Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 6,695 reviews matching the search See all 9,603 reviews
Seriousness and Fun
Event Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2018
Securitas is a good company and has good workers. Securitas has taught me so many things about security, on how to operate, inspections, and looking out for any bad activities during an event. The supervisors are so friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, gift cards for food
A lower type of security job
Supervisor/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 12, 2018
Depending on location, and management involvement, the atmosphere can be productive.
I learned how to write a daily log, learned how to manage associates while being productive and getting objectives done in a timely manner.
Management was hit/miss. My supervisor was rude, and condescending, whereas my district manager was somewhat helpful at times when he wasn't getting too involved with other business ventures he was predisposed with.
Workplace was office setting, very quiet.
Dealing with management
Being able to manage myself and others.
Securitas in Marlton NJ
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJNovember 12, 2018
Wow, I have never worked for a worse company! The managers were doing illegal things like forcing us to workm extra shifts when we told them we couldn't or just said "no". They don't care if you have kid(s). They don't care if you are sick or your kid(s) are sick. They don't care if you've been in an accident. They just want bodies and they will work you in literal sweatshop conditions. Low pay, garbage benefits, management is criminal (surprised noone has sued them yet). If noone shows up to relieve you, and you call the office, they will tell you "they are working on it". While you're waiting for relief, noone shows up. The office in Marlton, NJ does NOTHING. They have NO CLUE what they are doing, they are incompetent and real a-holes.
DO NOT WORK FOR SECURITAS! STAY FAR AWAY FROM IT! Unless you like being worked to death!
fast pate
Security Officer lll (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2018
the nicest part of the job was conducting my rounds in the security unit and patroling the premises and also conducting detex rounds.i also had times when i had to sit at the security desk and observe the c.c.t.v.
Location is key
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2018
I worked at a location in westborough MA. And it was the best work experience I ever had. Perfect management and great coworkers with steady work and good hours. The location in Greensboro NC. Was horrible. I Worked at a location in Jacksonville NC and the pay was low and the location had a different procedure than the company and there was no way to know which to follow. The management also had no planning skills and couldn't find replacements if people put there notice in even after two weeks
Boring
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
Nothing to compare it to. Boring lifestyle, they always want you to work as cheap as possible, no moving up the food chain. a low number or uncaring managers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
managers
Security, check ID's, Make security rounds..
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Flex Officer, many locationsNovember 11, 2018
It can be dangerous. You must be constantly alert and observant..
You must be at the job site and stay awake. You can't leave your post unless you are relieved. Securitas will work with you. They have an excellent scheduling manager.
Pros
Good time off without pay policy.
Cons
Really no good benifets.
A-OK not much to complain of just as being FIT enough to do the job ????
security officer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2018
Good Job if U do have what it TAKES; but there R many challenges there and good people there as long as U do what they hired U 4...

Time flys by at this place...
Pros
Good Jobs...
Cons
Cant Remember...
misrepresentation of job and hiring
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 10, 2018
I was hired under Armed security ad. i did 4 hour orientation, was told during training you get 7.00 or something like that while training. i used my car , my gas and drove from springfield to branson, worked worked 9.5 hours, 2 hours drive time 4 hours orientation, and was told i was hired as flex officer, which was another ad. i quit and they paid me for 5.75 hours at 7.85.
Pros
Cons
all
Poor management disciplined and let go due to other guard
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington ukNovember 10, 2018
I was in the gatehouse another guard went to reception and patrol but instead without my knowing he went to his car instead because I thought he was working I was blamed aswell suspended and fired for bringing the contract into disrepute the other guard had done it previously before I started I wasnt warned or told
Pros
Poor management
Cons
Plenty hours

Want to know more about Securitas?

Ask a question
Starter job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 9, 2018
Great place to get experience. Good employees...
Management was ok most of the time,
Company parties were fun
Pay was not good and the job was not that great
Pros
experiance
Cons
not much
A typical day at work
Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2018
I learned how to stand for 7 straight hours. It was an easy job but yet kind of stressful. Some Managers where understanding some wasn't, they had alot of overtime hours.
Dont work at South Milwaukee, WI Caterpillar site
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2018
It's all bad don't do it No respect or value for employee, low pay no raises after 3 years working. Too much overtime unexpectedly, no work and life balance, the pay sucks bad.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay salary, no sick days or personal, unexpected overtime, no work and life balance, and health and dental suck, account manager no experience or professionalism
Productive fun work place
us associate security officer (Former Employee) –  Boston turnpikeNovember 9, 2018
Productive fun workplace , get to interact with & maintain a great team work environment its easy & simple to become security at any cite just have to fit requirements for the job.
Pros
Lunch was an hour
Cons
No restrooms
Worst job I've ever had
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2018
This is the worst job that I have had. If you like to work where no one cares about you and you get yelled at by management because you weren't trained, this job is perfect for you. If you want a security job find a different company.
Pros
Health insurence
Cons
No breaks, bad HR, no time off
Leadership is toxic
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2018
Leadership does not care about subordinates. They only care about their own advancement. Don't care about the clients either. If you work here, please make it temporary.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2018
Typical day was logging vehicles and employees as they entered or left the work place.
Patrolling assigned areas and reported possible safety hazards.
Locked and unlocked doors as needed.
Interacted with other employees.
Prepared daily report
relaxed workplace enviroment
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 8, 2018
a typical day at work consisted of doing indoor and outdoor warehouse patrols screening out employees when they left the warehouse and keeping a truck log of all trucks dropping off or picking up trailers.
Pros
relaxed, paid breaks
Cons
sometimes could get boring
Summary
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
Securitas was a good place to start.

Not much opportunity for career advancement and they pull lotteries way to much compromising the job security of its employees.
Access control
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2018
They had various sites at good locations, but the constellations energy site was the best one , patrols on site were convenient and the security post was good !!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K