Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 6,535 reviews matching the search See all 9,359 reviews
Amazing company with great opportunity
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 17, 2018
Working for Securitas is a dream come true. Once I joined the company I was shown how to better myself not only as a Security officer but as a person. This company and those that they employ have a strong sense of self awareness that helps them to achieve the level of service that is known for them.
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSSeptember 17, 2018
I loved my site that I worked and co-workers .some of equipment needed in proved . Some times things got really busy with work that was fun. Alot of paper work with the job which I loved
Pros
Meet new people and worked a lone
Cons
Paid wasn't good
ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLSeptember 17, 2018
The job is great you get to meet so many people. I worked all over the company from driving, to foot patrol, the gate. The coworker are awesome and the pay fair.
Wilmington,Delaware
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 17, 2018
Be careful what you ask for...management really sneaky many family members throughout company, the best sites and money of course.Will lie cheat and steal to gain advantage of any circumstances.
Pros
Life Insurance
Cons
Everything else
Not a good compeny
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2018
They aren't a good company don't appreciate there employees just work you you and don't give incentives bad company around management never spoke with you and didn't feel apart of the team.
Pros
Cab get your gured card
Cons
Have to work grave yards
security work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 16, 2018
do not get breaks, always changing stuff every time you go into work very unorganized, i have learned a-lot about being a guard at the truck gate it is very busy and can get crazy
Pros
day shift
Cons
no breaks management
productive fast paced and can be fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 16, 2018
working at securitas was fun the clients were amazing and helpful it is a great place to work and grow if given the chance i would go back to work for them.
Need better pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Management is good. sites need better pay for jobs that we do. otherwise i wouldn't say anything is wrong with the company. very flexible on hours and home life.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Its a job
Security Guard (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
You don't know your schedule from one week to the next. you may be on 3rd shift and then the next following week you may be on 1st shift. If somebody calls off (not coming in) well I hope you didn't have any plans because you will be working that shift as well unless you can find somebody to come in. If you do work that shift expect your hours to be changed so they can prevent overtime, don't worry the person that called off will most likely be getting you hours. Don't trust anybody, you will be sorry in the end.
Pros
Pay is good for the job.
Cons
horrible management
Productive and a fun laid back company to work for
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2018
proffesional laid back company to work for
They also stand behind there employees.The branch manager are very nice.They also give you a 30 minute breaks and make sure you are comfortable
Growing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
With my last post, I was with them for a short period doing 1st & 2nd shift gatehouse. It was pretty relaxed but very fast-paced due to the kind of establishment.
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Its was horrible pay and management messed me over. They will used you for the job but they will cut you off anytime and will not try and find you another replacement site
Pros
Its a paying job
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 13, 2018
This was a good job it just included people who thought they could boss other employees around even though they were in the same rank. The schedules often changed without proper notice and the pay was minimum wage.
Cons
Very short breaks
no raises
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2018
this is an ok job if you dont care about advancements or raises. i was here for three years and never made more than 10 an hour. definitely better to go with another security company.
Not enough money
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLSeptember 13, 2018
No overtime, they give you hours that you don't want. They say the hours will change but they forget about you. They are very strict about wearing your uniform which is a good thing.
Pros
They don't
Cons
45 minute break
Stressful
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 12, 2018
It was a good experience glad to be apart of it . Great time for the first time having a job I appreciated the experience but it was a litte stressful
Pros
No pros
Cons
Stressful
Standing Watch
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 12, 2018
All of securitas' posts are simple sites. sit or stand and watch to make sure there is nothing wrong going on on site. the shift supervisors are understanding and willing to work with you on placement and hours.
Security
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Apalachin, NYSeptember 12, 2018
At the time I felt like this was one of the best security company. Their companies throughout the world. I can pay very well and will transfer but you get everything in writing
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
Need to get things in writing
Good baseline for security
Unarmed guard (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 11, 2018
Treatment is exactly the same as anywhere else, its capitalist and its tough. Stick with it and find a site you like over time and you will eventually come to love this job and will never want to leave.
They do not cover Olympia so I had to quit, regrettably. I very much enjoyed the work I did during my time with Securitas and if they ever extend to Olympia coverage area, I will make sure to be in touch.
Pros
Many sites in their coverage area. Pay spikes in certain areas and during some times of year.
Cons
Only office is in Bellevue so get used to regular visits to i90 and upper east side.
Just a job...Despite what they may say
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2018
Very little room for real advancement unless you get lucky or play the politics and supervisors at your site like you/branch likes you. Not a merit-based advancement system. Management at the branch level is not very responsive or helpful. Mainly driven by the need to bring in new business and retain current business. Officer needs come 2nd. Training is very superficial and not consistent. Easy to get lost in the mix.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K