Securatex Employee Reviews

I liked the job
security guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2016
This job was fun and interesting. I got to learn and experience a lot that I didn't know. My Boss was okay. But, the job itself was awesome even the pay was good
Correctional Officer
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
Safety and Security of the facility, the public and the safety of the Inmates in custody. It was long hours. It could be dangerous.
If your looking to just get by and become just a person then you will feel right at home here
security officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 16, 2015
No pay increase the management is horrible always a turnover with staff I've worked I thought for worse security company before but this place takes 1st place !!
Pros
If you want a dead end job then this is the place for you
Cons
When you leave this company
Protecting and securing buildings
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2015
On a typical day I secure a building escort clients inside building. Make detail and visual patrols. Log all the information on a daily log report.
Pros
plenty of down time for studying
Cons
contract employee
Great place to work if you want to continue your education
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL.March 31, 2015
All that I can say about this company is that they work with you while you're attending school. Most of they're site are one-man post, which is great for studying.
Pros
Great place to work while in school.
Cons
One- Man Posts
postive work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,IndianaDecember 23, 2014
My typical day would a sign my people in there position.Count drawers. Do all morning drops and open store for the day.Help deal with complaints or return. Watch my labor an assist when needed
good pay, various different available positions
Uniformed security/correctional officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2014
I did various security jobs for Securitex, including corrections. There were many different positions available.
Pros
various positions available
Cons
no advancement opportunities, poor communication
Poor Management and Lack of Communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
This is a overall revolving door for managers and security officers. Management does not provide a solid relationship with officers and lack extreme communication skills. Their hourly wages are horrible and health benefits are a joke. This company needs major improvements in order to satisfy employees!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, Health benefits
OK for someone who does not have a family to support
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2014
Applied for full-time but so far has only been offered part-time work at a downtown building under going construction and a condo building on weekends.
Pros
Immediate supervisor is nice and professional
Cons
Not really offering the full-time work as advertised, no health benefits
fair company to work with
IDOA Homeland Security Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2014
the accounts they had where for most part decently staffed and ran correctly. The lose of two key accounts they had when I was with them lead to me seeking other employment
Security Consultant
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 13, 2014
This information will be discussed with prospective during the employment process.
Untapped potential, masked by frenzied leadership
Former employee (Former Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 11, 2013
Securatex is a decent security company, that with maturing could be a major local firm and possibly national. Securatex' team has all the potential in the world, however, their execution does not currently represent that. The upper brass of this company is fixated on gaining new 'cold' business and totally neglect quality control and client relations... the art of retaining business and building new business from within. Securatex' management team are genuinely great people, however they are in no way the most intelligent bunch when it comes to growing and maintaining business and providing a security service. They do have the experience, but their priorities are more than skewed.

All in all if you are a guard, you have the best position in the world if you like coasting... You have to be dumb to get fired as an officer as there are rarely site inspections and levels of holding you accountable ... you very well just need to be breathing to survive at the officer level. Low-mid level managers also have tons of freedom, that is until something is wrong and it is now time to play a never ending game of 'who dun it?' No body in the company's upper management will ever admit of wrong doing, so be prepared to be under a bus often.

At this point in time I would recommend Securatex to a job seeker, but would not urge them into making a home of the place... not now at least.
Pros
Offers benefits, truly ambitious staff
Cons
management theories, overall supervision, revolving door of managers
Poor organization from the top down...
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
I worked for them for over a year and in that time I experienced the turn over of several upper level managers. Each succeeding manager asked for time to evaluate but made no substantial changes to changes to a weak leadership structure.

Management and administrators look down on officers and are not honest with them. They choose seniority over fitness for duty, performance and skill.

Management unresponsive and covers for the unsatisfactory conduct of their site supervisors. Poor Work/Life Balance philosophy resulting in turnover of higher quality officers and problems recruiting. Further, when it is clear that they have made mistakes, unwilling to admit errors or make fair adjustments for officers.
Pros
Higher pay than many firms, some armed sites.
Cons
Very poor dysfunctional leadership structure, nonreactive to legitimate requests from officers.
Great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 22, 2013
Securatex was very helpful with my school schedule....the managers make you feel like your family.
Pros
smaller company
Cons
smaller company
Securatex - A HUGE step above the rest
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
I have worked for Securatex for 3 years. They have consistently shown concern for their officers and Site Supervisors. Securatex keeps their Officers well trained and up to date on procedures.

I have worked for other Security Firms, they pale in comparison. Securatex understands what it takes to maintain a well trained, dependable staff. HR and Management are always available-total open door policy.
Pros
company believes in promoting from within
Securatex is a company that rewards talent and fosters a creative approach towards security management.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook TerraceJanuary 18, 2013
Having moved up the ranks from working as a security officer to various management positions throughout the company I can say that this company rewards hard work and perseverance. My co-workers are engaged and energetic.
Pros
good benefits, great growth opportunities.
Great work place
Security (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2013
Job site is great, treated well, management is responsive to your needs and they care about you, training is very good, hignly recommend it.
they suck
security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2012
bad benefits cheap pay and unorangize no pay rises hard to talk to mangenement only good thing is lots of ot.
Wasnt Professional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2012
This job was boring and unprofessional. I had to go through shift changing all the time. Not enough hours. Poor mangement
Pros
eat on the job
Cons
poor mangement
security the place
Securityofficer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2012
sign in walk around the store watch the people so they want take anything .then sit behind the desk make sure they sign in make sure the store is lock up and manger get to there cars.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securatex. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight