Security Finance Employee Reviews

Previous employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 16, 2019
Overall great place to work. Learned a lot and was able to feel confident in abilities and growth potential. Focused on growth and controls; company follows Mission and Values statement. Great benefits and retirement savings opportunities.
Must have a positive leader!
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 15, 2019
The company strives and invest to see you become successful! I loved my job! I loved my supervisor, coworkers, etc. I will always have much respect for Security Finance. The company became negative in Louisiana when P## Mess###, took it over as state leader. Many good managers left, including employees. I couldn't tolerate the negative stress after maternity leave.
Supervisors were stressed because they had to "obey" her and then encourage themselves and their staff when she wouldn't see our potential. Everything was very negative. Favoritism was a big factor. Now that the CORRECT state leader is in her position, the state will win and always be positive.
Pros
Company wants to see you successful! Great advancement opportunities! Great incentives!
Cons
Stressful, but worth it.
Position required a multitask individual. The ability to manager more than one thing at a time, such as answering phones, potential customers ..
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 13, 2019
Hard working employees easily recognized. If your willing to work hard and produce for the company you will not go unrecognized.There are advancement opportunity for those individuals. Monthly bonuses are a plus also..
Pros
Bonus
Consumes your life
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 9, 2019
If I could go back, I would have never chosen this career path. The hours are long, pay isn’t great. They expect late nights, Saturday work. If you have a family or small children this job isn’t for you.
Pros
Paid time off, insurance, bonus
Cons
Late hours, Saturday work
Rude and hateful
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKSeptember 7, 2019
The manager was rude and hateful when the supervisor, who wasn't much better, was away. Both the current manager and supervisor lack the skill of treating people as people and not being hateful!. The hours are long with very little family time or time off. The job is way to stressful for the pay. Even with the insurance the overall package just disappoints and is far from worth it! The insurance deductible was so high you still couldn't afford to go to the doctor with what they pay. Just disappointed. It seems the company has really really gone south on employer relations and culture.
Collections job dressed up as a financial job...
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 6, 2019
Decent insurance, vacation was nice. Pay was so so for the line of work.. raises are a joke. Management not to bad. Bonus structure needs completely re-evaluated. They tell you about how much customer service it is.. and yes you do build relationships with some great people.. but the good doesn't out way the bad.. 90% collections.
Great job, great management, no job security.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 5, 2019
Security Finance is a great place to work and management is phenomenal. However, the job security is being so low makes this job hard to recommend. They do teach you everything that is needed to start, continue (refinance), and close loans. This is a through and through desk job where you make calls all day and collect payments in person, and over the phone. I recommend this job for someone that just needs an "in between" job.
Enter at your own risk.
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Villa Rica, GASeptember 4, 2019
Security Finance is a great place to work but only if you're in the atmosphere where people TRULY have your best interest at heart. Do not set your goals on advancement if you're going to disagree with how things are being done. If you're not liked, your reputation and character will be sabotaged and you will be thrown under the bus. No. I'm not a bitter ex employee. Just an employee who's willing to tell the truth. This is not standard in every territory. No, I will not name names. I'm not into throwing people under a moving vehicle. Just be aware. It is a shark tank and they will smile right in your face while talking about you and telling you in the very same breath that everything is ok. There is no professionalism. It's all about who likes you and if they're willing to give you a chance because of the relationship. Not the work ethic or customer service. Keep your eyes open and trust NO ONE. If you choose to work for this company, go to work, come home, repeat. The benefits are really good. They pay for your healthcare and there is paid time off and paid holidays but short holidays. Your hours are long week end and month end. You will work until 9 PM on some nights. You will be reprimanded for asking questions about hours. The last day of the month is never yours. If you're sick or have a death in the family on certain days of the month, you will be asked to reschedule. I may very well lose my job for this review but it is my honest experience. I've never felt so horrible or been treated so horribly as a person or an employee and if it wasn't for my family, I would've walked  more... a long time ago. Please take into account that every situation is not the same. I've seen some of my associates do very well in the company. They have succeeded tremendously. There is a chance. Don't count on any help with any issue that you have. You will be written up. It will not be looked into thoroughly. It will be your fault, no matter the truth. Please, ask questions in your interview and get an understanding before you accept a position at this company.  less
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours/ pay/ professionalism vs. personal
Employeesd are treated unfairly and Excessive name calling by Supervisor. Offfice Managers not very professional.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXSeptember 3, 2019
This Company does not properly train employees. Different offices train very differently. Management could use a little more training in training employees in a more professional manner.
Great company to work for
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 3, 2019
Great benefits. Good balance between work and my personal life. Able to move up in the company when the opportunity appeared. Friendly staff. Great company to work for.
terrible
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 26, 2019
I would never recommend anyone to work here. They play favorites and if you miss one day off work with time cover they make a big deal about it. They gossip.
Fun meeting new people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Minden, LAAugust 26, 2019
I love working at Security Finance it has taught me how to multitask and you can really grow within the company. The management team is really awesome I just really like
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Rude customers
Horible place to work
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 24, 2019
The managers are very rude and the other fact about the company is that they dont care about there employees they dont focus on you but the sales and the fat manager that I worked for all she cared about was eating there is no help you will fail dont work for these company
Great
Senior Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Del City, OKAugust 23, 2019
Great workplace. Wonderful benefits. Wish pay was a bit more after you have all the training and what not done. I believe you should gwt paid for amount of experience and you going above and beyond and I have not got that. A 50 cent raise after 90 days and a year mark get another 50 cents. Then raises are based on performance
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 23, 2019
Ive been working for Security Finance for almost 7 years. It's a great company to work for some days you have to work harder than others. Some days you don't work as hard.
Needs work
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 22, 2019
High turn over rate! Has employees basically do what they want with no precautions for their actions. If you try and take off and have time it’s like pulling teeth!
Stressful work environment with management expecting too much.
Assistant Manager/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILAugust 20, 2019
To start they should be more upfront about wages. I had no idea how much they pay until I looked on indeed (after I was hired). I would not have accepted the job offer at $11/hr. You are expected to call hundreds of ppl every day 90+% don’t answer because you are doing collections. If you don’t get done with your calls you have to stay until you are done. Typically calling 180-200+ a day. If not more when a go worker isn’t there because you pick up their calls. And on the rare chance you get your calls done early you “get to” call them again. Then to end your day you have to put up 20-50 files that were taken out and just stuck on top of the file cabinets. Your life/work balance will suck between staying late and at the end of the month saying till 9pm and working. Every other Saturday if not every. 10/10 would not recommend working here. Unless you want to be broke, unsatisfied and have no life.
Pros
Hr lunch
Cons
No breaks, poor pay, poor management
Collections
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 19, 2019
It can be very challenging doing collections day in and day out but overall its a good job. They are really considerate in family situations and take really good care of their employees
Management sucked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 15, 2019
Manager always belittled me in front of customers never acknowledged my ability to do things. They don’t like for you to have a life at home work always comes first
Pros
Bonuses if numbers met
Cons
Friendly place to work at
Senior assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILAugust 13, 2019
They give you great opportunities to learn and grow.
Work with a friendly company who always go out there way to help and understand the job.
You also get to travel and visit new places.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight