Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

Found 3,975 reviews matching the search See all 4,317 reviews
Enjoyable
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 20, 2018
Very on you’re feet job always in the alert you have to be willing to be in all types of weather for work here very good co workers a different experience more than anything
Pros
Good over time
Cons
Stand post is guard don’t show
slow
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Really a lazy and redundant job the does not require any the talent that is presented. I think the biggest failing was the managment the was not concerned with the employees
Pros
decent pay
Cons
difficult management
I learned a great deal
Receptionist/HR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Securitas. I worked there as an intern, and learned a lot, which has helped me throughout my job history. I would have loved to have continued to work there.
ok place gto work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2018
securitas was ok. not much room for advancement unless you were a favorite. some drama but that's with any job. worked for them for 7 years and when the lost the contract they never told their officers.
Pros
pay check
Cons
management
All depends on where they send you
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 19, 2018
The job it self is pretty easy and pays okay. It really all depends on what site they send you to. You will not deal much with Securitas itself but the contractor and most treat you as disposable.
Unsupprtive, demanding
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 19, 2018
Really depends on what site you get assigned to. Some account managers are better then others. Upper management usually has no clue how accounts work. High demand for working tons of overtime. Most of the time you are not asked to work overtime you are told. You've world revolves around them even as a part timer or someone with another job.
Competive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  in the areaSeptember 19, 2018
I worked for the company as a fill in job,it was a lot of work and a lot of walking around the bldg .i understand that the bldg needed to be secure all of the time
Pros
pay
Cons
some
Fast and slow
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Average work day usually starts a little slow with bursts of fast/time consuming visitors, contractors, trucks, ships and paperwork.
Overall you got down time in between working.
Pros
Usually had enough time do everything and more
Cons
No breaks, you eat and etc when it's slow
Securitas Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This is a company that takes their security clients very seriously and works to maintain the best service in the security industry. uniforms are to be maintained neat and clean. Uniforms and ID tags must be worn at all times on duty.
Pros
easy company to work for
Cons
usualy nites
Security is a very slow pace job I like working for this company because the events an you get to work around people and checking for weapons an etc..
Secure building property (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2018
If work doing security for securitas make sure you have a drivers license for a better position I didn’t like how ruled some of the co workers are but I ignored the non sense an just did my job
Top-Quality Guard Service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CA 92078September 18, 2018
This company has excellent management. The schedulers are always easy to contact and they resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time. Good training with their ACT I-V modules. The uniforms are attractive, comfortable, and well-made (the jackets have liners and actually keep you warm in the winter!) In addition, Securitas Security usually has the better guard posts in commercial and industrial facilities.
Pros
Good management and fair pay
Cons
Did not offer armed security posts while I worked for Securitas.
Standard Contract Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2018
Depending on if you find yourself working for a specific contract or are a "floater" life can be very different. Specific contract work falls in line with a standard security job. Most are full-time with set hours. Floaters can be called upon at a moments notice with unpredictable hours having to show up to a site the Officer may have never been to before, and expected fit right in. Pay is competitive in the field, mostly depending on job location, and company with contract. OT is usually available at most job sites.
They don’t appreciate their workers.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  DetroitSeptember 18, 2018
They don’t appreciate their officers. They have this high expectation but they don’t want to pay anybody. The client of the site I work at pays my district manager $13.00 hr for officers but securitas only gives us 11.25 hr, and barley offers overtime.
Pros
Set schedule.
Cons
Poor pay.
working
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 17, 2018
idk what they want me to write i really do not have anything not quite sure what else to write here but i evidenlty had to write something to make them happy
The quality of the job depends on where you are posted
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Generally speaking, the quality of your job will depend on your posting and by extension, the management in charge there. I had a handful of really bad postings and several decent ones. Overall you have to be very vocal with upper management in order to avoid bad sites.
They need people
Mobile Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2018
It's a place to work.
They will hire you and probably give you a place to work. It will have some pros but it is best suited for fresh high school grads and retired military personnel. Varies for state and wildly from post to post.
Good Place for Starting Out and Advancing
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VASeptember 17, 2018
Securitas is a wonderful place to be hired and trained in security. They provide extensive in-house training, and have a continuous learning program designed to help employees advance throughout the company. There are even opportunities for relocation. Their uniforms vary based on job sites, but everything is provided with the exception of tactical boots. Management varies depending on what site you're placed at, but overall the corporate management is friendly and helpful. You have to stay on top of payroll, as there were many times I experienced an accidental pay decrease and had to have my paycheck fixed. However, it appeared to be a system error as they payroll manager was always friendly and quick to correct the problem. I'm hoping this issue has since been resolved. I would likely still be working with this company if my security contract had not been transferred to someone else.
Pros
Great training, room for advancement, uniforms provided
Cons
Contracts may transfer
Fast paced with long nights
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 16, 2018
As a patrol officer, you are expected to pull your own weight. Your supervisor is always a call away to help or answer questions. Work itself was not hard, but a lot was expected to be done in a night, sometimes worked through breaks and lunches to get everything done and ensure the customer was happy. I think the company promises too much to it's clients. Overall pay was low for the work expected in a night, but the benefits are great. Supervisors aren't paid much more than regular officers.
Pros
Benefits, supervisors
Cons
low pay for hard work, supervisors don't get paid enough for the work they do
If you are a favorite or relative you'll have it made
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Parker Dam, CASeptember 16, 2018
Management and Human Resources are a joke. If you complain that supervisors and their favorite people blatantly disregard the rules you are black listed and watched like a hawk. My advise is keep your head low and your mouth shut. Do your job even when others are not! Don't make the same mistake I did by thinking you could make this place a fair and professional place to work. You can't! It doesn't matter how professional you are in you performance of your job, how much you care about your appearance, or how dependable your are, if you make waves YOU'RE OUT!
Pros
All the pros in the world if you are a favorite
Cons
Poor management and Human Resources are jokes.
Is ok to work here
Corporate Security Officer (cso ) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 16, 2018
I ok to work at security tas but is very thought to advance and in some site you must be very competitive and Demanding. The work environment can and might become stressful in some sites management is hardly willing to promote and very littlte motivation.
Pros
Permanent job and great benefits
Cons
You would not advance as easy and management won’t work with you .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

39out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.

Powered by Comparably