Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sis
Security Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day you will walk any were from 10 to 20 miles you get your normal two 15 min brakes and a paid lunch. You will mostly work alone and pass down information of to the next officer vise versa. There is not a lot of ways to advance as a career. Management was 50/50 someday you had really good leads other days it was a leaning curve.
Great Envirment and staff !!!
Global Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2019
great staff, management and environment. management worked well with officers, training was done during briefing at beginning of every shift. Awesome work environment.
Comfortable at Director level. Any position below not so much.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2019
If you make Director level your position within SIS is improved ten fold. However, if you are a current employee in order to obtain this position you have to be voted in by the current executive leadership team during their annual executive retreat. Yes/No vote.
Pros
Great CEO and CFO
Cons
Some senior level leaders (VP's) are out of touch with the field staff/leadership
The hardest part of the job
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2019
They have you standing in one area for an extended amount of time and you cannot sit down. They claim it is for being professional, but when you work grave and there are no employees there it shouldn't be an issue. Your legs hurt if you have a straight 12. They offer these heavy mats to check out but they don't really make a huge difference and they weigh a ton.
Pros
45 min. lunch, pay, hours, pay for miles driven on the job
Cons
supervisors, they extend your hours out of nowhere
Lobby Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 19, 2018
SIS was good to me over the past 8 years. I learned and developed great skills. Unfortunately SIS was not about to give me the raise I was entitled to..But all in all its a great Company, the management staff is terrific..
Nice place to work, and kitchen full of free snacks and drinks
Brand Coordinator/Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 18, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. But some areas are way too micro-managed, which can make you feel uncomfortable about anything you do. Nice offices.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks, and occasional socials
Cons
Micro-managed.
good company pro's & con's are pretty much equal
Shift supervisor at SIS (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2018
solid resume builder good place to start if you are just coming into the industry but i wouldn't stay to long not really any reason to move upwards through the company ladder and pay for supervisors inst to bad but definitely needs to be raised due to work load
Well managed & Employee oriented
Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2018
As a member of the Special Operations Unit, I was well taken care of. We are utilized based on our skill sets and the work environment is constantly changing. Great contract position.
Pros
Work load
Cons
N/a
It's a security job.
Security Control Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
Overall, it's not a bad company to work for. Company offered benefits are reasonable, and my experience with management hasn't been negative. The only time the job really sucks, and this is true for all security positions, is when your team just wants to show up and collect a paycheck. If you've got a good team, you'll have a good day.
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks
Cons
Lunch break is unpaid. You will work an 8hr 45min day to make up for this.
my view
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 15, 2018
Supported Chief Operating Officer with daily operational functions.
Responded to customer requests via telephone and email.
Analyzed departmental documents for appropriate distribution and filing.
Performed initial client assessment and analysis to begin research process.
Warned offenders about rule infractions and violations and verbally evicted violators from
Education
premises.
Secured all doors in the office and main building after hours.
Denied entrance to the building to unauthorized persons.
Monitored and reported suspicious activities to local authorities.
Monitored central alarm system for fire, intrusion, and duress alarms and responded when needed.
Performed surveillance of suspects using binoculars, cameras and camcorders
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORNovember 13, 2018
I have nothing to say about this job. I did not enjoy it. It was not challenging enough for me. It was a last resort type of job for me at the time I was employed there.
Easy job for college students
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2018
My time as a Security Specialist at Security Industry Specialist in San Jose, Ca was spent well until they started firing Supervisors left and right with Security Specialists. New Supervisors came in and stared disrespecting Specialists and their own Supervisors. Throwing each other under the bus just to try and get a promotion. Your pay rate is dependent on the contract and it takes several years for someone to get a raise. Was there 3 years with no raise.
Great people with a clear understanding of the company's mission.
Security Operations Training Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 27, 2018
As the Operations training manager I'm engaged in the client facing aspects of each of our Fortune 50 deployments. Our company's "Tailored Solutions" to security concerns means I am able to create vital "just -in-time" training to safeguard our clients personnel, properties, and intellectual products.
Work Schedule is worst when you're beginner
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAOctober 24, 2018
They need to informed employees or instead of sending an email to enroll for Medical insurance, its better to provide it once the training or orientation has started.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
healthcare, HR is lack of communication
Security Industry Specialists great place to get foot in door.
Business Assurance Center Operator (Former Employee) –  SeatteOctober 15, 2018
This is a standard security guard company that tries to separate itself from others. It provided a great opportunity to advance to bigger jobs outside of company.
Pros
Good pay for what you do, great for networking
Cons
limited promotion op from inside
An excellent company to advance in the Security Industry
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
Some key traits to exemplify and possess for SIS: positive, can do attitude, attentiveness, detail-oriented, passionate for excellent customer service and ambitious. All of these traits are important, but ambition is key to taking you further, as in opportunities for promotion and to learn more on the job.
Security Specialist
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2018
Good company with fair pay. Nice place to work. You get to interact with employees and staff. The benefits are good (medical/dental/401k/vacation). Enjoyed my time at SIS. There is always room for advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Exactly what you would expect
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORSeptember 22, 2018
Some managers are straight arrows, the rules are the rules. Some managers go out of their way to find things to pick at. No matter what the job is deadly boring; if you can't stand to spend long hours alone in a vast building it won't work for you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Boring
N/a
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2018
Post control, security roves, building roves, access control, loading docks, alarm responses.we did briefing everyday 30 after we clock in of our times.
Great for those seeking professional advancement
Watch Commander (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2018
This company seeks the best, and hires accordingly. The company culture seeks to have those that want to improve to have the ability to do so by identifying those who have great potential and nurturing it. Management can be hit or miss, but all management shares the desire to see their employees improve.
Pros
Great benefits, weekly pay, competitive salary
Cons
Salary expected to be able to work OT at moment's notice w/o compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight