Hire more competent Home Office staff. Documented report of security officer intoxication with no action. Upper management politics is way out of control. Home Office routinely places incompetent site-management in those positions. HR & Regional management listens to site-management, they are generally the problem, and does not consult with individual security officers who have to deal with the incompetence. No where to turn to report HR, Regional Management or Site-Management to better the working conditions. Management buries the issues and pretend they don't exist. Where does one go to report this behavior and get it rectified?
When you're at the bottom there's nowhere to go but up. When you have a sexist who is old as time running the place there's only room for improvement.
List the paid holidays in the handbook and in every securitas post where it is visible to all employees. The company treats this information like it is a secret so that they can pay the officers as they choose.
I would implement companies that not only supports the mission/clients but also some that inherently effects the wealthful and motivation of the company. I would conduct leadership training quarterly and keep an open door policy with the expectation the issue wouldn't be handled at the lowest level. I would personal show up to random locations and talk to employees on the ground level to address climate and health and welfare issues. I would delegate to local managements to mandate a fun, family function with open suggestions to better cohesive team building.
Give yearly raises. Have more flex officer's so you don't over work employees. Make one person be on mandatory on call everyday is case someone does call off. Rotate holidays for the guards.
Be a good listener and be not standoffish. Alwase be there for everyone.
Ensure management performs better, branch managers and above.
Hire compotent and friendly Supervisors in all areas, like me willing to train new guards in customer service and how to read body language, Go to each site in my district and discuss any difficulties the guard was having, Show the guard danger areas on their site, when and if to call local law enforcement, spend as much time needed for guard to feel comfortable and always be available to the guards in my district for advice Or in emergency, be there ASAP.
I would ensure that officers get paid on time,have a number of pairs of uniform,have adequate logistics and few hours of with enough man power to enhance vigil all the time
To ensure that everything is done in order, so that people will respect the organization.
- What would you suggest Securitas management do to prevent others from leaving?87 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Securitas?48 people answered
- Do they train you for a guard card45 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Securitas?40 people answered
- Does securitas pat weekly or bi-weekly?37 people answered
- How are the working hours at Securitas?30 people answered
- Does having a college degree automatically provide an increase in hourly wage?26 people answered
- How flexible are your working hours at Securitas?25 people answered
- What is a typical day like for you at Securitas?23 people answered
- Do they pay weekly?21 people answered