Secure Energy Services Employee Reviews

By far the most professinal co. I have worked for.
Fluid Engineer (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 28, 2018
Good pay, friendly office staff that would help you with paperwork. The support network was second to none. This company seemed to have the structure to support to exceed your pontential.
Pros
The support
Cons
Not a one
Family Company
Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 11, 2018
Safe Working Conditions. Good Safety record. Good Benefits. Working in Canada. Company that cares for the environment. Good team work. Good office Suport.
Pros
All Pros
Cons
No Cons
Great place to work with family atmosphere
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 28, 2018
Great work environment with Safety being The number one factor, One the best companies i have worked for with many promotions coming from within. Hard work and drive can get you places.
Pros
Good employer
Great stepping stone job
Facility Operator (Former Employee) –  North DakotaOctober 29, 2017
Fast pace work environment. This company just wants more from its employees well they give you less. You can have 2 - 4 years experience and you will be making the same hourly wage as the new guy your training. There are zero incentives. Management is a joke. The managers and leads get those positions because of who they know not what they know. Overall if this is your first oil patch job take it for 6 - 12 months and learn what you can then move on. There are to many good paying jobs in North Dakota so there is no reason to work for a cheap, cutthroat company like this.
Pros
7 on 7 off schedule
Cons
No overtime, No advancement, No incentives, Very cheap company
Secure Energy
Operator (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NDSeptember 21, 2017
Secure is a good place to work if you can / do work. There is a lot to know and lots of valves and pumps that you have to know what they do. You work 12 hours a day min but we work 1 week on 1 week off so you get a good balance with personal life especially if you don't live in North Dakota. We have 2 leads with a combined life of 44 years. You get very dirty on a daily basis and I walk/run on average 13000 Steps a day and around 300 flights of stairs a week. Pros and CONs good pay however they took away our OT with inventive scheduling we work 7 12 hour days and get 4 hours of OT instead of 44 hours we should. Ok benefits. Life insurance. Working with things that a dangerous such as H2S, Benzene and oil slop
Pros
pay and working week on week off
Cons
no OT and substandard leads
Pass this company up
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  north dakotaSeptember 15, 2017
Business is booming and has been because they handle production water and waste. Expect them to continue taking from employees. We've experienced cuts in pay, in benefits, poor schedule, overtime taken away, no advancement, poor management, no bonuses, no housing although some guys are grandfathered in and do get it. A greedy company with no ethical standards, low moral, high turnover.
Pros
hotdogs always on the roller, get to take our guns to work
Cons
almost everything else
Think Twice
Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, ND 13Mile FSTSeptember 2, 2017
It's nice to get every other week off. You work 84 hours Wed- Tuesday with only 8 hours of that being overtime. As they have your start week in the middle of their pay week. There is no 401K. No room for advancement. Management likes to hire friends. There is no pay raises, no yearly reviews.
Pros
Co workers are nice
A stepping stone
Operator (Former Employee) –  Keene, NDJune 13, 2017
Which is a stepping stone oil field job. However, as far as stepping stone jobs go, this is a great one . Steady reliable hours. Decent pay. and you will learn oil field stuff.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No work truck
Self responsibility work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDDecember 3, 2016
I have worked at Secure Energy Services before for 1Y/8M it is an exceptional work place higher management easy to talk to good schedule good health insurance. Fair pay for position as operator
Pros
Meet alot of ppl keep good customers freindly work place
Cons
No scheduled lunch breaks
Great Company
IT US Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2016
I miss working for Secure Energy services, They had great management, IT team was fantastic, employees were like a family. I couldn't of asked for a better company. Unfortunately the industry was the only down fall for them. I would go back any day!

Want to know more about Secure Energy Services?

Ask a question
Excellent Company
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  WillistonSeptember 29, 2015
Management and co-workers are great to work with. Great environment. They provide classes for professional advancement. Salaries are competitive, they like to hire from within and give opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
1/2 paid fitness benefits, in-office gym, fun atmosphere, opportunity to advance
Cons
no vision coverage
great place to work.
Solids control technician/service technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2015
great place to work with various opportunities. always took care of employee wants and needs within limitation. overall very satisfied with my experience there.
The most rewarding Company I have worked for.
Lead Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Keene, NDJune 5, 2015
Secure Energy Services is a Canadian based company that is highly professional, employee oriented and truly does what it takes to keep the customer base that it has obtained stable and concrete.

Since we were in the oil industry our days were very high volume; sometimes processing truck tickets for 150 trucks within a 24 hour period. This included verifying all wells and all the information provided by the driver, information that was inaccurate would need to be re-verified through the State of ND. Once verified and accurate this information was entered into the database used for billing purposes.

Management was wonderful; I had the opportunity to visit an Administrative conference in Calgary, Canada where the owners each gave presentations of their own; disclosing information on how Secure Energy began and where there were going in the future...

I worked with some of the greatest people in the industry; the most rewarding was the professionalism each of my co-workers conveyed to each and everyone.

I did not consider anything hard about my position; it was a nice challenge for an industry that I knew nothing about.

The most enjoyable part about the job was going to work everyday and learning something new...
Pros
Annual 10% bonus depending on how well the Company did.
Cons
The dangerous drive as it was a great distance and not so well developed roads.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Williston, NdMay 10, 2015
Advancement opportunities. Good work environment. Good starting wage. Great management. Must be able to handle long work days, and enduring temperatures.
Fun place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 26, 2014
A good company to work for. However a lot of promises are made and not followed through with
Pros
Pay, co-workers are nice
Cons
No housing, empty promises