Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 12,465 reviews matching the search See all 16,159 reviews
Featured review
Securitas selected this as a representative review
My review over Securitas
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2019
A typical work day included relieving fellow officer, reading pass down notes, performing duties as stated in the post orders.

I learned every site was different.

Management could not have been better, I had a really good supervisor and scheduling manager would always work with what I needed.

My favorite part of the job was the job itself, I was a security officer looking out for peoples safety and the protecting the property.

Shift's: 8,10,12,14hr
Pros
Works with you schedule
Cons
Not enough Flex officers to cover shifts
Security Guards Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 18, 2019
A typical day at work was that i check ids, lock and unlocked doors, and take employees up for drugs test and interviews. I really did enjoy this job very much .
Was greatly impressed with the training they gave me and was prepared for the field.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2019
Working at different sites improved to my verse knowledge and interaction with different clients was amazing experience. Being at different buildings helped me expand my future career endevours.
Pros
There is great room for promotion.
Cons
Lack of enough work hours.
It's a job.
SECURITY FLEX OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 18, 2019
Limited opportunity for advancement. Sneaky coworkers and management. No steady shifts. (1st, 2nd and 3rd all in one week). Dead end job. Fatuous, favoritism, lack of professionalism.
Pros
Sit down at work
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
If you can find a good place it can be a great job.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 18, 2019
It was ok when I first started was on call. Got a spot less than a month that job shut down with no warning ended up getting another gig on default with good hours and schedule and then hours got cut to fit someone else in. I've had enough of the not knowing what's up.
Pros
Provide uniforms
Cons
No steady work
Dont waste life
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 18, 2019
Better to go homelessthan to waste 3 or 4 months of your life working yourself half to death for no reason at all

In fact, the harder you work here the more life wasted because like high school girls, the hatder you try the less they'll want you.
Pros
Only, only a scam / pyramid scheme
Cons
Only, only a scam / pyramid scheme
It would all depend on the site you worked at, and the managers they were set in place.
Port and terminal security officer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2019
Worked with Securitas in different locations, Maine, Virginia, and both places had great supervisors. And pay was decent for the task that I did. Was able to move up if needed or wanted.
Pros
They made sure you were trained
Cons
Some communication issues with corporate
No real room for advancement.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 17, 2019
You do not get to voice any complaints about the company or you will be reassigned to very unfavorable post and moving shifts. Your hours will be reduced.
Pros
Cons
TGoo many to list
Low Pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 17, 2019
I would have to say securitas is the lowest paid security company in NWLA they are not even trying to keep up with how much other guards get paid to make a living they are too busy worried about making more money for the higher ups and the employees have low morale to the point that they dont care how they look or how they talk to people anymore aver guards get paid between 10-15 an hour with supervisors getting the 15 yet securitas lowest paid guards are just now getting paid 9 and hour from 8 an hour they might as well work at a fast food place to get paid more.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, not worth it
productiv an nice company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 17, 2019
Help keep people on there job safe and good to work for .Help you when you need it.Have a lot of company to help keep people safe, a good company to work for.
Longest position requires securing the building by checking all office suites are locked. Main interest doors are locked after hours and direct ing v
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2019
Excellent experience, hardest part of job is dealing with event guess that are intoxicated. Best part is greeting and assisting guess, monitoring security system. When needed assisting staff when needed, reporting any situation to police department if any, foot protroling outside building and parking lot.
Securitas will allow you to grow if the opportunities presents itselfs
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 17, 2019
Securitas has allowed me to manage at several high profile companies with includes JBS, Norton Healthcare, and Anthem. along the way i was allowed to go to several instructors schools Crisis Prevention Intervention which helped with dealing with combative patients.
This job is not a very good place for younger employees to advance
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 17, 2019
This job expects you to give your life away, and in order to advance you need to be 25+ years of age. Military experience is a plus, but if you don't have it you are less likely to get an interview, and even less likely to get a promotion. This job will not work with you on getting a different shift, and after training you are stuck with whatever off days they give you. You are looked down upon for not being available for overtime, and could even be fired for it. As a young adult this job is a no go, if you're looking for a serious career, and even less so for your social life.
Slow paced, Routine heavy
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 17, 2019
The job was easy to learn and do. Had to do security checks, checking doors, locks, gate, looking for anything out of place. I had to check in trucks where a was stationed but the job can change at what ever location you are at.
The worst
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 16, 2019
One of the worst companies to work for, they lie and force you to work extra hours. People constantly call out and there is no coverage . So if your working and the person calls out your stuck there for an entire extra shift with no warning. Low pay and your always getting threatened to get fired.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYJune 16, 2019
From the day to day the job is not very difficult. There are times when you get really busy but there is as lot of down time. You cant get complacent because it is important you are always ready for anything. When you have to do something it is absolutely imperative it be done right.
N/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2019
I believe the job was worth it if you do not want to work your way up. It is a basic job and simple at best. Hard to get fired if you are doing your job.
Fun
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2019
They are a good company overall I don’t really like the position I have now I had to relocate and they have no position for me so I only get called when someone calls off
the best company so far
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2019
this was my first security job they worked with me really well and they are very strict. you can also get a lot of overtime and its always room for advancement
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2019
Good company to work for, the pay wage isnt great but its a nice job. The managers are cool and understanding, people tend to call in a lot and we get no breaks which sucks.
Poor management and pay
Security Officer (armed) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 15, 2019
Pass-through job on the way to something better.
If you're a student you could find a great gig with lots of down time to do school work depending on the post.

Not many positive things to say about this run of the mill national security company. If you're a warm, living body, you fit the criteria to be hired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight