Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 4,328 reviews matching the search See all 4,671 reviews
Good long-term employment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to work in the field.

The more you advance up the ladder, the harder the job gets and the less the management above you cares about you or your work/home life split.

Securitas is now a "flat organization" so as a Branch Manager, you are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and 99% of those days (including holidays) you will be handling an officer or account issue. You have no help such as Field Service Managers or Field Supervisors, it is only you to handle your 100+ officers and 30+ clients.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Benefits
Cons
Upper Management does not care about you
Fun workplace
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 14, 2019
Securitas is an international company. They are one of the top security companies in the United States. They helpled you get your security license. It’s a great company to work for if you are going to school.

The schedule is a little flexible. You can tell the company when you are available to work once you get hire. If your schedule changes they work with you. There is always overtime. Since there is constant contracts coming to the main office they are always in search for security guards, armed and unarmed. They also have special police in the Washington metropolitan area that getting paid better. The company paid for training and helped with obtaining your arm license.

I started as a simple security in Boston Massachusetts and fortunately moved to Maryland with my job. After a few years in Maryland I became a Sergeant and had my own account.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough pay
Extra work
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2019
There were several situations of employs not showing up ( no call/ no show ) Employees were disappearing from post to sleep or run off with other employees elsewhere leaving those of us to catch up/ get slammed with the work that needed to get done.
It was alright
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
It was alright but not long term. They pay &10.00 and hour but for me to pay all of my bills it is not enough and I was switched to 32 hours From 40 hours.
Leader in Security Services
Site Manager/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTJanuary 12, 2019
Good company to work for if you are looking to start a career in the Security field. They have a number of different Security related fields that people can work in.
This job help me get threw life
Security guard unarmed (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I started off with nothing my mom told me about the job of being a security guard and I never thought I would be a security guard but I just went and applied got my security license and next thing you know I'm security guard I went to my very first post end up loving and stay there for a whole year now I have a car a place of my own some money in my pocket
I had no problems
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I worked under a good Captain. Eveybody as a whole had a good attitude, were flexible and enjoyed working together as a whole. They had a friendly, collegial atmosphere at Securitas. with very little friction among colleagues.
Pros
Flexable management
Cons
G/4S had me take all kinds of test not just drugs but mental health ext
Great work please
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 10, 2019
You lean a lot on the job, get to travel the campus to watch the grounds. you had access to places most don't, you have to check in every 30 minutes, it was everything you should and would expect out of being a security guard.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Healthcare
No communication...at all
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 10, 2019
Pros:
-It's a really easy job, the post I was at all you did was walk around a parking lot.
-Lots of freedom if you're the only guard on site
-Flexible schedules
-Free Uniforms

Cons;
-Securitas does not use an electronic time clock system, so your hours will CONSTANTLY get messed up, as they use a physical handwritten time sheet. It's the main reason why I am leaving.
-No communication whatsoever, and half of the time supervisors don't answer their phones.
-No benefits for part time employees (but they aren't that great anyways)
-Bad pay. The site I was at paid me minimum wage.
Great foot in the door type company
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Working for Securitas is a great way to gain experience to advance to high paying security companies, if your state requires a license in order to be a security officer/ guard then they provide you with the necessary classes but take it out of your pay check if you cant pay for the class then and there

Want to know more about Securitas Security Services USA, Inc?

Ask a question
Left me with no employment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Force to relocate, and when i said i was not willing to relocate management did not offer another location. Forcing me to seek other employment. NOT FARE
N/a
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2019
N/a don’t have enough post , I wanted a full time post and I haven’t got a full time post since I been working here . Received less hours and was a rover for over peoples call offs
Decent work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2019
The job it self is great for someone just starting out or going to college and in need of extra cash. But sadly for me having a family it just didnt pay enough. I worked for securitas for 4 1/2 years and each year was promised a pay raise that never came.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Didnt pay enough
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 8, 2019
I have met a lot of good interesting people on my job, and my supervisor is really nice and hardworking.
The hardest part of my job is telling some workers who are not allowed into the building anymore that they are not allowed in the building, because I might have to get the cops involved.
Management was very hands-off
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 7, 2019
Work was fine and very malleable but it was hard to reach supervisors and such over the phone. It seemed a bit disorganized. Pay was reasonable but some officers were over-burdended.
Pros
Variety of hours and locations.
Cons
Hard to contact those in charge.
Great PLace
Costumer Service, Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 6, 2019
They help you get your guard license and training. They have a lot of posts all over, so you should be able to find a location near you. You can also take a post, then when one closer to your house comes up its easy to transfer.
Pros
flexible hours, shifts, locations
Cons
pays low, management can be too intense.
Perfect part time income
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Very laid back job. Great for someone looking for additional income to a main income source. Trained by people who are knowledgeable at the small things that’s required.
Not a bad place to work
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Find a good site to work at once found stay there alot of accounts are not full time so if your assigned one stay put. They change supervisors and managers very often.
A good place to work but with problems
Contract Security Officer and Building Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 5, 2019
It seems to be that at Securitas promotion is based solely on your relationship with the Regional Managers (such as Chuck Laitenin, as an example only). Thus many of the Account Managers/Site Supervisors are incompetent. The last Account Manager that I worked for was frequently absent from the account, spent no more than 6 on site on any day and was, worse yet, a bully. His position was owed almost entirely to his relationship with his boss. Furthermore, he hired friends of his, at least one of which had a criminal background and bragged about it while at work. This was the second account that I worked with this supervisor and he was the same at both accounts.
Pros
Free training
Cons
See above
An okay place to work
Parking Lot Security Officer; Colliers (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2019
My last site I was working, it was an outside site with no weather protection. If it was raining or cold outside, I still had to be outside no matter what the weather was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.

Powered by Comparably