Securitas Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Found 2,629 reviews matching the search See all 15,360 reviews
Very fun and positive workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 20, 2019
Securitas is a great company to work for. Definitely to start out with. They help you obtain your security license as well. They will also pay for you to become armed after doing six months unarmed.
Management is different seems like every 3-4 years. Started out great with yearly raises, genuine concern from management, holiday parties. Good work
Flex Security guard (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2019
Not informative about details. I and others were not informed that if u are on leave, you are required to work 1 hour to keep your job. Even after asking how long can I take for personal leave. No ... Instructions or paperwork involved. 13 yrs....
Pros
Great sites
overall mediocre workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2019
worked in guardhouse to entrance to ultimar condominiums in clearwater,florida.did daily patrols of campus,checked on temperature of pools and spas,cheked on tennis courts.
a organization that it's culture does not support it's employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 18, 2019
I was employed by Securitas, and my experience was not a positive one . I found that the management was not helpful or encouraging to it's employees, and this was by their actions and behaviors in regards to how they treated those they employed. I was not treated with respect by the management, HR, and OIC's. I feel that the management needs to receive more training and understand, that without the guards, OIC, and others employees they do not have a company. It is more about money than humans, and this shows by how employees are treated. As we know not all employees are negative, but the culture does not encourage a positive environment. This starts from the top management which should be examples, and I do not feel they are. I would choose not to be a employee of this organization.
Pros
strong orientation
Cons
poor employee relations
Strict work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2019
It was a fast past strict work place and I was always occupied with work to do while on my shift and it helped me stay focus and stay on time each day
Worked for them for 3 years
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 16, 2019
They don’t care about the staff nor do they keep their word. They have som good post but, they’ll still find a way to destroy hard working people. Good way to get you guard card , but I’d suggest finding a different company to work for .
Pros
Post everywhere
Cons
No good health care, no life/balance, out of luck if they lose the post .
Very laid back
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 16, 2019
This is a great job for people that don't like to do much at work. You are literally there to observe and report. Finding a post was probably the only difficult process I went through. When I first started I was driving everywhere; Pomona, San Bernardino, Redland, Ontario Etc.I just wanted a permanent post that wasn't far from home.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Cannot leave for lunch
bad
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 15, 2019
it was a bad time management was never on the same page. it seem they didnt car about anything but the contracts they was getting. treated people like trash.
Nice job to have
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 15, 2019
The work was great and it was the hours and days and also I’m looking to relocate

But the overall you will receive great experience and pay

I worked in a friendly and great place with with great co workers
For a large company it is better than Allied and way better than G4S
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 15, 2019
Securitas is a better large company than G4S or allied universal. I have only worked there for a year but have had no problems getting paid. Some sites are more challenging than others I prefer construction sites
Pros
Everyone cuts his own deal
Cons
Everyone cuts his own deal
Boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 14, 2019
My job consisted of sitting at a materials yard for 8 hours a night, and then going onto the barges to ensure they werent sinking. they dont care about the safety of employees either. They fire people who deserve the job, while keeping the druggie employees as long as they can pin it on someone they done like being employed there. I quit and then I got a letter in the mail saying that I was fired. Like Really???
Pros
Could eat whenever. No telematics on Company Truck
Cons
Job Site Selection, Hours, And disrespect from management.
Work for almost anyone else
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 14, 2019
Had an openly racist supervisor, and the schedule was never consistent unless you were friends with the site supervisor. The job policies were inconsistent and will be punished when doing the morally right thing because it often conflicts with the policies of the company. Almost any other security company pays similar with less of the headaches.
Pros
Literally none
Earned a living
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 14, 2019
Great work for money because it's paying for bills and furniture. The first one is a great day for me to get the best of all the time to do with my family and friends and relatives and friends and family members and friends and I am going to be able to get the right direction of this year in our lives together the most important thing I need the money.
Relaxed placed to work,
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 14, 2019
Relaxed placed to work. Many overtime hours that you can handle. Staff was wonderful, supplied all uniform needs, coats, hats, pants, shirt and Badge.
It's a nice fun of environment
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2019
It's a nice fun laid-back environment don't have to do too much just patrol the area an outside area in a construction site making sure everything is safe and secure
Pros
Don't get lunch you have to bring lunch before you get here
Cons
Take your own break
Reliable, efficient day at work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 12, 2019
Depending on your job site its either fast paced or relaxing. This job is easy but not to be taken lightly. Always have to be aware of your surrounding.
Not a place to get paid fair
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2019
You make low pay and work on a contract so you can lose your job if they lose there contracts. The people are good to work with but manager are always changing.
Terrible place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIApril 11, 2019
Don't waste your time with this company. All of management are liars and don't care about the employees. They are a complete waste of time. I would recommend staying away from this company.
fast paced, good pay, overtime
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2019
usual security duties (depending on the site): patrol area every 30 mins area to make sure everything is normal, check id's authorize guests/residents through the front gate, pay attention to surveillance cameras.
Pros
good pay, great hours, overtime
Securitas
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2019
When I worked with Securitas, the superviser was very discriminative was fired for not writing a report of an incident that could not be proven to have happen on the client's property.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight