Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

31.1K
Found 3,734 reviews matching the search See all 4,059 reviews
Securitas Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 19, 2018
I feel in the beginning, the company was fair but through the time
I was with Securitas Security, the management was not so good.
I feel that I should of not been let go. Companies do what they
want to do when it comes to their rules and regulations.
Pros
Working in a reasonable way
Cons
Management changing rule periodically through the year.
lowest possible quality
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2018
they are only interested in filling bodies in spots. Only interested in keeping bodies moving through the system. The human resources person is constantly changing. Hire guards that don't meet any standard of conduct
Not a career job
Supervisor (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Sherrill, NYJuly 19, 2018
A mostly minimun wage paying job with little advancement potential. The highest turnover rate of any employer I have ever worked for. I think if the pay was better with full health insurance provided, they would be able to retain good employees.
Pros
Uniforms provided
Cons
Low pay, limited health insurance
Its alright
Guard (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2018
Sometime I question myself why I'm here. They don't want to give you overtime if they do....TRUST ME they will find a way to cut you out of it. One time I have worked two 12 hours shift because of someone didn't come in, next thing I know I was taking off or 2 days then worked a half of one day just so it will put me under 40.
Pros
Dont know
Cons
They will cut your hours after and take away your overtime
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Securitas, the pay was good, and the office staff were some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. The only downside to the job was the random work sites. Having to travel up to 80 miles one way for a 14 hour shift is a bit much, but ultimately they are a good company to work for.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Site Locations
Have nothing positive to say about this job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 18, 2018
It can be real relaxed but you also have to be careful of your surroundings. Management is horrible. It can be a non stressful job but your manager can make it stressful and hostile. You will won't learn everything that you need to know in one day. The hardest thing about the job is the people and manager you will have to work for and with.
Pros
Cons
Alot
My post was isolated
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2018
I was hired as a Site Supervisor for a post in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and the office is in Birmingham, Alabama. I received minimal support, I interviewed and recommended candidates for my post and others in Tuscaloosa, was on call 24/7 and did all of the client relations with the client. Furthermore, I maintained equipment and fueled the vehicle out of my own pocket getting reimbursed at a later date (sometimes up to 4 weeks later). All of this for $12/hr in a town where that will not allow you to live above the poverty level.
Pros
Cons
No support
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
This is a security firm. They have a lot of positions and each varies, including but not limited to location and duties. I enjoyed working for this company.
Liars and backstabbers
Security Officer/Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2018
They will promise you a position and not follow through. They don't offer any kind of extra training even if you ask for it. The management is a joke. They do everything for you, so they have job security and won't allow you to advance. I wish I would've never worked for this company. They claim they allow tattoos as long as they're not offensive, but then you're told you have to wear long sleeves or cover them up. I'm not about to wear long sleeve shirts in the hot weather.
Pros
Cons
lies
High turnover, No work/life blance
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 16, 2018
The average tenure for a Branch Manager is less than two years. That speaks volumes for the corporate culture. I would not accept this position again if I knew what it was really like.
Pros
Nice bonus program if you can make it
Cons
No work/Balance - you will work everyday and night, on call 24/7
relax place
Unarmed Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
This place was an apartment complex. it was a very quiet fun place to work. my responsibilities were to walk around patrolling the property every hour to make sure no suspicious activity is taking place.
Not Available
Fare Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 16, 2018
There is no further information that I am willing to provide about this company at this time. You would like further information please contact the company directly.
A number but not much more
HR Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 16, 2018
The company is large and usually provided support when needed. They often treated people like a number rather than a person but that seems the trend in a lot of companies these days.
Okay place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 16, 2018
They never call me back to tell me that they have any more posts. But it's an okay company to work for. They sometimes shorten my Paycheck and I Never gave me any new posts
Pros
Luch break is in a hour
Cons
Not enough breaks
Enjoyable place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 16, 2018
Making rounds, checking loaded and unloaded trucks out of plant. Checking employees in and out of plant. Checking to make all alarms are in working order. Maintaining logs. All officers and management got along very well. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with a disgruntled member of the public. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you were doing your job well so that it was making a difference.
Great place to work.
Site Supervisor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2018
Learning safety is a must and management stressed the importance for the client and the officers. Every day was a unique challenge at my post. Learning the culture of different officers was a plus as well.
kinda fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 16, 2018
it was a fast pace environment at the sight i worked at. Very friendly people and amazing staff. i would recommend this employment to any one of my friends or family.
Pros
very friendly environment
Cons
no lunches at the sight i worked at
Chill Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
Is cool working in different locations and meeting many different people. Experience great atmospheres keeping the place safe for civilians. Where cool uniforms.
fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 15, 2018
enjoy working there and love the environment . People were very nice and helpful. Learn knew things and love the workplace culture. If I ever needed anything the office people were very helpful.
Pros
free lunch and nice friendly people
Cons
sometimes no lunch break
Low pay - no room for advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 15, 2018
The wages are very low, the medical benefits offered are a waste of money, no sick time, no vacation, NO RAISES, the morale is at rock bottom, the district manager in the Melbourne office is very disrespectful & abusive as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

39out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.

Powered by Comparably