Securitas Electronic Security Employee Reviews

Featured review
Securitas Electronic Security selected this as a representative review
Industry leading brings challenges and opportunites
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 12, 2017
Securitas ES is a great place to work. I have been in this industry for my entire career and although the last couple years have been challenging they have also been exciting. Its great to work for a company that is industry leading and that is investing in becoming a company that will continue to provide innovation and value for their customer. This company continues to invest in systems and process that ultimately will make for a better daily working environment for its employees. Change is not easy but it is inevitable and I feel that my future here is secure with growing opportunity for personal and professional advancement.
Pros
Great pay and benefits with ample career advancment opportunites
Worklife balance
Account Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OH 44685February 4, 2019
The hardest part of the job was having worklife balance. Many times they did not have enough employees to manage the work load, so working additional hours over 60 hrs per week was required.
Sorry Place to work for
technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Stay away from this place. These guys care about one thing and one thing only! PROFIT. It does not matter how many hours you work. If you don't show a profit you are blacklisted, Only thing management cares about is how many tickets you ran and the profit made off those tickets, dispatch is horrible. they will not change routes unless a DSM approves and god forbid if you have multiple tickets miles away from each other. if you have a ticket and are miles away and there is another technician closer they will not issue that ticket to the other technician which is ridiculous, upper management is a joke. I worked in area that lost 75 percent of its work force and management did nothing to replace them. And they want to know why the area is not being handled?
I will say the only good thing about the company was pay and benefits. Very stressfull place to work when management wont return phone calls or text messaging. Oh yeah if you work here suggest making copies of your time card. I had two occasions where time was altered by DSM contacted human resources and still no response. Best thing to do is stay away from this company
Pros
Cons
to many to list
January 30, 2019

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you do feel this way about Securitas ES. We are consistently trying to grow and make changes where need be so these statements will be reviewed by our management team. We do always try to stay relevant in the area of compensation and benefits so thank you for that. This is a thriving organization and very fast paced. We are striving to be the best and take your comments very seriously so thank you for it!

The same over and over
Dispatcher/ Remote Program Client Service (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJanuary 13, 2019
This company in my opinion has been one of the most difficult I have ever worked for. Sick time is non exsistant. Pay is substandard , there is very little consistancy even though each shift handles different clients, there are many other aspects that should be consistant .
Pros
If you are a direct hire, benefits quickly
Cons
There seems to be a lack of teamwork from the ground up
January 30, 2019

Thank you for the review. All associates come in with 2 weeks of PTO and 5 sick days (prorated based on your hire date). We have documented processes across the business so I am sorry you felt that we have no consistency. It is a broad statement so I am not sure how to directly respond. We do really appreciate your review and will take your comments to make SES a better employer! Thank you

Unethical and Ruthless Upper Management Team
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford NYJanuary 3, 2019
It is very unfortunate that this company had/has so many great heard working, dedicated, innovative employees that are willing to go the extra mile but are severely taken advantage of. You work countless hours only be told you can work harder and while you get paid time off, don't expect to actually take any without working and many times you just forfeit. Upper Management spends most of their time trying to figure out how to "steal" accounts and employees from their previous employer and not enough time acknowledging the great associates they already have. I mean let's face it they currently run ads for alarm monitor positions and they start employees at $9.00?!? I can't believe that End Users would even feel safe. I guess they don't realize that most high school kids make more than this making milkshakes at McDonalds? If you are interested in an unethical company, unfair business practices, countless hours of unappreciated overtime (that you won't be paid for), zero work/life balance, and almost extinct monetary increases then this may be the place for you!!
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
Cons
Extensive Hours, Little to no Raises, Unethical Business Practices, Definitely a "man's world"
February 18, 2019

Thank you for the review! I am sorry that you feel that way. I can assure you that we operate in the most ethical way possible on all levels. Furthermore, we do not have a position at SES that pays $9.00 per hour, this is highly inaccurate! We have also given monetary raises out over the past 3 years for associates who did well on their annual review! Best of luck

Company does not think before they act.
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 5, 2018
All they care about are the numbers not the people. I was very good at my job and also the only person that did this job. They did not stop and think about the customer when they laid me off. They dropped the ball on the fire division and let go of the one person that still knew the industry for fire customers.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, that is not the case. We do very much care for all our associates. Without the best people, we are unable to provide the best service. Please know that we are always looking for ways to build our morale to be a world class employer. Best of luck to you!

Fast Pasted
Dispatcher/ Remote Program Client Service panels (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 4, 2018
This is a great company to work for but having to work 3rd shift and having a family can be very difficult. As much as I have moved and would like to stay with securitases, my family is suffering.
Poor Upper Management Running Company
Service Tech (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 21, 2018
They do not trust technicians even though they require us to work alone and unsupervised.
Parts is a wreck
Call management is a wreck
Vehicle is a Dodge RAM City which is to small to carry everything you need to do the job and we go over its max allowed weight. We do take the vehicle home but cannot use it for personal use.
As of 8/2018 you have to give 60 miles for the beginning and end of your work hours. So if its 59 miles away and takes 2.5 hours to get there, you have to leave early. same as coming home. Its a joke especially if you work in any large cities.
I do think most of the service type jobs have gone to where it is not a career type of environment.
Pros
na
Cons
too many to list
February 6, 2019

Thank you for the review. Some of detail above is very vague. Fortunately, we have made numerous changes since this was reviewed back in November. We are a culture that thrives on internal promoting and cross collaboration across all business units. We do take these reviews very seriously and will review the information provided. Thanks and best of luck to you

Too much management, not enough work getting done
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Western WashingtonNovember 3, 2018
Corporate management hasn't a clue how to take care of the customers needs. Every issue is passed on to the techs and their apparent lack of knowledge or the overworked DSM's not making every new key word their top priority. The use of subcontractors for installation creates a lack of oversight and its put on the service department to fix the substandard installations.

Service level everyone is knowledgeable and hard working. Despite the lack of help from upper management customers get serviced and jobs get done.
Pros
Good benefits and strong regional management
Cons
To much bureaucracy
November 5, 2018

Thank you for the review! This is an area that is constantly being worked on as we are aware that the Service Organization continues to be held to a really high standard as we are a service based company! I do see you are a current associate here so I would urge you to send in your recommendations to hrdocs@securitases.com. Thank you for your service and continued dedication to SES.

Not worth the effort
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJNovember 2, 2018
This company claims to be a big gun in the security industry but bigger is not necessarily better. They are buying up smaller companies and eliminating jobs at the same time. The Human Resources individual in the Fair Lawn New Jersey office is incompetent at best and can never give you a straight answer., but is very good at steering you to those that might help.
Makes you wonder why she is there at all?
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
November 5, 2018

Thank you for the review. While the frustration is understood, not sure a personal attack on an associate is the right way to go nor does it offer a pro or a con about our organization. As far as the job elimination statement is concerned, we are on track to hire the most new associates in one year that SES has had since inception. Your review is appreciated and noted. Thank you!

It’s getting worse here
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 30, 2018
This time a year ago I was trying to encourage every good technician I knew to apply for a job here. Today, I doubt I’ll be sticking around much longer.
It started out as a great place to work. Things were pretty crazy when they separated from Diebold. We had to work a lot of hours and deal with a lot of chaos. We did a good job and things for our customers got better. But, as soon as things stabilized, corporate started changing policies, negatively affecting the service technicians in the field. A general feeling of, this company does not value you, started to slowly wash over everybody. Changes to our vehicle use policy, personal tools policy, and even cutting back on training.
The most recent slap in the face is a change to the travel policy for technicians. We used to not get paid for our first and last 45 minutes of travel every day, which is pretty bad for our area. Most companies don’t pay for the first and last 30 minutes. Now, they’ve changed it to where we don’t get paid for the first and last 60 miles everyday! That’s about 3 hours of travel a day possibly! Our managers had a meeting with the people pushing out this new policy and brought their lists of all of our complaints and concerns regarding this change. It had no effect and they went ahead with it anyway. They say, this is pretty common for the rest of the industry. So, they’re basically saying, we believe other companies get away with treating you worse then we treat you so we’re going to treat you worse to match; rather then strive to be better then the industry standard. I’m sure the
  more... SES HR person will get on here and say how this is common in the industry and how we can bring our concerns to so and so, and the company is striving to get better. But that wouldn’t match reality. We took our concerns to management and they were ignored. The industry standard is to treat technicians as disposable bodies, you should be better. And if you’re striving to get better, why are the reviews from employees averaging worse and worse as time goes by?
I’ve been in the industry a long time. I’ve seen companies go this route before. They’re going to have more and more trouble holding on to good technicians. They’ll create more and more horrible corporate policies to attempt to bring up productivity, which will only make production go down. Unhappy workers just don’t work as hard as happy ones. When I look out a year from now, I expect things to be even worse for employees, not better. I doubt I’ll be sticking around until then. Most of my co workers feel the same. Work has slowed down and everybody has updated their resumes.
I guess the bottom line is, as a technician, you can work here. But it’s just another corporate job run by a bunch of people who only see you as a number on a spread sheet. You aren’t a valuable member of the team, you’re just a disposable asset. Use this place to get some experience and then move on to a place that will treat you a bit better. If you want to work at a place that demands more and more from you and gives you less and less, then hey, stick around and grow some roots here. Otherwise, treat this place like a rat treats a sinking ship.
Pros
Less and less of them
Cons
More and more of them
November 12, 2018

Thanks for the review! Unfortunately, these reviews from current associates really hit hard. We have one of the best Human Resources teams in the industry and would urge you to reach out to your respective contact. Perhaps sending a message to hrdocs@securitases.com would be a good start. Also, we have been through a large acquisition so your patience is very much appreciated. Sorry that you are having a bad experience but we hope you will bring these ideas/thoughts to HR so we can take a look with possible resolution! Thank you for your review

Poorly run Management. Don't care about their employees
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2018
There is no loyalty at all or care for the employees. It is only a business and is run that way. Don't get too comfortable there...You are only a number
November 5, 2018

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We are very big on employee engagement and morale at Securitas. We take our annual survey very seriously when looking to try and implement new strategies and engagement opportunities for the upcoming year! Very sorry you did not have a positive review to give to the company. We do appreciate you leaving a review though and wish you the best.

Great
Retail Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66251October 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Very flexible with work/life balance. Management really understands and are friendly. Room for promotion if you work hard and are dedicated.
Pros
work life balance, management style, room for advancement
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the review! We greatly appreciate it. Reviews like this make us proud to come to work at SES each and every day!

Stressful
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 26, 2018
It was a stressful environment with a lot of micromanaging. You could not take vacation for the length of time you wanted, it has to be a week at a time. The system used to distribute calls was disastrous
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the review! We are constantly looking to enhance our tools and service offerings for our internal and external customers! Your review is appreciated!

Decent
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
roll out at 745 to goto my 1st ticket. start and stop calls using the companies software. Complete calls and goto the next call. Its basically on the job training so far their promise of getting industry certifications have not been met. hardest part is just dealing with some head scratchers but its a corporation so I guess thats normal.
mosy enjoyable is that i get a guranteed 40 hours a week.
Pros
guarantee of 40 hours
September 17, 2018

Thank you for the review. Please contact the HR team to discuss what certifications you are looking to get. Keeping our Technician population certified on the latest and great technology is something that we strive to do each and every day. Our Technician population is one of the strongest and most skilled in the industry.. Glad things are going OK but please reach out to your HR team for help with anything!

Productive and a fun work place
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Very relaxed company, work office parties, PTO , everyone is friendly and ready to assist each other and help out in other departments when needed. I would recommend Securitas.
September 7, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. It is always awesome to get positive reviews from former employees!! We appreciate it and wish you the best

good luck
Contracting (Former Employee) –  Green, OHAugust 15, 2018
Company has little or no training. Most employees are unfriendly. Management is unhelpful to their employees. Favoritism Is huge.
Very very stressful company to work for.
August 28, 2018

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, if you had a poor experience, we recommend all associates talk with our HR department who is onsite in Uniontown. We have actually developed some very intense training courses for all associates to partake in prior to or during employment at Securitas. The phrase "Management is unhelpful to their employees" is extremely vague. If there was specific examples, please feel free to send us your concerns to hrdocs@securitases.com and we can research them. I am sorry you wrote a poor review on the organization but it is a very exciting time for the business. Securitas is investing a lot of time and energy to ensure we have one of the most upbeat and dynamic workforces in the security industry

Great Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there with a great ability for growth and advancement. The work environment was excellent and the teamwork was phenomenal. I would recommend to anyone.
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate it. Work environment and culture is something that we are always striving to improve so it is great to hear that you had an awesome experience

poorly managed
Operations (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 17, 2018
I have been here over 10 years and have so many people leave that have been here even longer. Upper management doesn't care how the work gets done, just get it done.
Salary does match the work that is being done
Pros
Cons
poor management and horrible salary
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately, the management team takes this extremely seriously. Should you have a concern with any member of the Securitas team, please contact our HR department for a confidential conversation. As far as salary is concerned, we do a very thorough review of all associates and the markets that they are working in to ensure we are at or above the industry average. Your job tenure doesn't match up with the comment "horrible salary" unfortunately. We do appreciate your contributions to the team and would reiterate if you have any concerns, please reach out to the HR team for a confidential call. Thanks again

Awful culture
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJune 24, 2018
On multiple occasions, I witnessed senior executives berate their subordinates in public settings. SES cares only about getting new customers to sign contracts. Once they sign, the relationship is left to wither. Obfuscation and lying are pervasive throughout the organization and it leaves the honest, hard working employees to have poor morale and feel like they might be fired for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. The division is an afterthought to Securitas AB as it’s less than 10% of the overall company in terms of sales and because of this it seems the parent company hasn’t taken a hard look at the operations of SES. They also just finished a round of layoffs last week. This likely won’t be the only one as a number of key goals have been missed in the last year.
Pros
Pride in helping keep people safe
Cons
Management, management, management
June 28, 2018

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, over the last 20 quarters, we have grown substantially in 19 of them. As far as the morale is concerned, we do take our annual survey extremely seriously and make necessary changes to ensure our morale continues to improve. Are we perfect? No.... Do we do a lot of things very great... Yes... As far as layoffs are concerned, this is a last resort when an acquisition is completed and unfortunately we had to make a terribly hard decision to do so. As far as the acquisition is concerned, we did acquire an 80M organization with 400+ employees so the future is extremely bright. While I respect your statements, I am not seeing much truth to them given the hard numbers. Thanks for the review

Love working for Securitas
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 29, 2018
Great company to work for! My typical work consist in driving to clients and helping in any of their technical issues and/or needs. This company have given me the opportunity to grow in my career
June 4, 2018

Thanks for the comment! Great to hear the positive experiences you are having at SES. Reminder that if you know any great associates from your past, we do offer a great referral program that compensates you for referrals that we hire. Please send any resumes to resumes@securitases.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Electronic Security. Our community is ready to answer.