Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 6,884 reviews matching the search See all 9,911 reviews
alright work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 27, 2018
I would come into work and ask if they're were any pass downs of what was needed for the rest of the the shift. I learned to always be alert when on the job because anything can happen. The bosses were ok, never got to know them that well. The workplace had a slow and fast pace regarding how many people would show up during the day. Hardest part of the job was keeping track of who would come in and out of the facility because the cameras would always break down. The enjoyable part was being able to communicate with everyone and letting them know what was going on throughout the day and if they needed assistance with anything.
Pros
being able to get some fresh air once in a while on my shifts
Cons
it was only a one man job
Five Years In, Lessons Learned
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2019
I worked for Securitas for 5 years, and if you're wanting to get your foot in the door in the security industry and possibly advance to other jobs, then it's best to find a site that's had a stable contract and not too many guards. Bigger sites may pay more, but they often have upheavals or contract bids that will make things more hectic. There are no pay raises if contract renegotiations don't take place, and those usually mean pay cuts, so site supervisors don't like to make those bids again.
serve and protect
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2019
We protect major facilities including high-rise commercial buildings, manufacturing facilities, banks, industrial parks, construction sites, museums, municipal buildings, government facilities.

“Government and corporate entities trust Harmon Security Group LLC. to protect their facilities and personnel from categorical threat causalities. Harmon Security Group is a premium provider of security guard services dispatching CLEET Certified armed and unarmedsecurity officers for all industries and organizations.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great job for students
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJ 08837January 8, 2019
A typical day at work is well with a productive and positive atmosphere. At Securitas I learned different techniques on how to be more alert than what I already was. Management is good and easy to get in contact with. The workplace culture is great and up to par with daily duties. Fortunately, Securitas is very easy. The most enjoyable part of Securitas is that, they work well with each individual and try their best to compromise. Securitas is great for a college student.
Cons
There is no room for advancement. Those who have worked with securitas for 6 years+, still earn the same amount from when they started. The benefits can be a lot better.
Horrible management and horrible pay
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 16, 2018
Horrible management in general. They generally were very poor in communicating with our clients, despite I was praised on my work ethic by our clients. Absolute horrible pay, no communication over when I was to receive my benefits (which they never sent the package for me to sign up for it), and management constantly acted immature and unprofessional. I will warn everyone and anyone to never work for them in the future.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Horrible company in general
Relaxed place where you aren't bothered too much.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 2, 2019
Securitas is a pretty relaxed and chill place to work at. You don't get bothered by people often at all. A typical day consists of monitoring cameras, doing patrols, and hitting points throughout the sight. The job itself is not hard or stressful. The management are good for the places I have pulled security at. The hardest part of the job is staying awake when you are sitting in a chair for hours on end watching monitors. The most enjoyable part is when you get to relax and not be bothered and do your patrols how you would like to.
Pros
Relaxed setting, different sites available, different shifts
Cons
Long hours occasionally, picking up what the previous shift didn't cover.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 3, 2019
The sad news is that unless you are hired directly into one of the corporate offices, you will experience no satisfying career advancement. I suppose, if you were to start out as a new site employee, you might find some satisfaction by slooowly climbing through the ranks, but don't bet on it. The lower the position, the more frequent the turn over.
You do not get vacation. You get a 'check' on your anniversary that is supposed to be for a week... unless you work less than your annual scheduled hours. If you ever need a day off it will have a negative financial impact, twice. You don't get paid for not being there and your annual check is lessened because you took time off.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed meeting new people of all ethnic group. The hardest part of the job is when others demanding me to do things that was not job related and would get upset and start conflict. In addition, when upper management did not convey the correct information.

What I learned management, how to be accountable and responsible for my actions. The workplace culture was well diversified.

A typical day at work was enjoyable as well as meeting new people.
Pros
Insufficient work hours
Cons
Great location to work
Flies by smoothly
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30907January 11, 2019
On a typical work day time seems to fly by fast and smoothly.While on shift the hardest parts are sitting/ standing for 12+ hours daily, sometime you may not get to sit down for up to four hours, and it only takes a major toll on your body because you stand in one area for just about your whole shift. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming to be put into the position of the protector when you have no weapon of protection.
Cons
No breaks-full 12 hour shifts, sitting/standing for long periods of time depending location given
good company but no room for promotion
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 13, 2018
Manage security personnel at multiple sites (35). Perform post inspections to ensure post orders are being met for each site. Complete administrative duties including, providing employees for temporary contractors that have security needs, lead on the startup of new contract including creating a complete schedule and placing all personnel for hours anywhere from 168 to 700+ HPW, complete payroll on a weekly basis for a total of 8,000 hours and 200+ employees, involvement with invoice handling as well as client relations, First point of contact for upper management department 24 hours 7 days a week for 200 + employees to assist with any company needs
Pros
structure
Cons
No Time off
Best and worst thing
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
When I first signed on with securitas I thought ok I’ll be here for a while I like the vibe I like what they are offering etc etc. While in orientation we were all asked if we would like to go to Utah to prepare for their union workers strike. And we’re told that any jobs we sign up for would be held for us. (Wasn’t true). We went to Utah everything paid for and at this point we’re all saying this the best company etc etc, stayed in Utah for a week. Then we came back everybody’s checks were different nobody had jobs it was a mess.
Cons
Very inconsistent
A place to work while a student
Security Guard (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CADecember 4, 2018
Not conducive to a stable home life. The pay is not enough for what is expected. Management does not listen to site supervisors about the conditions of a work site. Supervisors are more often than not, unprofessional and unorganized. Its a job that is better to work at than fast food, and the guards are unsupervised. No proper enforcement of dress codes or personal appearance. Overall, if one is a student and needs some extra cash, then this is the place to work. Does not meet my own personal standards.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, unorganized, unprofessional
Not a good company at least where I worked.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 30, 2018
I worked in Muskegon in the healthcare field. Pay was absolutely terrible for dealing with the issues we did. Management is a joke along with the company. The director has no clue what he is doing, senior leadership of the hospital doesn't care about the Officers safety, you have to deal with fights, bodily fluid, and nothing but rude people all day, for poor money. It's crazy the things I have seen and had to do. All for a bad company. Not worth going to.
Pros
Met some cool Officers.
Cons
Management, pay, job, everyything.
Horrible Management
SECURITY GUARD, US SECURITIES (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 29, 2018
Does not pay the best so you get bottom of the barrel employees that do not want to work. Have to do everyone else job for them and remain getting paid the same regardless, management is a joke, they promote the useless employees that do nothing and treat the good hard working employees horribly. There is nothing you can be fired for from Securitas regardless of what the handbook states and this includes management that threatens employees working beneath them. You are over worked like a slave because employees are constantly calling in especially on the weekends so the company forces you to work 16hr shifts when this happens.
Pros
hires anyone
Cons
terrible management
fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CADecember 29, 2018
I worked at a warehouse guarding the front gate checking ID badges and allowing trucks to enter the compound. I mainly worked the graveyard shift which didnt fit well with my sleeping schedule and i would occasionally work swing shift during the weekends which again was incredibly a hassel. I did enjoy the company of those who worked at the warehouse very polite and never caused any problems.
Pros
close to home, great co-workers
Cons
hours.
Only the company makes money
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKNovember 25, 2018
Securitas is a job better than working fast food. The company sucks all they do is give you a geek looking uniform and take half of your pay. All contract security companies suck securitas don't give you anything health insurance is expensive cost more to have than I made. The top managers don't care if a person works all day and night as long as the hours are covered. I think all they care about is making money off their employees.
Pros
Exercise good place to learn security
Cons
No breaks no paid holidays easy to get promoted
Very confusing and to much going on behind the scenes.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Rumford, MENovember 26, 2018
The day began at 5:00 am. After unlocking all the doors and getting the computer systems up and running, it would be time to start signing in the trucks.My duty was to open and close the gate so that trucks could go into the yard. Working as a guard at a Paper Mill had some difficult situations that one would need to keep an eye out for because most of the trucks carried a type of chemical. Also while on duty, I would have to call to the upper gate with updates, check in guests and visitors and ensure the safety of the employee's.
Good job if you need a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Securitas is an alright company to work for, but for the average security officer it is just a paycheck. The pay usually given does not meet the pay needed to survive on alone, so you would need an additional income somehow. The work performed can vary and can be very busy or very slow. Most sites in my area are fairly nice. Securitas or other security jobs can be a good way to learn about the law enforcement field if it interest you. You also learn about customer service although most wouldn't consider think of this. For me it was easy enough even if the pay wasn't great. I don't really have any opinion on management, although I can tell you that I did like my immediate supervisor. I have no complaints.
Pros
Usually stress free
Cons
pay and working weekends
What a Joke!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 19, 2018
This company “hired” me on the spot and told me I will be working at a particular site. They had me complete training, which they told me it would be unpaid after I completed it, and go to orientation after my background check to three weeks to clear . Hey set an orientation from 8am and stayed until almost 6pm only for them to question the person who originally hired me, literally staying, “wow, I don’t know why she said I had any positions that fit your availability (graveyard, typically a highly needed schedule) we won’t be able to place you.” I spent 3 WEEKS thinking I had a secured job that never existed going to a 3 day training, committing to a company who doesn’t have their stuff together. Worst experience ever.
Cons
enjoy working with my co worker and with a lot of people. work culture is good
Security officer/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
give a list of expectation everyday of work.
review previous day before stating work day.
go over safety equipment location.
report to immediate supervisor about incident.
monitor areas every 15 minutes
review bathroom
location of emt personal during games
Pros
learning is daily
Cons
break time far from where i was working. short break time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K