Securitas Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Found 5,751 reviews matching the search See all 15,415 reviews
Poor communication from upper management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 24, 2019
I'm a very consistent and structured individual. With this outfit you wouldn't always be notified when your schedule would change until after the fact and you arrived on your post. The regional manager based out of Charleston West Virginia basically admitted to being an an alcoholic and was suspected of messing around with at least one of the younger female employees. The aforementioned employee was shown more than a little grace for poor work practices where if the same actions were done by a male staff they would have been canned let alone never re-hired. This rubbed me wrong as I believe in equality and think one should be judged on consistency and work performance. But in this instance it almost seemed "Quid pro quo" may have been in affect.
Pros
It's a paycheck.
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2019
This was the worst excuse for a job I ever had, the pay sucks, the managers are morons, no advancement no benefits, would not recommend this dump to my guard dog!
Cons
Every location has same problems
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 24, 2019
Too many chiefs not enough Indians at their larger locations. Favoritism and nepotism run rampant.

Smaller sites have issues with keeping workers due to lousy management.

Every location I've worked at had no sort of organization with a horrible turnover rate.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Only good starting out until year 2.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, INApril 23, 2019
Securitas does not do everything by the book, they found ways to withhold pay, promotions, and even accomplishments. My branch office never communicates with my team. You will get small pay increases, but it only goes up on average about a dollar after 2 years and then stops. When I was awarded employee of the month in my branch, it took an entire year for them to accommodate me and the check was less than a days pay. Had to take time off for surgery, true you get 1 paid week off, but you only get that vacation money once your year is completed, so I was down a couple hundred dollars for a necessary reason for being out. Bottom line, read the contract all the way through and don't stay for too long, get those employment history and then put in your 2 years at most. Once you open your eyes, notify your 2 weeks and be over the nightmare.
Pros
Depends on the place you are at.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, vaccation is false, no communication.
Beware
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAApril 23, 2019
If you have a disability, they will set you up to be "let go" in such a way that they do not have to go to court if you attempt to sue them for wrongful termination
Securitas will overcharge you with benefits.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 23, 2019
My site they placed me on was great but the HR in the office sucks. They double charged me on my health insurance and they never gave me my money back. So if you want to be doubled charge for insurance come here.
Cons
Hr
Company good overall.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 22, 2019
Some of the locations lack the training that you need to complete some of the patrols. Management at some of the locations don't do a very good job. Some of the locations you just feel overworked and under paid.
Great place
Securitas Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2019
Liked working there and enjoyed it. On top of permanent assignment I was able to pick up many other assignments some of similar positions some different.
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 22, 2019
very boring, worked night shift and didnt do anything all day, bored out of my mind, day shift probably better, or different location, not too bad .
Pros
easy
Cons
pay
Don't unless you're desperate
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 22, 2019
Maybe this would be fine as a supplemental part-time job, but this is not suitable for full time.
There's no shift differential, which as someone that exclusively worked 2nd and 3rd shift that sucked. I constantly picked up other peoples' shifts, they avoid letting you have overtime at all costs (which sucked even more because they were paying so little I needed that extra money and couldn't get it)
They pay everyone different rates for the exact same job. One of my site managers had been there 5 years and had only gotten one raise then entire time, he only made a dollar more than we did despite doing 4x the work.
This is an 8 billion dollar company, there is zero reason they can't pay their workers a living wage.
I also faced a breach of personal privacy and safety when the scheduling manager outed me to most of my coworkers. I reached out to HR, I ended up getting moved to a site with less pay, and they cut my hours. I got punished for speaking out.
The management sucks at communication, and always finds excuses not to pay us more. I haven't had one satisfied coworker, everyone there talks about getting a new job. It's no wonder they have a high turnover rate.
This place desperately needs a union.
Pros
None.
Cons
No breaks, Healthcare is expensive and not good, Low wages
Good place to work if you don’t want hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 22, 2019
The company will say that they will work around your schedule. They will not. They schedule you for shifts without telling you, and during times you said you could not work when hired. The lack of communication in this company is causing problems, and the management is awful.

If you work here don’t expect to get hours you can work, or pay that is representative of the jobs you are doing.

I would not recommend this company for anyone to work at.
Pros
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Horrible company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, FLApril 22, 2019
Horrible management. Horrible service for community. Very high turn over. I would never have then for security in my community. As useful as having screen doors on a submarine. When criminals drive a u-haul truck in, park at a house, and then load it with stolen property and drive out with no security even seeing it, that's a huge breach in security. Rampage vandalism, and car thief's. Gates that don't work, keypad entries that don't work.
Pros
non.
Very easy going environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2019
Worked with college Peace Officers so I was able to gain knowledge of scenarios and situations.

Supervisors trained us on our down time to keep us sharp.
Decent pay for lousy management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 22, 2019
Contract based pay, was promised in my contract to be promoted within 6 months. Year later, still no promotion due to lack of communication from my account manager.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of communication, poor management
Just a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 21, 2019
The worse.. Years of experience no chance for advancement.
Management is terrible.
Applied for other available positions within company, went ignored.
Pros
Since of freedom on shift
Cons
No lunch breaks, (most post locations) bi weekly pay, poor management
No good benefit
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2019
Securitas need to takecare of their employee and need to provide benefit,pay for their employee good.imporve work environment,pay liveable wage,improve communication with workers
Good place to work.
Security 20,8Officer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 20, 2019
I worked at various locations getting as much overtime as possible. I met alot of interesting officers and gained alot of knowledge in. The security field.
Pros
Good place to increase your knowledge about security.
Cons
Love you during good times, don't even know you in the bad times.
Not enough contracts
Professional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 19, 2019
Loss of contracts made it difficult to maintain full time hours/positions. Willing to travel both north and south directions.but positions weren't available.
It’s Really The Managers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2019
The managers have no communication whatsoever! You’ll be contacting them for weeks and no response. Once they finally reach out they don’t know what’s going on or they send you on a wild goose chase.
Easy job, great employees
Security Officer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 18, 2019
This job was a great part-time job, the position I held was great, easy and I got to work on my own. The management I had was great, as long as you did your job well and had no issues, they left you alone.

I enjoyed working here, only reason for leaving is because my wife is being stationed at a different base.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Barely over minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight