All that I can say about this company is that they work with you while you're attending school. Most of they're site are one-man post, which is great for studying.
Pros
Great place to work while in school.
Cons
One- Man Posts
postive work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,IndianaDecember 23, 2014
My typical day would a sign my people in there position.Count drawers. Do all morning drops and open store for the day.Help deal with complaints or return. Watch my labor an assist when needed
good pay, various different available positions
Uniformed security/correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2014
I did various security jobs for Securitex, including corrections. There were many different positions available.
Pros
various positions available
Cons
no advancement opportunities, poor communication
Poor Management and Lack of Communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
This is a overall revolving door for managers and security officers. Management does not provide a solid relationship with officers and lack extreme communication skills. Their hourly wages are horrible and health benefits are a joke. This company needs major improvements in order to satisfy employees!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, Health benefits
OK for someone who does not have a family to support
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
Applied for full-time but so far has only been offered part-time work at a downtown building under going construction and a condo building on weekends.
Pros
Immediate supervisor is nice and professional
Cons
Not really offering the full-time work as advertised, no health benefits
fair company to work with
IDOA Homeland Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2014
the accounts they had where for most part decently staffed and ran correctly. The lose of two key accounts they had when I was with them lead to me seeking other employment
Security Consultant
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 13, 2014
This information will be discussed with prospective during the employment process.
Untapped potential, masked by frenzied leadership
Former employee (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 11, 2013
Securatex is a decent security company, that with maturing could be a major local firm and possibly national. Securatex' team has all the potential in the world, however, their execution does not currently represent that. The upper brass of this company is fixated on gaining new 'cold' business and totally neglect quality control and client relations... the art of retaining business and building new business from within. Securatex' management team are genuinely great people, however they are in no way the most intelligent bunch when it comes to growing and maintaining business and providing a security service. They do have the experience, but their priorities are more than skewed.

All in all if you are a guard, you have the best position in the world if you like coasting... You have to be dumb to get fired as an officer as there are rarely site inspections and levels of holding you accountable ... you very well just need to be breathing to survive at the officer level. Low-mid level managers also have tons of freedom, that is until something is wrong and it is now time to play a never ending game of 'who dun it?' No body in the company's upper management will ever admit of wrong doing, so be prepared to be under a bus often.

At this point in time I would recommend Securatex to a job seeker, but would not urge them into making a home of the place... not now at least.
Pros
Offers benefits, truly ambitious staff
Cons
management theories, overall supervision, revolving door of managers
Poor organization from the top down...
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
I worked for them for over a year and in that time I experienced the turn over of several upper level managers. Each succeeding manager asked for time to evaluate but made no substantial changes to changes to a weak leadership structure.

Management and administrators look down on officers and are not honest with them. They choose seniority over fitness for duty, performance and skill.

Management unresponsive and covers for the unsatisfactory conduct of their site supervisors. Poor Work/Life Balance philosophy resulting in turnover of higher quality officers and problems recruiting. Further, when it is clear that they have made mistakes, unwilling to admit errors or make fair adjustments for officers.
Pros
Higher pay than many firms, some armed sites.
Cons
Very poor dysfunctional leadership structure, nonreactive to legitimate requests from officers.
Great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 22, 2013
Securatex was very helpful with my school schedule....the managers make you feel like your family.
Pros
smaller company
Cons
smaller company
Securatex - A HUGE step above the rest
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
I have worked for Securatex for 3 years. They have consistently shown concern for their officers and Site Supervisors. Securatex keeps their Officers well trained and up to date on procedures.

I have worked for other Security Firms, they pale in comparison. Securatex understands what it takes to maintain a well trained, dependable staff. HR and Management are always available-total open door policy.
Pros
company believes in promoting from within

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securatex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight