Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 4,172 reviews matching the search See all 4,536 reviews
Cool place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
It's a pretty good place to work, could be stressful at times. It helps you improve your people skills as you have to interact with employees and customers alike
Pros
No heavy work
Cons
Stressing
Good company
Account Manager/Bridgeport Hospital (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport HopsitalNovember 13, 2018
Securitas helped with my growth in the security industry. I quickly went from security officer to supervisor and then on to the Account Manger position. Having had supervisory experience with the probation department really gave me an edge on how to supervise and deal with people.
Stable Job with Hit or Miss Clients
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 13, 2018
This job can be amazing or it can be awful. It all depends on exactly which job site/client you are assigned. My first assignment had overbearing clients who interfered with day to day operations and made life miserable with selective rules. However, my reassignment to another site resulted in me finding a wonderful manager and client who I enjoyed working for. I mostly looked forward to going into work under the 2nd client.

Essentially this job has a huge variety of pay rates and client sites- make sure to pick your specific job carefully or you may end up getting a bad arrangement.
Pros
Simple consistent work environment
Cons
Low pay, potential for "bad" clients
Outgoing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 13, 2018
Going above and beyond to my job done. Staying late working doubles when others fell short. Training other to my best ability making sure they knew how to their jobs.
You are just a number
Response Team Member (Current Employee) –  Shippingport, PANovember 13, 2018
You work long hours (12+) and are able to be rescheduled with no advanced notice. Pay checks are consistently messed up. Leadership is power hungry and unprofessional.
Cool place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
Cons
standing long time
Work Enviroment
Security Officer - (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 12, 2018
Its a great company to work for and they provide lots of support to their employees. The upper management is always in touch with the sites and all the employees at a site to make sure all is well.
Bad Culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2018
Company does not take of it's employees. Doesn't pay for vacation time or personal leave. The culture of the company is very unprofessional. They have lost several contracts due to this. They don't take care of their employees.
n/a
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 12, 2018
Working for Securitas there are multiple sites that the company can put you at around the CSRA. The hospital is a big site they have and that is where I was at. The training is not very thorough, the pay in no where near enough, the employees are burnt out from having to work overtime, the employers complain about having to pay overtime but make you sign mandatory overtime sheets.
Collaborative
Receptionist Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2018
This place was ok to work for because when I ran into a challenge at one job site my manager was surprised to see me working at a new site. Guess she thought I was fired but they just placed me with a more comfortable work schedule and nicer environment. I had to quit because I just couldn't wait for a full time schedule any longer. So now I work full time some where else.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Hours
it was good
Site Supervisor/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2018
a great company to start with but it's not the best if you want to move up into management other then that for anyone new to security it's great. if you show them how much your willing to work you can move up a bit.
Worker happiness highly dependent on assignment and immediate supervisor
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 10, 2018
Overtime is routinely available and the site leader is expected to get subordinates to cover openings. Despite some of the more serious problems not mentioned, many workers are happy or demonstrate a high level of commitment upon understanding, believing, or knowing that their boss is shielding their interest, home-work life balance, etc. Individual happiness varies based on supervisor-client relationship.
Cons
Pay usually starts very low
I Like My Job!
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2018
Ive been working at Securitas for the last few months & was recently made permenant. Thankful & glad that Im now with the Union & have a stable work shift & pay.
Pleasant atmosphere to work for
Professional Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 8, 2018
Employees are treated fairly. There are opportunities to get to know other responsibilities and to be cross-trained. There are opportunities to work at various venues in NYC and NJ.
Has many locations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 8, 2018
Many diverse locations to choose from, so you can choose how far from home you work. Pay depends on where you work. However you cannot change your location until you have been with the company for a period of time.
Pros
Fairly laid back
Cons
Management could be more proactive, and the pay is not the best
Average
SERGENT/ DESK OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYNovember 8, 2018
Iv'e learned alot from this company they promoted me to a supervisor of security. It was a learning experience for me. The staff got along with me because I was a fair supervisor.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2018
Bad management , started off a great place to work then turn into the company not showing apperception to the hard workers! Co workers was nice and respect.
Not something I could do for a career.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IANovember 8, 2018
Enjoyed wrong for this company, just couldn’t see myself pursuing the position as a lifelong career. Hours were long and way too much sitting was involved. Swing shifts were difficult for me after some time as well.
Pros
When there was down time I was able to complete other tasks.
Cons
Very small space, night shifts were difficult to stay awake
It's fine for youngsters
CCTV/Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560November 8, 2018
It's fine if you're trying to get started in a overall easy full time job. But wouldn't much go past that. For the site I'm at there is better pay and better opinions closer to home with benefits
Not a good place to work
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 7, 2018
I will never work for this company again and I would like to say to you all that before you take a job at the company. Please do your homework and find out about them
They don't care about you. And what the clients want you to be paid to work at their site securitas will not pay to that money. And watch out your pay will be short sometimes and you get the run around.
Pros
Not a good place to work
Cons
Iowa City/cedar rapid branch is bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.2K

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight