Security National Mortgage Employee Reviews

Unless you are a man, you will not promote.
Management (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 24, 2019
Nepotism and the woman/male pay gap is alive and well. Unless you are a man or related you will not be considered for promotion. You will make less than men and work harder.
You will complete assignments out of your salary requirements.
Watch men drive up in a Mercedes, while you are struggling to afford food for your children.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No promotion opportunity
Horrible Management in Scottsdale, AZ
Branch Manager/ Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2019
So many broken promises. High rates, off the market. Management support was horrible when I was here. A lot of unnecessary drama, culture was not a good fit.
Pros
Great Processing team at the time
Cons
Poor management, no support, high rates
Best Mortgage Company in town!
Senior Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2019
I have worked for many Mortgage Companies in my 26 years in the mortgage industry. Besides the mortgage company that I started up, Security National Mortgage is by far the best mortgage company I have ever worked for.

From the Mangers to the Loan Processors, Underwriters, Closer's, Front desk & other helpful employees, this company is amazing!!

The entire atmosphere is friendly and kind. I am a huge fan of Security National Mortgage.
Pros
Employees, Atmosphere, Surroundings/Views, Management, and helpfulness.
Awesome Job
CUSTOMER RETENTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2018
Because this job was held so long ago I cant remember much but it was a great job to gain great experience in customer service, learning Excel, and maintaining customer satisfaction. It was a very laid back environment but still busy. I was the first form of contact for customers calling in so the hardest part was making sure every customer was greeted and transferred to the right department.
Disorganized
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
I have worked in mortgage for 20 years, and this is the most disorganized company by far. There is little to no training and employees are supposed to just "wing it" and do their best. Information is rarely shared between departments, and management is constantly restructuring things trying to make it better, but never following through with the proposed changes.
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
No one seems to know the answers to anything.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 9, 2018
A typical day at Security National is very busy rush rush most loan are turned over within 15 days, all loan officers are reviewing their loan twice a week with loan processor to make sure this happen.
Temp Job
Loan Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 27, 2018
Was a temp job only. Seemed like permanent employees like it there though except they got paid less than they wanted. Sometimes there wasn't enough work to keep anyone busy.
Working Conditions were scattered at the time
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020May 5, 2018
I was not at Security National very long but did enjoy the time I spent there. I was working under a loan officer helping her with her pipeline of customers and getting their loans in order for the processing department. I would meet with my loan officer 1 to 2 times a day to go though any problems and update her on her loans.
Best job I've EVER had!
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTApril 2, 2018
I am extremely blessed to work for SNMC, there are so many fun events and projects to get involved in! My day is a whirlwind of different duties which is awesome, yet challenging. There hasn't been a single day of watching the clock, wishing it was time to go home.

My favorite part is getting to interact and build relationships with the smart, caring, funny and talented people that make up the culture. These people are family to me, I look forward to seeing and laughing with them each day. I love that I get to express myself creatively with my wardrobe/appearance/ideas and not be judged for it... in fact, it's encouraged!

Thankfully, I am not micromanaged. They are very flexible and supportive of my personal obligations, which is more than I can say for most companies I've worked for... However, I do feel communication from management could be improved, and I'd like to see people get the praise they deserve for their hard work and talent.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with how fast paced it is and all the interruptions, but that is specific to my position and comes with the territory. My teammates are always patient and willing to jump in with a hand when needed.

The only thing I would change is compensation. I am paid fairly, but I do go above and beyond, and I would like to see raises improve for myself and others that are giving their all, and who are grateful to work for such a great company.
Pros
Great culture, fun team building events, variety, not boring at all!
Cons
Salary is on the lower end of the scale, some of the platforms are outdated, working more hours than I'd like (but this one is MY choice because I want to be better at my job!)
Fun, Flexible, Helpful
Account Executive/LOA (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Great work environment and great place to learn the industry. I learned how the process of putting together a mortgage loan was done completely and feel I have constant support learning every part of the business.
n/a
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 14, 2018
I do not wish to comment at Security National Mortgage as I have not worked there in many years, it would be unfair for me to comment on the culture. I will say that when I was there it could have been a lot better.
love it
Junior possessor (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTDecember 26, 2017
I love my job here at security national mortgage, this branch might be closing so this has put me into a position too look for an other job. the people here are great to work with.
Day to Day tasks
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTNovember 9, 2017
• Answer Phone Calls and direct them to the appropriate party.
• Greet and Assist clients that walk in or have appointments

• Mail Distribution
• General Office duties like copying, filing, fax
Great company to work for and mangement was excellent to work with
Senior Loan Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2017
Excellent company to work for and everyone there works as a team.
Management is very knowledgeable and professional.
Typical working day was fast paced with normal challenges.
Pros
good company
Cons
Not fun place to work at.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 26, 2017
Poor management. Closing department very rude. Processing manager always too busy to help with issues. LO's won't listen to advise on how to structure the files.
Cons
no breaks, bad location
Productive fun workplace
Pre-Purchase Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2017
Management always helpful and will give you immediate attention to any problem so you can move forward. Great meetings with great training tips as well.
Pros
Easy going co workers team players
Cons
no elevator in the bulding
n/a
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
The firm that I assisted in was in a great setting. Once you enter the door the energy can be felt almost instantly. The workers are all very helpful and people of great character.
Good environment
Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 16, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere where you can focus on work. Very stable company to work for. Constantly challenges you and keeps you learning new things. Excellent Management.
Pros
Great Management and environment
Cons
Need improvement in training new employees
Document Drawer
RECEPTIONIST/INPUT/DOCUMENT DRAWER (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJune 4, 2017
Security National Mortgage Company was a very fun atmosphere. The people were great and full of life which made it fun. My favorite part was end of the month when deals were closing and we had to stay late and hustling to get stuff approved and out. My manager was a good friend which made working there even better.
Great atmosphere with a lot of tools to close loans
Licenced Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJanuary 4, 2017
It was fun to work there, they made doing loans easy and fun.
they have a great advertisement department, and made teams so that someone will always be there to help the client.
Pros
Great system to close deals from start to finish, awesome working enviorment
Cons
A little bit of rivalry between teams