Security First Insurance Company (Security First Managers)

Security First Insurance Company (Security First Managers) Employee Reviews

Excellent
Property Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Daytona FloridaSeptember 13, 2019
Wonderful company from start to finish. Promote from within, excellent bonuses, excellent pay, understanding of personal obligations and relaxed atmosphere
Most unprofessional place due to upper management
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2019
Where do I begin? Racism is common in upper management. It’s a boys club. HR doesn’t care and hides clear issues with directors in each department. There are professional nice people and mean and rude people that are sleeping with management and other employees. So many computer security breaches and reported but they don’t care. Many great adjusters have left the company. What would help? Women promoted to director or higher management. Get rid of the boys club and ALL supervisors and high upper management go through sensitivity training. Write them up! Treat employees fairly.
Everyone there was miserable.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FL 32176August 19, 2019
Management has no accountability. Managers disrespect and abuse employees. They troll your social media and twist anything that is personal to be about them and use it against you. They do not recognize commitment or hard work. They promote on friendship. There business software is homemade and does not meet basic needs. Beware. Proceed with caution.
Productive and positive work environment
Inside Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 23, 2019
A typical work day was always really busy with a lot of work to be handled, the managers were always very helpful. I learned a lot about the adjusting process from my leaders and my peers.
Productive, positive work environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 2, 2019
Very professional company.
All management fair and respectful.
Company benefits very fair.
Good, relaxed atmosphere.

I would have liked more to do to keep me busy but, I did not give the company enough chance for me to advance. I left the company too soon. Would like to get another chance to work for them if possible.

Very good company to work for. Pretty sure I could have advanced quickly.
Pros
Paid time off-sick days
Narrow minded bigots
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 12, 2019
Discriminated employee for active involvement with the LGTB community, continuously attempted to reprimand without giving opportunity for employee's defense, which later proved to be grossly falsified.
Loved working here
Senior Examiner in Large Loss Unit (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 3, 2019
atmosphere was great and the management cared about their employees. If I ever move back to Florida I would definitely attempt to re apply with them in hopes I would be rehired.
Security First employees are great people
Specialty Insurance Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 28, 2018
A typical day at work would be underwriting new business and renewals. Assist agents with finding a market for their customers. Co-workers assist each other.
Pros
Positive attitude
Cons
Salary not so great.
ok place to work until manager decided she didn't want me working there
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 14, 2018
Manager decided she didn't want me working there and kept doing things to sabotage my work, and the work of others. Even though there were 3 of us going to HR about the matter the manager would lie about it and have a cover story that Human Resources believed.
Cons
low pay scale and no chance of advancement
fast faced unorginazed
Customer Service/Agent (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 21, 2018
I have no comment about this job.
It was busy , chaotic . The mood depended on the day of the manager. I love working with the clients and disliked being treated like I didn't know anything
Pros
monday thru friday
Cons
management
Productive place to work
POLICY SERVICES DIVISION REP (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 13, 2018
Busy, calm work space and great benefits. The company is here for the customers storm after storm, year after year. Growing company that takes care of employees.
Pros
Benefit/salary
Find out for yourself
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
When I began my tenure at Security First, it was a wonderful place to work. Then came the changes. Now, I am all for change and some of the changes were great and others, not so much. They do promote from within however, 90% of the time the company calls this a lateral move. No pay increase. HR promises one thing and then does another. It's hard to have faith in that. They do provide a fantastic benefit package but very costly if you are on a family plan.
Pros
Great people to work with if not upper management, occasional free lunches.
Cons
Hard to get to talk to upper management. You must go through too many team lead, supervisor, department manager, and THEN you may be heard.
I was a Temp for Hurricane Irma
CAT IRMA Temp - Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
I was a Customer Claims Service temp for Hurricane Irma. Really Wished they Would Have Hired me Full Time. Great Company but I came in after others had a week of training and I did not. Was expected to know what was in the training. In which I did not have. Still handled all calls with professionalism and was able to escalate calls to where they needed to be. A bit Stressful for me.
Pros
Great Company and People to Work With
Cons
I was only there as a temp with 50 others.
Poor Management, no training, no advancement
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJune 5, 2018
Not recommended. No procedures. Favoritism. No advancement. Uneducated and unqualified managers. Management complaining about lack of funds but flashing new purchases. No training offered.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLMay 10, 2018
Was fast-paced in answering incoming claim calls. Trying to decide which ones were needed the most attention. Team members were friendly and great to work with.
Productive and fast paced
Desk Examiner (Catastrophe) Hurricane Irma (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 13, 2018
This was a fast paced work enviroment that was manged very well on a daily basis. There were many different cultures that proved to be vary good people to work with. Management stayed on top of things to make sure everyone was happy and enjoyed the work enviroment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare
I loved working at Security First
Senior Examiner in Large Loss Unit (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLApril 10, 2018
The only reason I am not still with Security First is because my grand son has a terminal liver disease. If I could work remote for them in Tennessee, I would be the first on that band wagon. They are very Customer Oriented and they care for their employees. The work is hard but you are rewarded for a job well done. I miss working there for sure
Pros
Competative pay, good work environment
A great place to work, room for career growth, excellent benefits and compensation
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 16, 2017
I have worked for 2 other insurance carriers. Security First is a small, growing, customer-focused Florida homeowners insurance company. The work hours are acceptable, management is not overbearing, and they really take care of their employees. They got hit with hurricanes 2 years in a row, which caused customer service levels to drop due to a lack of adequate manpower, but they continued to strive to work through the claims, and get the needed help to their customers. They are always working to make their processes more streamlined, and they always have the "now hiring" sign on as they continue to grow rapidly. I hope to work here for the rest of my working career. I would recommend working here to anyone who is looking for a rewarding career in insurance claims, and customer service. No company is perfect, but this one comes awfully close in my book based on my career goals.
Pros
great work culture, benefits, focus on family
Cons
can't think of any
Developing company
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJune 7, 2017
This a developing company that is trying to grow too fast. They do not have enough experience people in the claims department to expand at a rapid pace at this time.
Excellent place to work, great working environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 28, 2017
This is one of the best places to work, people are all so well treated by all the managers and in general. All the benefits you can have as an employee you will have here. They consider the employee as a person not just a number, celebration of all the holidays and birthdays of the month was great.
Pros
working environment is excellent
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security First Insurance Company (Security First Managers). Our community is ready to answer.

Security First Insurance Company (Security First Managers) Reviews by Location