Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
41K
31K
Found 3,490 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
keep every thing in place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2018
going to different program learn other thing having cook out understanding other people situation talking about new ideal montior being on time. learned
opertunities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 26, 2018
Got the job just expecting some random guard duty, ended up working on the Tonight show with jay leno, Loved every minute of it and made some amazing friends along the way.
Pros
work in entertainment
Cons
lots of standing
security guard
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMay 26, 2018
I started out as a security guard and ended up as a supervisor. The pay was low for all they wanted you to do. they over worked you and under paid you.
Pros
met new people
Cons
low pay
Awful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2018
90% of your day is spent apologizing for your incompetent guards. Management and HR is delusional about what actually happens at the office.

The job is relatively easy, but you're working with/for people proud of employees and business that provides little to no actual value to their clients. You're hiring minimum wage workers and expecting them to be able to handle working unsupervised.

I hated every minute I was there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
It wasn’t good.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 26, 2018
I worked here for quite a while and too many people did not want to do their jobs so I had to cover down for them. The schedule was always off and the pay was not good.
Great management team that listens to its employees
Multi-Site Security Officer / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 25, 2018
It could be a fun and relaxing job, or it could be long and stressful. Ultimately, it all is determined by the location you are assigned to. They have a great management team that is very flexible and reasonable with your schedule, they just need to know in advance and it will all work out.
Not at all impress
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anonymous, MOMay 25, 2018
The Columbia MO Branch office is extremely unprofessional and show favoritism. They literally don't care at all about their employees because if they did, they would split the hours around more evenly between their employees. They constantly make promises to them and they never follow through with them. They don't ensure that training has been properly implemented and they will literally yell at you for the most ridiculous things. If the Client makes a request, make sure you call ahead of time because I promise that you will never hear the end of it. If you're female, do not expect much at all in terms of raises, promotions or being allowed to work all sections (Truck Lot specifically) at your given site. There is a reason they don't tend to keep their guards for long, because they make it impossible to work for them. If you're wanting any possible overtime? Not going to happen because they deem 32 hours as full time so that if another person calls in, they can avoid paying overtime. That's why no one gets adequate hours and they're extremely overstaffed at most, if not all, of their locations. Securitas is "Always Hiring" and you'll most definitely get hired, but you'll never get hours. On the bright side, they also don't want to pay unemployment so you'll probably never get fired from this job either. They'll tell you that sleeping is an automatic fire, but I have yet to see that happen and I've seen plenty of people fall asleep, have their picture taken and submitted to them and nothing but a write up comes of it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Constant Lying
Poor Management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 25, 2018
I do enjoy my job, until I have to interact with the Regional Office.
Frankly, their attitude seems strictly profit centered; very little effort is put forth to understand the needs and general workings of each individual account. They also display what I would consider very poor PR communications.
Good pay
Security Lead (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 25, 2018
Good paying company but it is so large that you rarely get one on ones with managers. Decent pay decent sites to work at. training is good and DCJS is paid for.
Pros
good pay
It was a nice place to work with great people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with the company and the people that I worked with at Securitas. The company gave unbelievable resources to grow into my job as a Security Officer. Management also made sure that we had exactly what we need to preform our task during our shifts. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the customers where I was working but overall I would rate working for Securitas a B+ and I would definitely recommend this job and or company to any job seeker.
Pros
Free Uniforms
Cons
Pay
fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2018
i really enjoyed my time working for this company. it was quite challanging, and a learning experience. if i had to do it again, I would surely work for this company again.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
long brakes
Not a career but a decent place to start
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 24, 2018
This is a decent paying job that will get you started on your way to bigger and better things. You can advance into management if that is your goal and Securitas does hire internally.
Pros
Good managers, small team
Cons
Schedules are more like suggestions than times you can count on
Security Work with bad managment
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 24, 2018
The managment with in securitas is just bad in my opinion. The group I worked for wasnt worth a dime. I worked for this company for over 5 years and I still was treated as a body or a number. I had got little to no raises/promotions. All tho I was putting in over 60 to 70 hours a week. The branch manager was a joke! He came to the sites and talked down to the workers as if we where less than him.
Pros
The companies I was contracted to where great people
Cons
The upper management was bad at best
Managers for themselves
Asset Protection Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAMay 24, 2018
Management came to work with attitudes and took them out on the team. There was no outlet and there was no one to give your concerns to. Each individual was for themselves.
Pros
It was employment
Cons
if you took off there was no supplement for pay
This job was a great short time job
Security Officer Event (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed being with company for the short term event of rodeo concerts wish there where more jobs like this. look forward to doing this again if there are opening in my area for this type work..
Pros
pretty steady pace
Cons
need not to show so much favortism
Don't do it.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 23, 2018
This was my job during college an stayed that way because of the flexibility and convenience of being close to home. The job is easy but too easy, there is no growth and no advancement. Staff changes all the time, the turnover for every position is a few months but the culture and management style stay the same. Only work here if you want to watch your life rot for a corporation that could not care any less for you.
Could use some upgrades
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2018
Benefits were very low grade. Pay rate was good, but very little management support. Training was very informal with no additional training for supervisors.
muy bueno
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 23, 2018
Excelent
I have very good experiences learned in this job.
Pros
everything is fine
Cons
everything is fine
Company is horrible
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2018
The company overall is horrible to work for. The Management treats you like a number or body that can be replaced. The pay is okay depending on location.
Not a Healthy Environment to be in
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 22, 2018
The Management at this location is horrible. The policies change on a minute by minute basis.

Some employees here are great , but their efforts are torpedoed by someone with a fancy title who really doesn't know their job. If the HR Manager didn't have "Google" to get their answers from, this office would cease to exist.

At some point, the "higher powers that be", will become aware of the horrible management practices here and replace the whole Administrative staff.

Pay rate for Security Officers is minimum wage - but yet they bill their clients double. The quality of officers they hire is way lower than that of other companies. Securitas will accept you, regardless of your work history / criminal history / drug habits etc...
Pros
Some of the employees here are great.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight