Securitas Employee Reviews for Site Supervisor

Found 311 reviews matching the search See all 15,395 reviews
No Comment
SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 17, 2019
No Comment The company is a good company to work for people will have to make their own decisions weather they like it.Patrols, Look around observe your surroundings keep your eyes open for all potential risks to the safety and security of the residents. Watch for spills, trip hazards, any items blocking the egress to fire exits and access to fire extinguisher, leaks, doors left propped open or unlocked, damaged doors, windows or ceiling tiles, Baseboards, any unknown and suspicious persons on the property, suspicious vehicles.
Well what can I say
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 14, 2019
Securitas is a brand name but they can also do better. The pay rate is not matching the work you put in and the management can also do better. People work but no appreciate is shown
Enjoyed serving others, Leadership Is the Problem
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OH 43123April 6, 2019
Enjoyed working around most folks. Had issues with Leadership which was inconsistent in disciplinary actions, and ever-changing their expectations of the site.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Poor leadership
Serious Inquiries only apply
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAApril 5, 2019
The company management will work with you in trying to get you to work. They offer various potions and hours, when work slows down, its hard to find hours.
Pros
Various hours
Cons
hours shortage
Average Company to work for
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2019
Management tended to micro-manage work sites poor communication from management and account managers, not room for promotion. Company has a flat organizational chart at the local level.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMarch 27, 2019
Securitas your duties are the same everyday. Rarely does your objective change as you are to patrol the premises using TOCO rounds. Days are boring and you rarely given room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low pay
Decent
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DelawareMarch 27, 2019
Company is flexible with my hours. The managers are good, the pay is okay, and you work with good people. The company needs to find a way to find more reliable relief.
too many hours
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNMarch 18, 2019
it seemed i had to work a lot hours to ensure there was enough staff to be covered. sometimes working 16 hours a day and no recognition or positive compensation.. however the site i worked at had a great team atmosphere
na
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 12, 2019
i started as a officer then i was promoted to site supervisor and my boss did not help me when the officer at my post where under minding me and trying to make me look bad even after i showed her the haw
Love securitas
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 11, 2019
Great company been working since 2015 never had a problem with anything or anyone treated every fair i have nothing bad to say I was promoted because my hard work was noticed
Beware the site manager position
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2019
POSITION,HOURS AND WRITE UPS:

I was a site manager, kept under forty hours. My field service managers started off strong and supportive, yet slowly abandoned me as the contract was in its final month. I got no write up slips to discipline employees so when someone was out of line i wasn't able to correct the issue properly and with my field service managers missing in action i did my very best. We had a high turn over due to lazy employees or no call no shows from teenagers not wanting to take the job seriously. I had to work back to back 15 hour shifts with 2-3 hours of sleep.

I really tried for this company and was very happy to be a site manager, but with little to no support from my managers it was extremely difficult. I had no health or dental at all. I was the only employee to be kept under forty hours btw which was odd. They forgot to schedule coverage for my vacation so i had to work on my vacation as well.

PAY:
My starting pay for site manager was $14 an hour which is entry level at most sites for an entry level officer.

This company was not the worst, but they definitely need more field service managers or more involvement from them. I understand that they are busy managing multiple sites for multiple clients, but when you lose touch with your supervisors or simply cannot make the time to email or call a lot can go wrong. As a new manager i needed all the help there was to be offered and i tried really hard. In the end i decided to move on, as i fell ill and nobody could cover for me i was so sick i almost had to be hospitalized. I had to quit and it
  more... was for the best as my new job offers more than i had with securitas. Im still grateful for the opportunity but it was just not a good fit.  less
Pros
Its a job, supervisor positions available
Cons
Keeping supervisors under 40 hrs, no vacation, no sick days, MIA field service managers
ok
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Hard to do a great job when you are not recognized for promotion and fight for everything. Terms of hire are not matched down the road and given assignments without any background information
Pros
work
Cons
Short in management
No comment.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 12, 2019
The guard service business is very competitive with high turn-over, low wages & inexperienced candidates. It isn't always the fault of the guard service as it oft-times, the client's budgetary restrictions that dictate the level of service received.
Pros
Many sites are safe & attractive.
Cons
Wages are not commensurate with job requirements.
Awesome environment
Site- Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 7, 2019
A very pleasant environment to work in. The management staff are some of the most professional people that I enjoyed working with. The hiring process has a high standard that can't be touch.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Travel distance
Great
Site Supervisor St Vincent Hospital Adm (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2019
The company stands firm behind it's mission statement and belief. It is not a fly by night operation. There is a positive opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Advancement
Same as the prior review
Site Supervisor for Biogen and Monster World Wide (Former Employee) –  Weston, MAJanuary 26, 2019
Same as the prior review
Typical work day - Busy
Management was good
Hardest part of the job-long hours
The most enjoyable part - working with my team
My advice RUN!!!!
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJanuary 22, 2019
If you like working 16 hour shifts multiple times a week it's a gas. Otherwise run. This company SUCKS!!! They have policies but they don't mean anything. I guess a pro could be you can't get fired for anything.
Pros
You will get fired for not showing up to work
Cons
Working here
My site was well controlled
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1 sansome st ca 94104January 15, 2019
I have a great branch manager who i will be approaching in april regarding moving me to a better position through training or to a position that can help me move close to home and I can advance in salary.

No balance with life and work
Site Supervisor - client contact (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Hiring manager was lacking in ability to recruit new officers. I would receive help after we would be so severely understaffed for months at a time. All officers and myself were beyond point of exhaustion.
Manditory over time not disclosed
Site Supervisor/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2018
Company has changed over the years you now have to be careful when you say no to working extra hours or asking for days off. It is tracked and the threat is real to get pulled from a site and put another site that has different pay and hours. Just hope you get one of the managers that have been at the company for a while as they understand that its not all about their profit line, that good officers are worthy of keeping around and treated correctly. The New managment crew seems to think that is absoluete. They change the higher up mangagers alot so it could get better or worse you never know. When I first started many years ago it was great but it has taken a turn for the worse maybe it will be like the stocks and go up and down. Who knows just be aware.
Pros
Union sites
Cons
Work holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K
44K
34.1K
21.8K
11.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Securitas.

Powered by Comparably