Security Engineers, Inc Employee Reviews

Nice place to work no pay raises no benefits
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2019
This is a great company to work for they should give pay raises and better benefits the place were I'm employed is comfortable and quiet I enjoy securing this area.
Cons
Great for short term employment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 31, 2019
Security Engineers is great for a short-term position. However, with unaffordable benefits, low pay and no raises it is a stepping stone to other employment for most employees.
Pros
There is usually unlimited overtime.
Cons
They are always short handed and the average duration of employment seems to be 3 weeks.
All you are is a body to fill in the blank on a schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Say goodbye to your social life. Depending on the site, management doesn’t care about you what so ever. Worst management I’ve ever had. Instead of management doing the right thing and going into work themselves when someone is sick or doesn’t show up, they will blow up your phone until you finally cave and go into work after working like a dog all week. They believe SEI should be #1 priority and top of the list in your life. If you work at 0530 the next day after working a 12 hour shift the day prior they will call you in the middle of the night for something that could’ve been discussed once you were at work. Vice versa with night shift. Very disrespectful. There is absolutely no advancement here. If you want to settle and get under paid while risking a lot in your life, this is the place to go. On the other hand, they do offer a lot of benefits but more than half of your paycheck goes bye-bye. Do not waste your time working here. Go out and apply to a well known security company with advancement and drive to push you to be the best and meet your life goals.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Read the summary
Company will replace you with worker who will take less pay.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 12, 2018
I worked there for over 6 years and was replaced for a worker who they could pay less. Very cut throat company. Do not trust management. They will tell you something but not live up to their promise.

Very high turnover. Even if you are a loyal employee they will still dump you for a person to be paid less.
Pros
easy to get job there
Cons
Very cut throat company
An overall relaxing job (depending on where you are stationed)
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2018
This job takes a while to get used to, but once you've learned what you need to, it can be a relaxing job. Though most of the details depend on where you are stationed, my typical work day is as follows:
8-hour shift
3 patrols around my station lasting at least 50 minutes
Pay close attention to the handheld radio for any calls directed at me

For the most part, that's it. Unless there is an event going on in which my job gets quite a bit busier since I or anyone else stationed there have the keys to most of the doors in the building.
Good work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2018
I enjoy working for this company all my coworker was every helpful and the work experience in this field and company was great and I really enjoyed my time there
Fast and slow pace environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 15, 2018
Very good place iif u are starting out in Secutity. The overtime is no problem at all, they will call you everyday to ask do u want some overtime. the only problem with that if u say no one time they act like u put them in a bind.
Sucks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 27, 2018
This is a horrible company to work for. I can't wait until I find another job. Management picks and choses who they like. My house burnt down and I was threatened to be fired if I didn't ahow up for work the next day.
Turn around rate is high.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hoover,AlAugust 4, 2018
It really depends on what site you work at. They do a drug test before training. The management has a lot of miscommunication. The postion I appiled for was not the postion I ws interviewd for. The trainning pay is minimum wage that's what they don't tell you.
Pros
Fast Process to get in the door.
Cons
Have a lot of problems with pay.
This culture at this facility was very professional
Licensed Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2018
The staff at the site where I was stationed were very respectful and thoughtful for the most part. The vendors, and clients, and visitors were very professional and I really felt that I was part of the team. The hourly salary was very low and I did not see any form of advancement position or salary. Vendors from all parts of the country visited, they would sign in and received a key badge which they returned to me at the end of their stay. Employees had to use their badges to access building. The employees that did not have their badges had to follow a different protocol. I also controlled access to property via gate entrance/exit and this was done using CCTV. Emergency assistance was part of my responsibilities as well as escorting emergency personnel to locations through out the facility.
Just a number and warm body
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  HondaJanuary 28, 2018
Justy a number High turn rate.

Has too many rules to follow get fired at drop of a hat.

Quit to easy to get fired watched a lot of people let go for some thing real small
Pros
If you like to work over time this is the job for you
Cons
Too Many rules to follow
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 1, 2017
I really enjoy working for this company but I need benefits. It will be better if I had more benefits invested in this company. I secure the area where I work and I take my job very seriously I am prepared for all situations. I make sure that the area where I work is covered at all times and customers feel secure when they are doing business at our Branch.
Pros
I don't have any I want to list
Cons
I don't have any I want to list
Career minded security company
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2017
The security industry is in need of good people/great officers.

This company is willing to promote from the bottom up if you are willing to put the effort in. I have seen this first hand with multiple employees.
Cons
Typical security cons
Decent place
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2017
It's a good company for the most part. Pay isn't that great, equivalent to working fast food even after making supervisor. Company management needs more of a backbone when it comes to dealing wuth thwir subcontractor and stricter rules with employees bouncing around because they don't like their post.
If you're going to work in contract security, this is where to do it
Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2017
SEI is a company that truly wants to do the job well. They understand that to achieve that goal, the client and employees must be kept in high consideration. No business is perfect and there are definitely weakness and weak links in the chain but overall they are light years ahead of the competition and it's not even close. Do your job well and let management know that you want to advance and you can.
Pros
Old school culture, not held back by a lack of college education, great training, they actually care about you, lots of advancement opportunities, good job security especially for a contractor
Cons
Low wage industry, not great benefits, no retirement
Great
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 6, 2017
They train you very well an take the time to call you back..great hour..good place to work an learn different thing..the best thing about the job is working
Terrible Management
Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2017
Terrible Management
They lie and tell you they'll give you a set schedule and never do. Very unoragnized. They will work you Commissioned illegally!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Post Location
Best place to work ever!!!
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2016
These people at corp were my 2nd family. I miss them with all of my hears, very family driven!!!! I surely hope one day i can come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Its all amazing
productive, fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 11, 2016
the job was really enjoyable. Enjoyed making connections with the various businessmen and women of different backgrounds.
Pros
make friends easily.
Cons
pay rates vary
Supervisor and Training Manager
Incident Command Supervisor/Site Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALDecember 15, 2015
As an Incident Command Supervisor and and Training Manager for Security Engineers, Inc, I spend a lot of my day conducting administrative duties and developing training for the Incident Commanders and Security Officers on site. I actually also train some of the associates of the company that we are contracted to, and assist in the Safety Orientation Training.

In the last three years in this position, I have learned that response to emergencies, and proper training for those responses, are a vital part of success. This training has been made possible because of the company management's support and understanding in vital and continual training.

The co-worker's on this site are cooperative and take their job seriously, but not to the point that the job has become dull or routine, as if if would be in security and emergency response. These co-workers and their attitudes are what makes up the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of this job would have to be maintaining the training records of such a diverse group of people. The job is ever changing and training and personnel change with it.
Pros
Being able to do the things I like, such as; training, managing personnel, and first response.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Engineers, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.