Securitas
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Securitas Employee Reviews

United States17,677 reviews

Found 17,677 reviews matching the searchSee all 23,509 reviews

Decent job for entering work force

Work life/culture is different depending on what site you are at. Policies and pay also vary site to site. The main Securitas office staff is difficult to get in contact with. No way to contact via email, no returned calls even after leaving messages. A lot of communication issues between employees and management. It is hard to advance further. It is not a bad place to work for those in-between jobs and those re-entering the work force.

Pros

decent pay, training

Cons

poor communication, changing policies

Don't expect much and you will do fine.

Expect to be in the field all the time if you are a technician. Do not expect help from management because they are usually overwhelmed. You will also need to do your own project managment if you are a tech. You are better off buying your own equipment. High expectations with low pay. If you have experience you will be pulled into other jobs that are not well managed and you will be expected to finish the job.

Pros

You are on your own

Cons

Many cons, a big company with not enough support.

Securitas insights

Based on 9,393 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Easy Job, Terrible Management/Supervisors

Honestly was a easy job at my post. Mainly behind a desk in the lobby of the building watching for badge scan activity and doing rounds walking around the building with the company smart phone to scan checkpoints. After your rounds you can pretty much relax and watch youtube/movies. Would also recommend bringing your own laptop for some school work or gaming to kill some time until your next rounds. Pro tip, do not use the company internet cable, they will find out and you will be terminated, just use their guest wifi.You'll also of course have to greet, help and escort employees and contractors but overall it is minimal at least for my post which was in a office environment. Main downside was the turn over rate and terrible scheduling from the supervisor. No call ins and if there somehow is then whoever is available is going to forced to work. Same idea goes for if someone doesn't show up to relieve you of your shift, then you are forced to stay unless your supervisor can get someone to cover for you. It just seems that when someone quits/leaves then the whole schedule is messed up for a couple weeks since the schedule is out at least 3 weeks in advance. So prepare to work overtime which is nice but can get pretty mundane when your working all the time.Conclusion, easy job and little customer service at a office setting. Walking rounds to get you some exercise and good downtime to do whatever you want but prepare for some terrible scheduling that may force you to work more days then you want.

Rethink working for this company

You could forget about job security working for this company. Management does not communicate effectively and Supervisor’s knowledge of the job description is null and void. Therefore, you look crazy to the people holding the contract.

Interesting company

I worked in the dispatching center at OGG airport and honestly, I worked with some of the funniest/knowledgeable people in there. The only issue we as security officers have to deal with are the big ego's that the "LEO" have. They have the type of mentality where it's "You're just a regular officer and you listen to me" or "I can say whatever I want but you can't". I respect a lot of the LEO's in my shift because most of them were truly amazing but there is always a rotten apple in the bunch. It's a great place to be but don't let the LEO's walk all over you. I stood up to one of the LEO's and he eventually apologized and it never happened again. If you want respect from the LEO's, do your job well and do not let them talk down on you if you know you are right!

Ok until you can find something better.

No benefits, no compensation, poor management, and they wonder why no one stays and works here for long. Better off working someplace else for sure.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

No benefits, not employee friendly

Fun and easy, with a catch

Job is great and easy, it doesn't really matter what site you go to, as long as you are do your job and don't fall asleep. Management could use a little help but overall is working their best, only issue is the turn-over rate is high. so expect a lot of OT or none at all

Boring job and not paid enough to do it.

Don’t expect to be climbing the corporate ladder here. You’ll be lucky if you’re even allowed to get 40 hrs. Management doesn’t know what they are doing. Half the time they know less of what is going on than the regular security officers.

Terrible Training and Disorganized Management

PTO hours dissappear or suddenly become "negative," and management ignores correspondence that does not benefit them. They will hound you if they need a warm body to fill a shift, but be completely MIA when it comes to anything that doesn't benefit them in the moment. They screwed up my tax info and didn't add the information I provided to to my employee documents, even when they repeatedly requested (and received). It's like their office is haunted by a paper shredder. something to note- the website still says they offer education opportunities but they dont.

Nice supervisor and co workers

Descent company, not really any room for advancement and hourly wage sucks balls, will pay some people more money, while they pay you less while working same position, management is ok depending on site they put you at, worked there 15 years and still got paid the same as new hires

Dynamic, Solid Starter Career

Having been assigned to multiple locations as a swing-shift officer, there's a lot of benefits and a couple of downsides. I really enjoyed the starter wage of around 23 per hour, the experiences, and the expectation of being your own boss are the main upsides for me. Some downsides are occasional run-ins with site managers who have large egos, rapidly changing hours, and coworker dependability is an issue.

Pros

Pay is good, beneficial job experience, independence

Cons

Unprofessional Supervisors, irregular hours, coworker unreliability

The site is secure is very low key.

I have no issues with the site I'm assigned. Other than the last minute Saturday work shifts. I need more notice than a day. The DM for this company is a good guy. But he lacks good communication skills.

Cons

No lunch break at my sight 8.5 hr shift

Ok

12 an hour that is not okay being over 25 working for low pay. Supervisor could be better. The building I working is literally like working with mentally crazy people.I literally get along with a few of my coworkers. Do I trust them no being called on my off days not cool. Greatful to work just not happy with the situation.

Bad management

Not a place to be able to be heard for complaints and need better structure and more higher quality personnel management was rough people to be around

Overall Good Place to Work

At my post, management is good and works with security officers to provide a good work/life environment. Remember, you ultimately decide to accept or not accept this type of position knowing the scheduling requirements. There are no holidays off and you may be asked to cover shifts. This type of schesuling is no different than working in retail or food service.

Too Chaotic

Securitas has to be one of the worst jobs I have ever worked at. How things are managed is very poor. Times where people weren't getting paid on time for the hours they worked. Its not minimum wage no more but feels like the job should pay more for what they expect out of you.

Toxic work environment

If you want a career in security it is one of very few companies that no experience is required. That being said, it is a terrible company to stay in for longer than necessary. Very woke, very toxic workplace.

Pros

Easy to transfer to different postings.

Cons

No benefits worth mentioning.

Lousy management and they don't care about your home life.

Crude, lousy management with zero people skills. Wouldn't recommend it. HR complaints go nowhere because they wouldn't be able to replace even the worst of employees.

Flexible hours and overtime available

Flexible hours and easy overtime available. Work Locations is also very flexible as well. Duties are pretty easy depending on your location. But no benefits at all.

The company is flexible

I came in with one of the acquisitions so there's been a lot of adjustment over the past year and a half. There were a lot of people used to doing things the old way, but upper management was willing to shift to make sure business kept moving.

Not at all a professional company. Nor are they reliable enough to give full paychecks.

They always screw up paychecks aShorting hard working employees. Also, you are supposed to get a weeks vacation a year after hire. I went on vacation and the office did not tell me until I returned that they had only given me 26 hours instead of my full 40 that I was owed. Not a good company to work for in my opinion. Upper management definitely treats you like they are above speaking with you.

Common questions about Securitas

Answered by current and former employees at Securitas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas.
Powered byComparably