Play YouTube video button

Securitas Employee Reviews

United States15,047 reviews
Found 15,047 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Securitas selected this as a representative review
A typical work day included relieving fellow officer, reading pass down notes, performing duties as stated in the post orders.

I learned every site was different.

Management could not have been better, I had a really good supervisor and scheduling manager would always work with what I needed.

My favorite part of the job was the job itself, I was a security officer looking out for peoples safety and the protecting the property.

Shift's: 8,10,12,14hr
Pros
Works with you schedule
Cons
Not enough Flex officers to cover shifts
Securitas is just another run-of-the-mill security company. Pay is about what you would expect for the type of work you do. Management can be a bit sketchy when it comes to time off requests, even when hardly request it.
Pros
Decent pay for simple work
Cons
Requesting time off is a hassle
In terms of contract security, Securitas is an outstanding company. You can depend on support at the branch level. They provide abundant training, tools, and support necessary to succeed.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Contract security
My wife Chinese so they refused time off for her burial

Forced me to work when extremely distraught over wife’s death with a loaded 9mm lucky I survived

They fired me for a comment made in a stolen phone.

You have no rights of your own
Pros
see narrative
Cons
Will punish you for personal life, will spy on your cellphone
best work experience for a beginner
Everyone just take example of the management from NY securitas. They're very organized and reliable. Top notch leadership
Pros
best management experience
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
being on call 24 7 made doing things difficult. Calls at all hours of the night to report to work and no support from management. 70hr weeks the pay was decent but I was always worn out.
In my experience as an employee I’ve realized this is not a job or a company to make a career of, sites are a mixed bag.. some are good... some are bad... some are very ugly... They will never be honest with you about anything, and sometimes show significant incompetence, it’s steady full time job but it’s steady pay but always make sure to watch your money and time because mistakes happen because they have never moved past the days of pen and paper time sheets, meaning no real deal correct time just around about ..All in all it’s a job not the best not the worst but it all comes down to site
Pros
Pay, never the same job twice between sites, possible stress
Cons
Sometimes not paid accurately, dishonest management
This company and other security companies don't care about you as a person, you are just another body. Don't even get me started on the pay for these positions. They have the nerve to ask for qualifications but pay you 10-11 an hour, don't waste your time.
Pros
zero
Cons
Everything.
Great if you like working alone with no one to communicate with in unsafe conditions without any supervision or persons to call in an emergency
Very poor training
Pros
Total solitude
Cons
Very unsafe
The client demands can change daily. But its security so that comes with the territory. Health insurance is the most expensive I've ever had. Not many options.
Pretty decent place to work, good management, decent hours. The rest of the stuff im trying is to meet the minimum word requirement so I can read other reviews.
If you want to sit for 12 hours and do absolutely nothing but walk around once an hour, go for it. If you want to be called in every day because someone called out, go for it. They have no respect for your personal life. They expect you yo drop everything to work a non scheduled shift. And how dare you get sick and cant show up. I hated it there. Management talks to you any kind of way
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Awful pay, awful management, boring job
Management is rude and unhelpful. They do not care about there employees. All the great sites are given to selective group of people regardless to experience.
Pros
Cons
no growth what so ever
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. Didn’t get paid for OT, no pto or sick time, and never received a final check. Had to file with the labor board against them since they refused to help me out.
Securitas l work at the company for 30 years and was treated badly securitas is the worst company to work for they don't want to pay they mess up your paycheck and they will take money from you I don't like that company and I hope that company fails because the way they treat offices they do not care about offices only to put them at site to get money and that's it.
Cons
Health care was too expensive
It’s a very good day my schedule set and my hours are set I drive lots of miles from home to work and then from work to home and I’ll pays off good money
Pros
It’s a good place to work for
Cons
The only bad part about this company is that they don’t have a homebase in my area
Not a good company to work for your overly worked and under paid if you take a day off or go home early for health issues you need to bring a Doctor notice even if your out for only one day Im out when I find a new JOB
Working for securitas was a really good experience I've worked for them in a couple different places and I also would recommend working for them again
Pros
Great pay, great hours, and always stayed busy
Cons
The commute to and from work
Securitas was the best company I work for honestly good management as well as made sure the employees where goood on the site they where ask to work at I really miss this company I wish I could started back
Very easy job with decent pay for the responsibilities that you are required to preform. They do offer health insurance but it is expensive and not good insurance.
It's ok if you like to patrol on foot/mobile and make sure areas of site is tight and secured. Site I work at is easy and enjoyable to get custom to..
Pros
Easy money
Cons
No pto/vacation time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6K
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.