Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. selected this as a representative review
A good company that cares about their employees.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is being part of a team that is willing to help develop and guide you to where you want to go. Whether it be a specialist or a supervisor, they will reward hard work and dedication.
I shall never recommend Security Industry Specialists.
Corporate Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2019
I shall never recommend Security Industries Specialists. I experienced times when my relief from work at the completion of my shift would not arrive and in one example I was not able to contact any supervisor to advise for over two hours. On many occasions I was not provided with any breaks. I applied for a supervisor position after being contacted by the director of employment because I had been recommended by other supervisors and a time for the interview was set via email. When my appointment time arrived the director of employment, with whom I was to interview did not arrive, I waited for one and a half hours but he never arrivied. I attempted to contact him but was unable to reach him. I did email him requesting an explaination & received a return email that he had no explaination to provide. I also did not receive an apology. I decided to not pursue the supervisor position. I do have documentation to substantiate these claims.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
There were times when I was not provided a break .
SIS managers need improvement/retraining
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
Dear Security Industry specialists NYC,

Managers ask yourselves this, "what makes a good employee"?
Employees ask yourselves this, "What makes a good employer"?
Both titles go hand in hand, each needing the other to survive.
It is crucial in a working environment.
SIS, you guys really need to improve your method of hiring. Stop tossing out applications just because you think the potential candidate wouldn't fit. You cant always judge an applicant, the way most security companies do. You cant always determine a candidates work performance based on a hunch.
You lose good candidates everyday with your throw out application policy. Just because you wear fancy tailored suits and push pencils in an office environment, doesn't mean you are qualified to properly select candidates. Last I checked, its the security guard's whose job ensures success for the company. Society says a college degree equals success, not everyone lives by the rules of society. Even if you don't have a college degree, you can be successful. Why, because we live in a world of endless possibilities.
SIS, there is a reason why the word "International" is not part of your name or acronym.
SIS, don't be unfair. Give every candidate a chance, an equal chance.
Pros
Good pay based on location
Couldn't get hours
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 27, 2019
I never could get any more than thirty two a week. Which in turn would not allow me to qualify for benefits. Was promised more hours and they never came.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Same story, different mask
Lead Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2019
SIS wants to pride itself on the fact that it's the security provider for all the top tech companies. But they're no different than any of the other security companies out there. Ineffective managers who are only in charge because of who they know, poor hiring practices, and the job is very boring.
Pros
Polo shirt uniform with 5.11 pants
Cons
Advancement opportunity, benefits, job duties
A very unstable enviroment
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2019
A lot of things need to be worked on there are far too many supervisors with moods swings and some barely trained. Depending on where you are located you might have good coworkers who are decent. but 60% of the time it is drama and a lot of unprofessional acts by supervisors and coworkers behind the scenes. Watch out for supervisors playing favorites.
Pros
most positives things were taking away after only working 3 months
Cons
bad management, unneccessary posts, unprofessional workspace
Great work environment
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORFebruary 20, 2019
Great training and work environment. Makes sure you are trained properly for all positions. Good shift hours and availability. Good management. Good benefits.
Pros
Great wages and work environment
Cons
Lots of walking
You get in what you put out
Security Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
use of police codes are common on site. High-end retail is still retail and you are at the mercy of the store. Take pride in your appearance as presence is key. Great opportunity for Men of larger size 6'2 and up! they could use more! learn attention to detail and reading of body language constantly be alert. take your job seriously lose yr focus and get too comfortable and things happen.
Horrible job great pay
specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2019
This job has great benefits and great pay but when you really get down to it supervisor talk to you any kind of way, I am in the middle of a snowstorm and even though the news has is as emergency orange this job wants you to risk your life to get to work just to be treated like you don't matter to the company, hr is just as bad as the supervisors I've got days off request approved and hr/scheduling will accept my days and then turn around an take me off the schedule and say I did a no call no show and will take 4 days to put you back on the schedule.
Pros
Cons
everything but pay and benefits
Fast-paced work environment
Watch Commander (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2019
A fast-paced working environment to where every day there is something new. You'll always being on the go to ensure security, safety, and costumer service is provided.
Organized place to work
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 7, 2019
They are very much to the books at SIS, but not much else to be said besides that. Work could be considered seasonal, and it can get very slow in winter. They don't take the best care of employees in the case of weather, however. I've had to stand in the sun for many hours during 100F+ weather. I've also had to stand outside during low 30F with several layers of jackets but not being allowed to sit in a vehicle, or inside the heated booth right next to me.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches, not very demanding physically or mentally
Cons
Standing for very long periods of time, no sitting, withstand weather

Want to know more about Security Industry Specialists, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Good company with employees that laughs together allot. Would feel comfortable in there. Only downside, would be the walks. It could be killer to your feet. Get some Dr.Scholls or something
Pros
Decent pay, friendly people
Cons
Killer to your feet
Great at first...not so much after advancing
Executive Protection (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2019
I started as a specialist and quickly advanced through the ranks. Once I found out what was really going on at SIS, I left hastily. Over time I learned they are involved in a social engineering project involving harassment and constant monitoring of innocent people. They use sonic technology to alter peoples moods. All very strange. No way I was going to participate in gang stalking so I quit.
Pros
Paid lunches and bus fare
Cons
Gangstalking
Passed over for management positon
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 23, 2019
I am management qualified and was passed over twice. I worked on call/part time. Supervisor was inexperienced and immature, contract work caused employees limited enforcement capacities
rediculous rules
security specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2019
many of the people working there are extremely politically correct, and there is a cut-throat culture, but in today's society its innocent until proven guilty, not the other way. You don't always know who will do it, but their HR Dept is at the heart of it, and they are corrupt. They will write you up even if you can prove with doctor's office visits that you have an illness.
Pros
provide bus fare and uniforms
Cons
bad upper level managers
vigelente place
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 17, 2019
security industry is best place to work, because you can grow from specialist to high level on the job. I love to be in charged and facing responsability.
Fusion Specialist Bess
Fusion specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2019
As a Fusion Specialist, I represent the best of the best! Theres a high standard to live up to and it comes with a lot of pressure. Day in and day out you get use to it and end up reaching for something higher. It takes a lot of focus and determination because all you really have is your team to depend on. It really helps that most most of my co-workers are also veterans. Every branch of the military working together and everyone is doing their part and contributing what they can to meet your common goal and keep our watch commander happy. Im close to my three month mark and Im so glad to be here. I do the best I can everyday.
Pros
great pay and very prefessional work environment
Cons
no room for mistakes, very strict
Sis
Security Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day you will walk any were from 10 to 20 miles you get your normal two 15 min brakes and a paid lunch. You will mostly work alone and pass down information of to the next officer vise versa. There is not a lot of ways to advance as a career. Management was 50/50 someday you had really good leads other days it was a leaning curve.
Great Envirment and staff !!!
Global Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2019
great staff, management and environment. management worked well with officers, training was done during briefing at beginning of every shift. Awesome work environment.
Comfortable at Director level. Any position below not so much.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 7, 2019
If you make Director level your position within SIS is improved ten fold. However, if you are a current employee in order to obtain this position you have to be voted in by the current executive leadership team during their annual executive retreat. Yes/No vote.
Pros
Great CEO and CFO
Cons
Some senior level leaders (VP's) are out of touch with the field staff/leadership
The hardest part of the job
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2019
They have you standing in one area for an extended amount of time and you cannot sit down. They claim it is for being professional, but when you work grave and there are no employees there it shouldn't be an issue. Your legs hurt if you have a straight 12. They offer these heavy mats to check out but they don't really make a huge difference and they weigh a ton.
Pros
45 min. lunch, pay, hours, pay for miles driven on the job
Cons
supervisors, they extend your hours out of nowhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight