Read 21 answers
Your prior experience only really affects your starting pay. I had no experience in security and got paid $9/hour. The guy I did orientation with worked as a security guard for a few months at a different location and they started him at $10.50. From what I remember of the hiring process, it seemed like they just needed bodies. The "interview questions" were almost all questions covered in the application or availability questions.
I've seen where correctional officers have difficulties adjusting to a customer oriented role.
It is important to be professional, approachable, courtious and respectful of everyone you come in contact with.
With that said, your approach with a subject will best be served if you work to deescalate volatile situations. We are not able to detain or physically engage subjects over property violations.
I think most sites youre not even a guard youre a secretary so they just look for good customer service skills
They hire anyone who applies irrespective of your criminal background, which will conflict with state guard license requirements.
They do not respect your prior work experiences.
This company will hire anyone with no experience. They hire to just fill a post to cover and make money. Poor management and training.
Sercurity , Are In Cleaning Offices
I have an 6 year experience
You can be a high school drop out. Hooked on crack and still get hired with this company.
Yes , having correctional officer experience would be helpful.
- What would you suggest Securitas management do to prevent others from leaving?89 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Securitas?48 people answered
- Do they train you for a guard card45 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Securitas?41 people answered
- Does securitas pat weekly or bi-weekly?37 people answered
- How are the working hours at Securitas?31 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Securitas a better place to work?27 people answered
- How flexible are your working hours at Securitas?26 people answered
- Does having a college degree automatically provide an increase in hourly wage?26 people answered
- What is a typical day like for you at Securitas?24 people answered