Security Lock Distributors Employee Reviews

2.0Pay & Benefits
Friendly people, no HR department
Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 5, 2015
I worked directly with the head locksmith, a very knowledgeable and kind gentleman. We hit it off immediately and worked very well as a team.

I already had the skills I needed to fulfill customer orders; mainly I learned how to use the company's engraving and computer key machines, and how their paperwork was set up.

Management was very new and did not seem to understand the place of the Lock Shop in the greater company, or the importance of the work it does. I was not given a clear job offer or picture of what to expect for my future.

The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with management and have them hear me. They hired me to work specific hours with weekly OT and then reneged on my OT with no warning. It was a financial hardship and very frustrating.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the more challenging customer requests- for master key systems, or for a key that we would have to dig through the records to find. I enjoyed the more in-depth projects, and learning about different product lines.
Pros
Free coffee, casual wardobe
Cons
Low pay, no HR
warehouse work
Warehouse Personnel (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 30, 2014
i learned a lot about the shipping/receiving process. i also learned alot about order picking.
Sales
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 19, 2013
Phone sales, technical assistance, troubleshooting, locksmith and contractors were our customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Lock Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

Security Lock Distributors Reviews by Location