Securitas Electronic Security Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun work place
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Very relaxed company, work office parties, PTO , everyone is friendly and ready to assist each other and help out in other departments when needed. I would recommend Securitas.
September 7, 2018

Thanks for the positive review. It is always awesome to get positive reviews from former employees!! We appreciate it and wish you the best

good luck
Contracting (Former Employee) –  Green, OHAugust 15, 2018
Company has little or no training. Most employees are unfriendly. Management is unhelpful to their employees. Favoritism Is huge.
Very very stressful company to work for.
August 28, 2018

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, if you had a poor experience, we recommend all associates talk with our HR department who is onsite in Uniontown. We have actually developed some very intense training courses for all associates to partake in prior to or during employment at Securitas. The phrase "Management is unhelpful to their employees" is extremely vague. If there was specific examples, please feel free to send us your concerns to hrdocs@securitases.com and we can research them. I am sorry you wrote a poor review on the organization but it is a very exciting time for the business. Securitas is investing a lot of time and energy to ensure we have one of the most upbeat and dynamic workforces in the security industry

Great Place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there with a great ability for growth and advancement. The work environment was excellent and the teamwork was phenomenal. I would recommend to anyone.
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate it. Work environment and culture is something that we are always striving to improve so it is great to hear that you had an awesome experience

poorly managed
Operations (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJuly 17, 2018
I have been here over 10 years and have so many people leave that have been here even longer. Upper management doesn't care how the work gets done, just get it done.
Salary does match the work that is being done
Pros
Cons
poor management and horrible salary
August 28, 2018

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately, the management team takes this extremely seriously. Should you have a concern with any member of the Securitas team, please contact our HR department for a confidential conversation. As far as salary is concerned, we do a very thorough review of all associates and the markets that they are working in to ensure we are at or above the industry average. Your job tenure doesn't match up with the comment "horrible salary" unfortunately. We do appreciate your contributions to the team and would reiterate if you have any concerns, please reach out to the HR team for a confidential call. Thanks again

Awful culture
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJune 24, 2018
On multiple occasions, I witnessed senior executives berate their subordinates in public settings. SES cares only about getting new customers to sign contracts. Once they sign, the relationship is left to wither. Obfuscation and lying are pervasive throughout the organization and it leaves the honest, hard working employees to have poor morale and feel like they might be fired for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. The division is an afterthought to Securitas AB as it’s less than 10% of the overall company in terms of sales and because of this it seems the parent company hasn’t taken a hard look at the operations of SES. They also just finished a round of layoffs last week. This likely won’t be the only one as a number of key goals have been missed in the last year.
Pros
Pride in helping keep people safe
Cons
Management, management, management
June 28, 2018

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, over the last 20 quarters, we have grown substantially in 19 of them. As far as the morale is concerned, we do take our annual survey extremely seriously and make necessary changes to ensure our morale continues to improve. Are we perfect? No.... Do we do a lot of things very great... Yes... As far as layoffs are concerned, this is a last resort when an acquisition is completed and unfortunately we had to make a terribly hard decision to do so. As far as the acquisition is concerned, we did acquire an 80M organization with 400+ employees so the future is extremely bright. While I respect your statements, I am not seeing much truth to them given the hard numbers. Thanks for the review

Love working for Securitas
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 29, 2018
Great company to work for! My typical work consist in driving to clients and helping in any of their technical issues and/or needs. This company have given me the opportunity to grow in my career
June 4, 2018

Thanks for the comment! Great to hear the positive experiences you are having at SES. Reminder that if you know any great associates from your past, we do offer a great referral program that compensates you for referrals that we hire. Please send any resumes to resumes@securitases.com

Typical work environment
Alarm Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMay 27, 2018
Over all it’s a nice place to work. It’s a very fast pace job and you have little time to think. The coworkers are nice but management chooses what to fallow.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management picks and chooses what rules to fallow
June 4, 2018

Thank you for the review. Alarm Dispatching is one of the most important roles within our organization so thank you for the service. Regarding the cons you mentioned, our management team is very collaborative with all levels of the organization. All of the decisions that are made stem from research based on the specific scenario. Should you not agree with something or need additional information, please contact your manager directly. Again, thanks for the review and your service with SES!

Ok place to work, could be great
Service technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 19, 2018
I’ve been in the industry for over 13 years. Securitas is a good place to work. They have the potential to be amazing but I don’t think they’re leaning that direction. Time will tell. Employees were highly valued at first but things are changing fast across the board. I’m hoping that when the company settles down and figures out what they want to be, employees won’t end up as just numbers on a spreadsheet. We were very backed up a year ago. We worked hard, overtime and weekends, to catch up. Now, most of our customers are enjoying same day service and we even got a small bonus! Down side, now overtime must be preapproved. The employee performance tracking needs some work. They expect an average of 4 calls run per day which is a fine standard. But, when you’re only getting an average of 3 possible calls to run a day, your numbers start looking bad. Add to this that they don’t want you getting any overtime anymore. I often find myself finishing a call with 1.5 hours of my day left and the only call left to run is 2 hours away. I guess there are worse things. Side notes for techs: company provides phone, laptop, van, gas card, fleet card, company credit card, most tools, and some training. Service areas are pretty huge, lots of windshield time. First and last 45 minutes of travel time unpaid. Banker hours for the most part with an on call rotation. Overtime used to be unlimited but is almost nonexistent now. Company treats you pretty good if you volunteer to go out of town; they pay for hotel, your travel times, and a generous meal budget (not a meal stipend,  more... charged to company credit card)  less
Pros
Good overall with potential
Cons
Performance tracking system doesn’t work
June 4, 2018

Thank you for the review. We appreciate it. As you know, we went through a large transition when the Diebold business was purchased. With that said, we are consistently looking at ways to sharpen our tools so that they are most effective for our associates. Should you have additional questions/concerns, please reach out directly to your manager or a member of the Human Resources team. Thanks for your service to the business and have a great day

Very Good Company to work for
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
If you do your job you will be fine. Like any other job is all based in satisfying the customer need, from my experience there is a lot of learning and working with the latest and greatest technology in the industry. Work can be stressful at times and life balance can be challenging at times but you can decide how much you want to give into it. Is a good work place with lots of support behind for you. They give you all the tools and training needed for you to perform your role. Overall is an Amazing learning experience and there is always need of an extra hand for the demand of work.
Pros
Lots of learning Experience
Cons
No Bonus / No Christmas Party / Etc
March 19, 2018

Thank you for the overall positive review. We take these very serious and will look into anything you mention that we can work on. Thanks!

Poorly ran
Dispatch (Current Employee) –  UniontownMarch 11, 2018
Unskilled management, no accountability, employees are treated poorly, advancements are not based on productivity. Very low moral for employees and techs. Techs are treated terribly and assumed to be incompetent. Poor management has led to cutthroat tactics to get out of the dept.

Techs are quitting enmasse due to being poorly treated. The pay is not worth the hardship and mental anguish it causes.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, nepotism, poor employee treatment
March 12, 2018

Sorry that you feel this way. Our morale and retention rate has actually never been higher than it is right now. We are acquiring and maintaining some of the highest quality associates that we have in the past number of years. We do have numerous outlets for employees to discuss issues so that it does not lead to negative reviews of the business. We have an awesome company and are very proud of where we have come from and what we have in store for the future. The review is notated and will be reviewed to ensure all employees are not being treated poorly.

IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHFebruary 15, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere on midnights for a temporary security conversion. Job required us to take inbound calls and never had to babysit technicians. If there was an issue on-site with the conversion they were advised to call their own support desk.
April 17, 2018

Thank you for the comment. We continue to sharpen our tools to ensure that our technicians are trained to the fullest ensuring our customers are given the highest service levels when service is needed. Thanks for your dedication to the business

Poorly run company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2018
In the past year there have been two layoffs at all levels. There is no loyalty at all or care for the employees. It is only a business and is run that way. Don't get too comfortable there...
Pros
Remote work environment
Cons
Everything else
March 12, 2018

Thank you for the review. Actually, we have not had layoffs in the past two years. Unfortunately, when/if members of a sales team are not selling, then they are putting on a performance plan in hopes that sales numbers turn around in the positive. Should that not happen, a termination is possible as the associate is in a role that is to generate business. We have some very long tenured employees that have been here for 10+ years. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Everyone there is awesome
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 22, 2017
Follow directions and you’ll be ok be a fast leaner. Must know how to read and speak good English. Need to know how to deal with unpleasant customers.
Pros
Get lots of OT
Cons
Always short handed
Pleasant
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Green, OHDecember 15, 2017
I enjoyed the position and learning new things. My boss is very easy going and a pleasure to work for. I would be interested in returning if a permanent position becomes available.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for the positive review. Our careers page is www.securitases.com/careers. Here you will find all of our full time/permanent positions. We appreciate the review and wish you the best

Good company to grow with
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 11, 2017
Not a bad company to work for, just wish there was a better training program for service technicians since this is an ever changing industry. A lot of the job you learn on the fly and good luck trying to get ahold of management for anything.
Pros
Somewhat good pay, better than the average. Company vehicle with all maintenance and gas paid for.
Cons
Lack of training. Management is hard to get ahold of. The part ordering process is trash.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for the review. We have spent a lot of time and resources to ramp up our training team and program and have come a long way since this review was written.

Growing Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 24, 2017
Securitas Electronic Security is a growing company that is poised to make a big impact on the electronic security industry. Being a part of a world wide organization provides avenues for growth that are not available to most of our industry.
Challenging and rewarding!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 13, 2017
Great time to work for a company that is growing 'organically'. Strong collaboration, challenging and rewarding! If you want to work for a company where you can put your 'thumb print' on a program - this is the place to be!!
Industry leading brings challenges and opportunites
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 12, 2017
Securitas ES is a great place to work. I have been in this industry for my entire career and although the last couple years have been challenging they have also been exciting. Its great to work for a company that is industry leading and that is investing in becoming a company that will continue to provide innovation and value for their customer. This company continues to invest in systems and process that ultimately will make for a better daily working environment for its employees. Change is not easy but it is inevitable and I feel that my future here is secure with growing opportunity for personal and professional advancement.
Pros
Great pay and benefits with ample career advancment opportunites
Large Family Type of Workplace
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYOctober 12, 2017
My typical day includes but, is not limited to the following.

• Leading my team to formulate engineered estimates and or budgets for new and existing clients by prooviding customized estimates, material costs, associated labor, initial budget, and assistance in the final review of projects.
• Mentoring and teaching others about how systems are put together and what is acceptable practice versus unacceptable in equivalency tests, standards, complexity.
• Interfacing with Customers, Manufacturer’s Representatives, Manufacturer’s Technical staff, Distribution Offices and Supply Vendors on a regular basis as well as oganizing and deploying Lunch and Learn training sessions, and other required training sessions in order to keep up with the changing industry complexities.
• Interfacing with the various associates, and area and senior leadership teams as needed to assist in developing a win strategy and evaluate the dynamics of projects.

The hardest part of my job is balancing the multiple tasks that are required daily, and the most enjoyable part of my job is, the family of associates that I work with throughout my office and the other team members across North America
Pros
Busy and challenging workplace
Cons
Busy and challenging workplace
Awesome place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work. Taking the industry on. Very exciting to be a part of a strong leader in the industry. They care about people, our craft, and it is noble work protecting persons, property and organizations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Electronic Security. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about