Securitas Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Found 398 reviews matching the search See all 15,350 reviews
the work area was a good working place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819April 13, 2019
The site where I was the supervisor at was a very good place to work because it was at a hotel in which the experience to interact with the hotel guest and the good workers of the hotel.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
we always get short breaks
Always available hours but
Security Officer / Site Manager / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 8, 2019
Working with this company has been great because depending on you and your boss, you can get to travel and work more sites with better pay but the main issues is that when you do not have someone to relive you of your post, you're stuck until "someone" comes and it doesn't matter if you have kids or a second job you have to wait and 9 times out of 10 you're most likely going to work a 16 hour shift.
Pros
Fast advancement, traveling to different sites
Cons
No proper relief, lack of management and communication
Active and fast-paced
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 8, 2019
My current role is supervise security officers on day to day basis along side site supervisor. I make sure that all schedules are filled to the clients satisfaction. My role includes assistance to the public getting them to the destination within the facility. I keep mayhem to the minimum or existing at all to ensure everyone's safety.
Pros
Always busy!
Cons
We're constantly short staffed or high change over!
very productive,
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 6, 2019
Over all I have learned a lot as a person who is growing to know how things work, and i have managed to pick up a lot on how to be a better guard, and a better supervisor.
Pros
gain lots of knowledge
Cons
short of staff
Na
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denmark, WIApril 6, 2019
Great place to work. Great team. Communicative, and hard working group. Enjoy working there. Many advancement opportunities. Many skills to be learned.
horrible lack of communication.
Transit Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2019
upper management is practically invisible. goodluck if you need anything from anyone at the Bellevue office. When the account starts to change they will keep you in the dark for as long as possible
I love working with people and you always meet people in security.
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 3, 2019
I feel that Securitas is more laid back job. They pay isnt good but at times you will have plenty of hours to work. Always be honest with your supervisor because you need to be well rested for your post. A security officer should always be watching and alert to anything that can happen.
Pros
I love meeting people and i always did in security
Cons
No benefits
No chance for advancement
Security Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2019
Benefits are horrible. No paid time off or vacation time. No chance for advancement. You don’t get paid enough for what they expect you to do. Okay temporary job.
Pros
Sometimes overtime
Okay temporary job
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 30, 2019
Poor management. No room for growth. Increase in pay-rate is solely based on location of post. Zero job security, can be terminated at any time without explanation. Management and supervision has no respect or professionalism for lesser peers.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Cons
Dead-End Job
I would consider if you need your license.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2019
During a typical day. I would go in and majority of the times people are calling out, so I would have to find someone to come in and cover their shift. a lot of these times no one will be willing to come in, which cause friction between employees. When you notify the higher ups they don't really care, but when there's an open shift and the client finds out that's when all concerns come in. The most enjoyable part of work is getting off.
The information is below.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2019
I really enjoyed all of the work details that was assigned to me.
I learned top of the line knowledge and training.
Nothing was hard about the job . Being managed was fun.
All nationalities worked with this company.
Pros
The training, working alone, being a part of a good team.
Cons
Other Security Officers not pulling their load, Officers arriving late for duty.
Security
Security Officer/ EMT/ Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2019
I enjoyed working for Securitas. This was my first experience with contract Security. Never issues with uniforms or paycheck. I felt this was a great opportunity.
Pros
good experience
Cons
contract work
While I would recommend working out of the Southern California branch offices I would recommend against working out of the Las Vegas office.
Armed Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2019
My experience in Southern California was rewarding and constantly changing. My Branch Managers made me feel valued both as an employee and a person. My account managers and branch managers were manipulative and out of compliance with corporate policies.
Productive, prepares for future law enforcement
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 21, 2019
Securitas is a great security company to work for, it prepares you, for the next step. If you choose to work in the law enforcement field. It also teaches you how to carry yourself, with respect, integrity, brotherhood, and honor of protection people.
Good place to work.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 21, 2019
Stable work; They pay on time. The area manager took a chance on me that i did appreciate. I started as site supervisor. I enjoyed working 1st shift.
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
low pay; they hardly contribute anything to your 401k
Great job to build experience in the industry
Supervisor of Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2019
I recommend to all recently licenced class D security officers to work for securitas to build experience. If you are hard working and reliable, you will be fine. My experience with my branch manager was awesome. He allways picked up the phone. And was always watching my back. You must allways have honesty, and integrity when at work. This job is not for the lazy. I was promoted to site supervisor after working for only 1 1/2 years. I worked everything from access management at a gatehouse, to corporate security. If you put the time in, you will succeed. At the end of my time working ar rhe company I was only making $12 per hour.

The issue with the company is that they have systematically gotten side of every posisition between site supervisor and branch manager to save money, this has made career advancement within the company virtually impossible. That's why I recomend putting in 2 to 4 years and then moving on.

Great company
Great management
No career advancement (unfortunately)

And the pay could be better.
I recomend this company for beginners or retirees.
Pros
Great Management, Great Experience
Cons
Virturally no breaks, Everything depends on what site you work, low pay, no career advancement.
good company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42104March 19, 2019
It is a good company to work for. Basically you just do your own thing at the post you are given and they leave you alone as long as you are doing your job properly.
Quantity over Quality
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 18, 2019
I started with the company as a regular "security officer" - entry level. After 3 months I was promoted to Supervisor because my Supervisor was let transferred to a different site because my Supervisor was caught egregiously breaking company policy. Not fired, not suspended, just transferred upon customer demand.... Needless to say company was about making money, not quality of life or quality of services provided. As a Supervisor I had a revolving door of employees for my site. These employees would often no-call no show or show up late repeatedly before putting in a day or two's notice. After awhile it was clear anyone with a pulse was hired, whether qualified or not. My site required more than just "basic security." We performed duties and tasks for the client outside of the assignment of duties for the company (ie: company duties to provide asset security to facility - tours and traffic control, client needed someone to handle their dispatch, was left to security to do this).

Used the company to gain experience that allowed me to move onto better company. Was under paid and no assistance from upper management. Wasn't until I put my two weeks in that I was offered a "raise" to stay.
Pros
Easy Entry Level Work
Cons
Quality of Life, Management's Involvement, Quality of Peers
Productive,
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2019
On a typical day of work. I would disarm the Security alarm check in with the main campus in Dobbs Ferry. obtain the security key and make my way to unlock Classrooms and turn on Lights of the classrooms. I learned how to use CCTV cameras and other safety procedures to ensure the safety of staff and students. Management is very respectful and helpful. they provide a Comfortable work atmosphere that is safe to work. the hardest thing to at this Position is dealing with enraged students. The people that I am able to work with make the job easy.
Great place to work, only if you receive a good work site...
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 8, 2019
I truly enjoyed my years working out of Atlantic City with Securitas Security. I gained a lot of Knowledge from fellow workers that helped me advance.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Pay rates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
44K
34.1K
21.8K
11.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas.

Powered by Comparably