Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Do not work for this company if you are in security
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2018
No pay raise in 6 years, bad leadership, from Watch Commander up. If you are not part of the click, you will not get promoted, and will be look down on. And they will get you out of the way.
Pros
Great Contract for a Major Company downtown Seattle.
Cons
Leadership need help, no good leader in upper management, it a buddy system to get promoted.
A good company that cares about their employees.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is being part of a team that is willing to help develop and guide you to where you want to go. Whether it be a specialist or a supervisor, they will reward hard work and dedication.
High Speed
Global Security Operations Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 5, 2018
This company serves a high speed client in an even higher speed industry concentration. It's easy for some to get lost in the day to day activities depending on your job title, but also easy for those looking to quickly advance their career and learn plenty of new subject matters. This is a very diverse work environment with plenty of room for growth for their employees. Overall, you get what you put into it.
Pros
Very relaxed work environment as long as the incumbent does their job
Cons
Easy for entry-level employees to get lost in the high speed aspects
Unprofessional location
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98101May 2, 2018
Low morale environment and management. Managers don't know how to handle issues, they don't have a common sense and believe gossip and too much favoritism and set up personnel for failure.
Great Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 22, 2018
Great Job while it lasted but did not have enough events to work. Wish it was more full time positions. Great company to work for if you are looking for Part time
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Not enough events
Did not care for the way the company ran
Field Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2018
Like anywhere the company did not hold everyone to the same standard. This showed through the way they promoted and treated their employees. In my eyes favoritism went all the way up management to CEO.
The hardest part of the job is...
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 6, 2018
the hardest part of the job is the long hours for boring security escorts. other than boring work It is a fine company. The best thing was the people you will meet.
Friendly work environment
Security Officer/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2018
Great company to work for. someone in HR always there to help with any issues. On site training, and learn while you work. Supervisors are nice and easy to work with.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2018
Duties: customer service, monitor access control, escort vendors, activate/deactivate badges, communicate with BAC (Business Assurance Center) dispatch for escalation or emergency purposes, etc.
The job wasn't hard at all you just had to be very observant.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with Amazonians.
Pros
frequent breaks because we had a lot of employees to help
Cons
time went by slow sometimes
Very Professional
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCMarch 21, 2018
My experience at S.I.S (Security Industry Specialist) was one of the best places in my opinion to work for. Very professional. I worked with them for 2 years and I met a lot of very good, very polite people I have every met in my life
Pros
Management is very easy to talk to
Cons
Contracts work is short
Poor management
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2018
Literally anyone could get hired I feel. There's no professionalism here. They boast about wanting to move people up in the positions but don't. Unless you know someone who could hook you up. I do not get the vibe of a security company who brags about only serving fortune 500 companies from this company. Yes they have great clients but the company itself needs improvement. There is no competitive edge. Like I said, anyone could get hired...
Pros
45min lunch break, provides orca card.
Cons
Poor managment, not a professional work enviroment, not a competitive work place
Okay workplace
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2018
SIS is okay company to work for. You have lots supervisors don’t care for you and you have some employees will snitch on you to take your position. Pays every Friday and pays the bill so can’t complain about that.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the break room, 45 minuets lunch
Cons
Supervisors
Contract Security
Off Duty Officer, (ODO) (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 12, 2018
A lot of good people, very good at communication. All the management and supervision seemed to be very understanding and motivated. There appears to be a lot of opportunity for work, however it is based on contracts so sometimes it goes in waves, but for the most part the pay is good and they are efficient.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Job
Hospitality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2018
So much opportunity for growth. Very flexible options if you attend school or another job. There isn't any stress unless you cause it for yourself. There is also accommodations should you have any injuries or disabilities.
Pros
Flexible
Security
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 4, 2018
It seems like a standard security job where there doesn't seem to be any room for advancement and pay raise is quite rare not to mention that getting full time is also difficult
Sis
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2018
This Racist, Discriminating, Sexist Company has been one of the worst security companies to work for. If your a woman picture life before the 1920s and still today, If your a minority just know your for show and the upper class-man use you because of your image. I can go on and on and on about this company but just see for yourself. Its amazing money, but not enough to get disrespected everyday at work or harassed.
Pros
Great Money and Educational
Cons
Racist, Discriminating, Sexist
Security company ran by yuppies.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 2, 2018
There's a lot of expectations that come from the people at SIS. For one, they expect you to stand in one spot for long hours. Another is; the people here call you for a interview numerous times. Once you are hired, they put you in a position at some techie company that expects you to stand stiff all day long in a corner. Most clients don't treat you like equals. I don't think the management at SIS ever worked as a security officer. They seem more like yuppies who have a retail, business, or techie background.
Pros
Pays better than other companies
Cons
They want you to stand still and stiff like the Queen's Guard.
Team Players
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2018
Great group of people and always willing to help each other. A lot of experience in the field that any new comer can appreciate. Everyone has a mutual respect for each other no matter what position they hold.
You are expendible.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ChanelJanuary 28, 2018
I was let go whit no warning,no write ups. They need to learn who they put and where.are they the right person for this place? Is that person stressing in this spot?.No they just get rid of you after years,YEARS.of putting up whit nasty people witch I didn't mind as long as I wasn't bothered by them.I was doing my job and more.for ex: doorman at the same time store employee giving me bad attitude all because I couldn't response to what ever need or I'm not paying attention to something going on far from me,at the same time I cant leave the door.2nd they want you to do some other work that is not on my book to be security officers job, but me as a good person I did.about the way I was "let go"just going to say, the rule that they told me I didn't fallow or i broke is a lie,its all technicality so now on paper it looks like im a bad worker .they don't care if you have a problem, or after 8 hr you just don't remember where your standing anymore because of lack of sleep.everyone has problems in life,I cant even get unemployment because of SIS, not saying I would make a living whit what I was going to get,i just don't share my problems.this is just 60% of it..hope for all security specialist the best. Keep going forward people.;).
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No rase after years of work.
nice place to work just have to follow the rules
Security Specialist, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 11, 2018
great job for those in school or with other life commitments . you get fill out your own work schedule and the scheduling team sets you up with jobs within your availability.
Pros
works with any schedule
Cons
sometimes there is no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Industry Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight