Securis

Working at Securis: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

coreteamcompanyemployeeplacepeoplemanagementgreat

Excellent place of employment

The company really has a family feel where everyone is kind and friendly to each other. There is a deep root of collaboration and support for each other. I love that the management team truly understands that challenging things take place throughout life and this may result in less of a focus on your work-- and that is ok! Truly loving my time working here.

Ease work place

All the employees are very helpful and approachable. Like the fact, how the PRESIDENT tries to follow the Purpose of the company. Still a lot of scope to improve on policies and benefits.

Pros

Your work and contributions are valued and appreciated.

Cons

PTO's are very less.

Securis insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

It's amazing to watch how the IT equipment/Electronics get recycled in front of you.

I love to work at this organization.The CEO and colleagues are humble, respectful, caring and professional.Each and every day I learn new things which are helping me to gain my knowledge in my field. I feel proud to say that I work at Securis.The work-life balance is amazing.They have amazing core values.and it's been only 2 months in this organization for me and I totally see they truly follow their Core Values.I see myself growing in these 2 months and would hope to grow more in coming days in Securis.No organization is perfect. People who work here make it perfect. And I am one of them here.

Pros

I really enjoy work-life balance here. Approachable management Team

Cons

I wish we could have at-least 3 weeks of PTO

Securis is an outstanding company and place to work!

The company's purpose and core values are what attracted me to Securis. "To serve employees, customers, and vendors like Christ served his people." I have never seen this at any other company before. It is wonderful! The employees are hardworking, kind and very helpful. There are many opportunities for professional growth and learning.

Pros

Really enjoy the work-life harmony at Securis.

Amazing place to work !!

Securis has an amazing work culture and is very serious about their focus on core values and tries to design it into everything they do here. Management believes in empowering people and in giving them second chances. Various departments and even individual employees collaborate well with each other making it a vibrant place to work. Last but not the least, it's probably the only company driven by Christian values in the northern virginia area.I would like to conclude by saying that I do not agree with the few negative reviews on this page as I am well aware that they are from employees that were not aligned with our core focus and core values and hence couldn't continue in this place. I hope they find comfort and solace in their life by God's grace.

Pros

Friendly Environment, Approachable Management Team, Focus on Core Values

Cons

N/a

Nice place to work at with a GREAT core Values .

SECURIS is the place where:-You can GROW up and go to a next level.-They CARES about having a work-life balance.-They RESPECT your cultures and learn from it.-They Totally VALUE your efforts and hard work.-You can discuss your ideas and thoughts without been afraid.-You are CONTRIBUTING for a better environmental-friendly world.Securis is my home, my big family, the place that i would like to Retire at.

Pros

Great core values, culture of helping first.

The respect and culture from the top down

Securis has the best culture of any Company that I have worked for. The CORE values on the wall are lived everyday, not just on paper. I truly believe that culture starts at the top and the management team lead by example. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am valued and respected.

Pros

Great communication

Work hard, play hard

Securis is a great place to work. The people are awesome and the values are hard to find in companies these days. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done and you will be busy as the company is growing rapidly. But, the days go by quickly and the emails, texts and calls stop once you go home as there is a true respect for work/life balance here.

Pros

Christian based company with great core values

Cons

Have outgrown their office and warehouse space

Great Company , leadership team and core values

I was new to the world of IT Recycling, and since my first visit at Securis was a career change for me.Company with a great core focus and core values, a leadership team with much knowledge and experience, mentoring and leading their managers and pushing them to grow.Different cultures and nationalities make the workplace more dynamic.Great place to work. Enjoy the time spent working hard because you will feel valued .

Bad company

They care about target goal but the don’t care about their employees.. 75 percent of employees terminated.. in short bad management and bad company. Very hard jobs,, some employees that work longer has less salary than newly hired.

Bad

Cons

Short break, benefits not good at all.

Official response from Securis

November 18, 2021
We are very sad to read this. Over the last few weeks, all employees' 401K match was increased, all employees were given an extra day off after Thanksgiving and hourly wages were increased 10%. We do demand a lot and we do have targets that we are trying to hit.

Deeply engrained culture of teamwork and working toward a set of common goals

Management focuses on alignment of individual roles to overall goals; great job of balancing "working in the business" and "working on the business"; fun and exciting to come to work each day because of the creativity and energy to solve problems and overcome challenges; employee team (from top to bottom) has uncanny ability to achieve consistent results in volatile markets

Pros

fantastic people; focused on results; great opportunities for advancement; outstanding mission

Cons

only 2 weeks PTO until end of 3rd year

a cord of three strands is not easily broken

Do something different or innovate and make the changes you wanna see in the world. I hope you all continue to develop and reach a pinnacle atop your fathoms. see you up there!

Pros

Revolving employment opportunity door, average pay for a hobby IT employee or entry level technician looking to gain hands on experience, very befriending staff, open-door policy, very efficient and well assisted warehousing work day, No individualized team staffing or specialization needed for cross training

Cons

Horrible workgroup management, poor managing of IT staff, mostly product processing driven, equipment asset managing with a cringe of poor security compliance and Environmental standards

Great management, strong mission and purpose

I have enjoyed working on Securis for almost 10 years. I have stayed with Securis for its strong management, dedication to employees and mission driven purpose. The company invests heavily in its employees, their welfare and growth. The company continues to innovate and adapt to changing market conditions. It is constantly trying to improve against its current performance.

Pros

Flexible hours, great people, culture of service and innovation

Cons

Lacks resources of a large company

Your valued as a person and your feedback matters.

This is a great company to work for, it has great core values which lead to a great culture. It has a clear goal and holds weekly productive meetings to check on progress and to come up with strategic plans to address current or upcoming business challenges.

Good Company even in the Covad Times

Good company that puts employees at the top of the list. It’s not perfect but they try very hard. Core Values are key to the successes. They also have a strong mission and long term feature.

Securis has excellent core values

Helps First – Put the team first Fun – Always have fun and make people laugh Hungry – Have big goals and want to conquer the world Humbly Confident – Be humble, but be confident also Work Life Harmony – Both are important but must be in balance Positive – Have a positive attitude Innovative – Nothing’s carved in stone, question everything, and look for new ways to do things

Co-workers are awesome.

To many pointless meetings for such a small company. Meetings would be a good goal wasted time because people that are there want to just work. Meetings don't match the people working here.

Pros

Good place to work.

Cons

No advancement

Full of lie, insult, arrogance, and lie

Avoid this company at all. On interview they, we're flexible and after couple of months they will said not. The VP and management always lie and Insult

Pros

No pros but lie, insult, arrogance and full of lie

Cons

Avoid this company

Official response from Securis

April 12, 2019
We are sorry that your experience here didn't meet your expectations. Unfortunately, we have high standards at our company and we expect everyone to meet those standards. When an employee isn't meeting the standards we work with them to make changes, unfortunately, we aren't always successful.We wish you the best of luck for the future, hopefully, you will find a position that is a better fit.

Fun working at this place

Every day at work was good,I learned more communication skills, manager was very good also training,the work place was clean, the hardest part of the job was sitting all day.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Short breaks

Great place to work!

Securis is a wonderful place to work with a very supportive and collaborative team. They're very passionate about growing their employees both professional and as people. They do this through leadership classes and programs such as Financial Peace. I would highly recommend Securis to any of my friends.

Pros

Work-life Balance, Integrity, innovative, fast paced

One of the better entry level jobs in the Metro area

This is definitely a rewarding job, but it can be quite strenuous. I found management and the front office staff to be very approachable, extremely diligent, and very hard working. With a few exceptions, there's a high level of professionalism in the workplace. It's a very fast paced environment that requires a great work ethic and a high level of fitness, upper body strength specifically. 95% of employees are fun and professional who enjoy working hard and having fun whilst doing so. There were shortcomings though. I noticed that there were some employees who lacked that work ethic I previously mentioned and who did not bring 100% effort. If the warehouse manager is outworking you, you're probably slacking. I would actual quantify it as 40% effort. This is completely anecdotal and may not be the same experience for everyone. Another observation that falls along the same lines is some of the more senior employees weren't apt to new ideas or new methods to accomplishing tasks. Overall, Securis is a great place to work if you can handle what can be a very strenuous job. You definitely need to be physically able to lift and move 40lbs unassisted at the minimum. I was very pleased with my employment there. I left due to moving out of state.

Pros

Management and HR is great, music makes the work better. Fun work environment

Cons

very dusty, weather extremes outside may make workplace uncomfortable temperature-wise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Securis in popular locations

• Securis