Security National Bank Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Very conservative, sexist and lacking diversity....
Trust Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 3, 2018
Do not work there unless you are a white Male or super conservative. SNB has excellent customer service & products. I was shocked at how horrible the corporate culture was. I literally was looking for employment elsewhere from day one. I would never work there again. I even discontinued banking there because of the way I was treated and they way they treated others.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Super conservative, little to no chance of advancement, low wage compensation
Official response from Security National Bank
July 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our customer service, products, and benefits. With that being said, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our company culture. As a service-oriented, professional organization, we strive to provide the very best to our customers, all of our employees, and the community.

Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 8, 2017
Good job for college or high school students. Not much room for advancement. The culture varies on what branch a person is located at. Indifferent on recommending to prospective employees.
Official response from Security National Bank
July 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We pride ourselves from promoting from within whenever possible and continuously strive to provide the very best to our customers, all of our employees, and the community.

Great Work Environment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 22, 2017
This company has a great work environment. I loved my time there; however, I wanted to explore other industries and opportunities. If the pay was more competitive, I would have been willing to retire there.
First job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 30, 2016
Loved working at the motor bank. My coworkers made it an enjoyable place to work. Very fast paced which I loved and awesome customers.
benefits
Cons
working saturdays
Locally owned bank with great training programs
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDDecember 16, 2016
Security National Bank was a nice place to work. As an employee I always felt welcome by my fellow coworkers. It felt like I belonged there, it was a home away from home.
Very fun workplace
FSR (Former Employee) –  Sioux, IASeptember 25, 2016
SNB is more based on customer service and less on sales although they like you to meet your goals the customers make it fun a lot of the same customers come in so you get to really know them SNB is very good to customers and employees with great benefits
Night Operations
Computer Operator/Check Processor (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 2, 2015
The night operations staff and check processing team was positive and upbeat. Leadership was supportive and completed training with a hands on approach.
fun work environment
Pre-Closing Coordinator- Mortgage Department (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 18, 2015
This position was a newly created position. I learned how to clear up title commitments by contacting attorneys, customers, courthouse to find out what was needed to clear it so the commitment was clean and had no outstanding judgments or liens on the property. I filled in for the supervisor while she was on maternity leave. I ran reports for the VP of the department, assigned folders to the closing department. I enjoyed working in this department where there were only 8 employees. We all got along really well. We had fun working together while still getting our work completed. The hardest part of this position was waiting for returned phone calls or having to make repeated phone calls to clear up the commitments.
Pros
big bank but small department with only 8 employees
Cons
not much room for advancement
Great learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 21, 2014
Whole new learning curve. Enjoyed working with the different customers that I did.