Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Security Industry Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States410 reviews
Featured review
Security Industry Specialists, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The most enjoyable part of this job is being part of a team that is willing to help develop and guide you to where you want to go. Whether it be a specialist or a supervisor, they will reward hard work and dedication.
I wouldn’t recommend this kind of job to someone who’s bored easily, have problems with standing for hrs, and being switched from post to post, or maybe than forcing smile on your face to ease tension when customers are rude, I moved from western states to Chicago, nothing but horrible companies offering part time jobs, where rents and taxes are highest in the nation.
Pros
You will survive on part time somehow.
Cons
Everything.
They have huge favoritism and if the management doesn’t like you they will find the smallest thing to get rid of you to prove a point and abuse their authority. They have been sued before and wouldn’t be surprised if they get sued again. I made of mistake of not contacting or emailing hr for the mistreatment of me and the other employees get. I reported a watch commander to hr and it felt like walking on egg shells after that. The specialist/supervisors should make a habit of reporting directly to hr not to the upper management because they tend to cover for themselves.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Missed breaks, late breaks, bad leaders
Horrible company, offering nothing but flex positions because they cannot hold officers for too long , nothing but constant standing and dealing with customers, on top hiring process takes forever especially in Chicago office, stay away....
Pros
Standing for hrs in your post
Cons
Dealing with customer
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
So you looking for employees, you hire those recruiters who have no integrity no willingness to help applicants, and what very unprofessional is the fact that your recruiters are very careless, self absorbed, treat applicants like numbers, why don’t you teach or give training to recruiters to respect whoever they interview., at lest send massage or call -, you not interested in hiring, Not leaving people for weeks in bimbo ( that’s very unprofessional to assure applicants we let you know Than be silent for weeks) I just cannot imagine to work for such unprofessional compu.
Pros
They promise you to call back.
Cons
They bag you to interview you, Than don’t respond to applicants.
Flexible hours. Management to coworkers are all friendly and our clients are awesome to work with. I highly recommend appling for this job. You'll be working with awesome managers and team members.
Pros
Flexible hours, Overtime, Set schedule, Benefits awesome. Paid vacation, Awesome management, And more
Cons
N/a
Pretty decent company. Decent benefits and pay. Not a career unless you move up into management, but theyre good about promoting within. You can pick up shifts and work pretty much as much overtime as you can handle.
It seems SIS invests their interest into employees who are a “ cut above the rest”. Every field level employee was qualified, committed, and knowledgable.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Very poor management.
Overall, working for SIS was fun and interesting. Learned few new things and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with each day.
The pay is fair (for the most part), especially in the physical security space. The questionable pay comes into play with my specific position: Application Support Specialist.
We provide Physical Access Control System services on a global basis, using access control applications like Lenel and video management systems like Vidsys. The work walks the lines between customer services, technical support, Access Control Administration, and Access Control Engineering.

While the base pay of $29 an hour (non-negotiable) is very nice for a standard physical security guard in the area, those in the technical side of things are often paid a good deal more.

We often have dealings with assistants to the C-Suite execs of our client, a global tech giant based out of Cupertino, CA. We assist with Global Security Investigations into HR, Employee Relations, loss prevention, and ethical violations. We help design the access control setups for new buildings coming online and decommission old buildings.

The job is challenging enough to be at least somewhat satisfying, though not challenging enough to be frustrating. If you are a top performer, though, and wish to pursue a more technical job, this is the pinnacle you can achieve with SIS. There is no higher technical job. Even the supervisor makes a salary that is less than we do if we work 4-5 hours of OT each week, on average.

Honestly, though...The lack of further growth and the limited pay and benefits are my only complaints. The work atmosphere is good. I love my team. I love my supervisor and managers. I enjoy the job. Not a BAD
 - more...
If you're looking for job security, swipe left. There's no union here, and the upper management basically set their employees up for failure, placing them on unending standing posts while asking them never be distracted, impossible for the most stoic personalities. Their response to any client complaint, no matter how accurate is swift and paranoid - immediate termination without warning. This company has a litigious history with wrongful terminations and attempts to stymie efforts to unionize. It's why they've lost several accounts. Ironically they make the officers the scapegoats for their bad management. Steer clear. Find a union.
Im a current employee and im already looking for work somewhere else. Ive already been working here with them for a while now & the employee turn over ratio is high as well as supervision. We lost a very awesome supervisor recently in return got some airhead whos only been with the company 2 weeks ??? Run away !!
Overall a good company with the work hard, play hard attitude. Work responsibilities can be challenging at times, which is good! Offers opportunities for advancement if you apply yourself.
This is without a doubt the worst company I have ever work for micromanaged so bad. Not very helpful management and supervisors or co-workers to be honest. This is a place that sucks there is something up with this company as others may put it anyhow overall worst company ever.
Don’t apply not worth it you don’t matter to them at all!
Hours are there but no room for advancement unless you are part of the popular crowd. Worker get over looked for many different management or supervisor positions.
Pros
hours
Cons
Rude Supervisors
Overall the Security Company seems to be to many Chiefs and not enough workers. Seems things change every day from different people. No one really stand up for the ones they are in charge of. Most all changes come verbal. No real set SOPs in writing on what we are doing.
From what I have seen of the actual Security Staff they are used as robots and not actual Security. Pay overall is decent. Has been reported that once we do get offered a FT/PT or Flex job with them they over less then which is listed on the SIS Job Listing. Overall I would say pay is decent but not worth the treatment. If they do overhaul and actually hold the Supervisors accountable things might change but currently most are in a bubble without seeing the outside.
Managers are micro managers, they will fire you over little infractions, there is a lot of favoritism at this company, quick to write you up for 1 minute late from break or lunch, company sucks
SIS is an amazing security company to work for. Upper management really care about their employees and it shows through their hourly pay and benefits.
Extremely great company!! I love the people and how they take care of us!! I will never leaving this company! I am so honored to be a part of this organization!
Pros
Great atmosphere, and people
Cons
You will be on standby all the time.They have their favorites who get steady work.You will be getting notified at the last minute about work.They would send me email for work in two hours, are you for real.No steady work unless you are friends.Everything was hurry up and get here.Money is decent but no way to have a steady schedule.If you like be notified at the drop of a hat for retail security then you will be fine.
It was easy to get the job. They pay a lot of overtime at one time and not enough hours at another time. I go to work not knowing how many hours I am going to work for the day.