Security 101 Employee Reviews

Best crew ever, team 101 is like my family.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2018
From the owner, regional manager ,project managers, assistant,supervisor everyone make fell like we know each other for a long time they trust me and thats a good thing because make you give the 150%on the field because you cant betray that confidan .We are like a family we take a good care to each other and we keep always in touch.
Very good team, managment and organization
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 24, 2018
The CEO, general manager and every one in this companie are a very nice, Comprehensive, helpfull, comunicative people, over all my best team ever. Thank you 101 team
I would go out and repair gate alarms systems
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed the work .but the people was races and was proud of it they had no problem calling you the n word and if told any one they were ready to fight, so I had got Cancer and they fire me.
Nice place to work with laid back attitude
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 8, 2018
Security 101 was an amazing place to work, The management was helpful and understanding of my needs. While there i was given clear goals and had help along the way to accomplish the goals. Also, there were dogs.
Excellent business and people
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2018
There is a great culture of teamwork and support at Security 101. The team has a vast pool of security system knowledge through the people they have hired. If you need a security services, Security 101 is the best company to provide that solution for you. The work will require you to be flexible, hard working, and provide professional interaction and communication with customers. I learned what it can mean to be working with a group of people that are more than just co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Being at Security 101 everyday was like having an extended family. We all worked as a team to get the goals of the day accomplished. everyone is treated the dame.
Was a great adventure.
Project Manager/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 2, 2017
Work was regularly abundant.

Added plenty of certifications to my resume.

If management would stay on point with the core values then the company has the potential to be great.

Workplace culture had its highs and lows. The techs you will be working with are some great guys with specialties in different aspects. Some of the best people I could work with and are close friends of.

Hardest part of the job is the inconsistencies from management and not always listening to the recommendations of their experienced technicians.

Most enjoyable part of my job was I worked with my best friends, and leaving the company was not an easy one. Still sore how things ended by myself and ownership.
Pros
Great group of techs and potential for some big jobs with integrating systems.
Cons
Unconventional ownership.
Good PLace tow work
Camera Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2017
Worked there for project. Boss was knowledgeable for the works I have assisted them on. They have good management and good work habit. I will recommend any one to work for this company.
A modest review
Business Solutions Manager & Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTNovember 23, 2015
Each day provides opportunities to learn more about the security industry through performing site walk-thru visits in preparation for providing solution proposals for video and security solutions.

Management and leadership is involved minimally until the numbers aren't high enough and business objectives can often seem vague.

Other employees and coworkers are hard-working and committed to the tasks at hand. There is a general lack of business development direction or routine meetings to develop quarterly plans for continued business growth.

The hardest part of the job is getting a transference of knowledge and understanding expectations from the sales leaders and upper management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being exposed to a new industry, developing sales leads with new clients and putting previously learned skills from school and prior experiences to good use.

A great opportunity but with little room for growth if you have prior management or corporate experience.
Pros
Big opportunity to help grow a small business
Cons
High expectations but low compensation and career growth ceiling
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 3, 2014
I loved working at security 101 ... was able to either learn more skills or improve on current skills.
Pros
Great bosses
A top notch integrator!
Director of Operations & Projects (Former Employee) –  Metropolitan Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2014
Long work hours but fun...the job's not done until the job's done!
Tremendous quality, productivity and customer care with a stellar work ethic permeates this organization from top down.
Pros
Great sense of accomplishment with each project.
Cons
Long hours. Constant deadlines.
they let people on
Commercial Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 8, 2014
they act like they need you while you are in your first 90 then cut you right before you go perm
Pros
paid for tolls
Cons
never had any contact with management. never gave reviews
productive company easy to work with great people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 13, 2013
a typical day at work was full camera installs cctv and card access, i learned to run wire hang camera program card access systems terminate cat5/6 audio video, co workers all got along great good people to work and be with, hardest part of the job was learning to program systems, enjoyable part of the job learning something new every day challenge your mind.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
out of town work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security 101. Our community is ready to answer.