Securitas Employee Reviews

1978
Found 6,357 reviews matching the search See all 9,090 reviews
Worst
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJuly 15, 2018
They do not value their employees! They view there employees as being disposable. From what I’ve seen it’s a bit of a revolving door. I wouldn’t recommend applying unless your desperate for a job!
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Just a job till you could find something better
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 14, 2018
Easy job, but could be stressful for what contract you are doing. I got paid minimum wage working 50 plus hours a week. Have no healthcare unless you want to pay 300 a month. Didn't get paid enough to afford it. So no healthcare, low wages, and no paid vacations. A nice job to relax your body, if you feel over worked else where. Also no advancements.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Low wages, can't afford the healthcare that they provide, no paid vacations, no advancements
Bad
Office (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2018
Management and HR are horrible. They are very dysfunctional, they could care less about their employees, their is a hurriedness disregard for communication.
Horrible
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and LabradorJuly 13, 2018
Given my time back, I would not have applied, nor would I have chosen to work for a company like this one. The environment is very toxic, supervisors are more like baby sitters with no authority and upper management looks the other way all to often.
Pros
Pay
No room for growth
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
I have been their for 4 years now and I am still just a guard making the same 10.00 an hour. I have not got a raise since April of 2015, and my hours are all over the place, which limits my time with my family.
Pros
Paycheck as long as you work
Cons
No growth
Summary
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 13, 2018
I currently enjoy working here its just the spot where I was placed isn't continuing with securitas as there security company so now I either have to get placed somewhere else making less money or find another company and job
flexible schedule
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 13, 2018
was a good place to work at, was ultimately a stepping stone to advance to next path. worked as a floater, never really knew where i would end up. job was not strenuous, spent a lot of time alone but some of the job sites were rather far.
Pros
A lot of time to yourself
Cons
A lot of driving at times
Great place to work!
Mobile Armed guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
Securitas was a very good company to work for!. They treat you fairly and they are very well orginized. Im sad I have to leave,however the staff and management is outstanding! They do value you as an officer and are willing to work around your schedule.
I highly reccomend securitas security services
Thank you guys for everything!

Adam-
Pros
Excellent staff and officers
Steady work enviroment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJuly 12, 2018
Depending on the site an officer is posted it is high paced or very relaxed. Perfect company for people starting in the work world because it teaches solid work skills at a slower pace.
Pros
Learning experience.
Cons
Low wages
Productive place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 12, 2018
Securitas provide everyone with a uninform you had to wear while working for them. I had to do reports every hour of the patrols I did. There was a lot of walking.
Pros
Outdoor working
Cons
Wear uniform in hot weather
Strictly a work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Monitoring people to see if they are stealing from store. Making sure no fires break out or no leaks coming from pipes. Focusing on avoiding property damage.
A standard security company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 11, 2018
This job helped me pay the bills after honorably separating from the US Air Force. The staff was fair and they generally hired solid employees. Good overall experience.
Pros
Easy work, responsive admin
Cons
low pay, boredom
sucks
Guard (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
Management is self serve only. Does not work with employees, and don't care of there benefits. Will not cover shifts when needed and has favorites. .
If you really need a quick job for income
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
you wont get a raise and if you do you better hope they don't lose the contract if so where ever they place you that's the pay you will receive and they don't show appreciation to workers .
Cons
under paid, no raise
get work place
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 11, 2018
they gave a a opportunity to have a road manager position, I was afforded the freedom to manage officers and other supervisors based on my skills and company rules and regulations.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
hours
It was a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 11, 2018
Typical day was badging in guest and employees , ordering new badges for new employees if they didn't have one already. Didn't learn anything that would advance my career.
Lots of free time
Security Officer at Brentag (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 11, 2018
A lot of down time, make sure you have unlimited internet on your phone. Only problem I had with company is they didn't forewarn you when you were required to stay over. It would be shift change and no one would show up, you call supervisor and then you are told you need to stay til such-and-such.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Free time
Stressful and underappreciated
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 11, 2018
Securitas is a high job security company depending on the site you work. However their management and benefits are poor and they commonly do not look out for their employees. Getting time off is difficult and they pay you for a week's vacation, but don't actually GIVE you a week's vacation.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay, does appreciate employees, poor management
productive and demanding work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work consists of monitoring cameras and monitoring my site two times on foot during a patrol. I also have to re watch recorded film and determine that activity is normal and passes inspection. I learned from this job to be a lot more organized and made my interpersonal skills better. The workplace culture is easy going once you get the hang of your expectations and you know all the rules so you can enforce them, but vigorous because your the only guard on shift so everything falls on you. I would prefer to work with other people, I work best working as a team and getting the wok done efficiently.
Pros
working close to home
Cons
benfits, no sick days, low wages, and working alone
Started off as a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 11, 2018
Started off as a good company to work for until management changed and cut a lot of employees hours to 10 hours a week and placing half of the employees to a on call position