Security Public Storage
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Security Public Storage Employee Reviews

United States69 reviews

storagehousingregionalpublicfacilitysecuritymanageropportunity

Not worth it for long term.

Pay is low. Competitors pay way more. Best place to store your stuff but not to work. No advancement opportunities. Not enough hours. Max hours I could do was 30 because they don’t want to offer health insurance.

February 17, 2020
When including commission, our total compensation package is higher than most competitors. We are sorry that you felt the part-time position you applied for should include benefits. As you know, the Bethesda location has four full-time positions (all of which include benefits) and only one part-time.

N/a

It's a typical office setting with the typical bureaucracy that accompanies that. Expect long hours, typically 9am-6pm, so forget having a life outside of work.

Security Public Storage insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Okay place to work for a short time

It is an okay place to work - the people in upper management are not that great. It's okay for a short period of time. I wouldn't recommend working longer than 3 months with this company. You can find somewhere better.

April 25, 2022
Thank you for your review. We would certainly like to learn what we as a company could have done better to retain you. Would you take a few minutes to reach out to hr@bacoproperties to share your experience? We do look forward to hearing from you.

Family owned business with its pros and cons. Change is dynamic but not always with field in mind.

Intentions are everything. The company intends to be the best with customer and employee relationships. Delivery of that promise is inconsistent due to lack of focus and dedication to understand root cause vs immediate actions to provide an answer. Leadership is genuine and wants the best for everyone, but is too often bogged down with inflated priority tasks to see morale in the field.

March 10, 2022
We appreciate your comments and strive to exceed expectations with our customers and employees alike. We would like to hear more regarding areas where we can improve and request you to write into our confidential mailbox hr@bacoproperties.com. Once again, thank you for your review and comments.

Upper Management (Directors) care about their employees.

The employees are very helpful with their co-workers and everyone tries to work together as a team and not against each other. My current Regional Manager is always available to assist with anything we need help with.

Pros

Wonderful co workers

Cons

When working alone no lunch breaks

An environment for growth.

I worked here the year of Covid-19, my peers and Regional Manager cared for each other without crossing personal boundaries. With the pandemic in full swing we operated on changing information and adapted together to ensure a safe, clean, and forward thinking work environment. SPS has a strong business acumen while maintaining positive employee satisfaction. Management is supportive and always does what is best for the team. If a day was needed off they did their best to accommodate us. I enjoyed the team I worked with, we were a happy bunch and knew we could lean on each for support.

Pros

Comfortable work life

Cons

Healthcare

Eh place to work

Something new does happen everyday. There are a lot of not so nice individuals that come through there and you will be dealing with cops occasionally. Also management is kind of creepy and unhelpful when it come to your pay. No way to negotiate your contract.

September 23, 2021
Thanks for your feedback! We are consistent with compensation based on job status and title. Can you send more details related to "creepy" management to info@securitypublicstorage.com so we can address?

Don't Work Here

Management is bad and you're expected to do so much work for little pay. You're paid barely minimum wage or even just barely over minimum wage with no benefits. As a relief "manager", you work two days to give the site manager two days off.

Pros

going home

Cons

no benefits and doesn't pay well

September 17, 2021
Sorry to hear your experience was less than stellar! While we have many full-time positions that include benefits, many of our Relief Managers enjoy the part-time nature of their position because they are semi-retired, students, etc. Definitely read reviews written by other Relief Managers -- several of them comment on the lucrative commission opportunities and their love for our culture. Best of luck!

They have great people working for SPS great directors and I am happy to be working here

A lot to do always staying busy which I enjoy. It is a great compsny to work for great commission bonuses and other great benefits! Sllows for growth in company Onsite managers are offered housing which is another great perk!

Pros

Flexible, honest, benefits, great pay!

Cons

Weekly Marketing, Role Play Calls Daily

Great hours and awesome management, it was a good team. Definitely pay attention & take notes during training. But once you get it, you got it. Definitely a great place to work and grow, lots of opportunity.

Pros

opportunitys

It was a great place to work. The company pays great and takes care of their staff. You will feel appreciated working here. It's a brand new building and really well taken care of property.

Pros

Location is great. Money is even better.

Cons

Homeless camps surround the building on every side

Easy job that gets busy

Not too difficult of a job but customers make it worse and get upset when you can't waive fees for them. Tedious expectations from management that make your work feel not appreciated.

January 14, 2021
Thanks for your feedback! We have the most lenient late fee policies in the industry. We provide our customers a 10-day grace period and have the lowest late fees of any large storage company. We're sorry to hear you felt underappreciated. We have several different programs to recognize our wonderful managers between Employee of the Quarter for each region, our monthly Top Ten performers list, and end-of-year bonuses.

Great environment

Amazing company to work for. Company really takes care of their employees. They make sure that we are taking care of. Employees are pretty friendly and professional. Management is always a call away when needed.

Pros

I get to go to my apartment lol..

Cons

No cons

I can honestly say this is the best company I have worked for. I feel I have total support with all of my teams and managers. Everyone is so willing to help. Also love the fact that customer service is the #1 thing we go out of our way to make sure we offer the best product and best service.

Good place to start

Great place to start if you’re looking for an office job. Staff is amazing! It’s busy at times which is great because it keeps you occupied and focused.

Pros

Awesome team

The job

About this job. It’s not terrible. The employees are great. I adore many of them! They are always willing to help you.. personally I’ve called 100’s of times and they’re always willing to assist me in whatever I can’t figure out. A benefit is they pay you mileage to cover other properties. It does make a difference in pay. However the normal pay isn’t that great. The commission rate really depends on the property you work at. Some months you may have 80 in commission some months you may have 10 dollars in commission. Really depends. Personally I wouldn’t depend on commission for extra money. If you really want to make money here you need to cover other locations. Essentially the only reason I’m leaving is because benefits were not offered. Honestly it’s a pretty easy job. Especially if you like people. For me personally I’ll miss some of the customers. They are wonderful. (Some can be pretty ruthless at times and make your day miserable) I think that’s pretty much any customer service job. Personally I found the call flow guidelines were a little rough at times. Especially because sometimes customers wanna go off topic. It makes it difficult. I hated listening to calls. Kinda felt like public shaming and made me uncomfortable lol. A recommendation I’d give is to Offer the employees undivided attention, helping them feel motivated and energized, and showing them that you care about their thoughts and opinions. It would be more powerful than writing up a site visit all day. I think Offering these opportunities will give employees additional skills that allow them to improve their -

Pros

Mileage

Cons

No benefits

July 24, 2020
Missy, thank you for your feedback. We feel like the recurring site visits provided by our regional Managers are intended to both highlight accomplishments/achievements as well as look for and coach on areas of opportunity -- with the goal of continued progress. Best of luck with everything!

Amazing Company

Nothing but appreciation and love for a company that really helped me grow. You are never alone and can always count on someone to help you out if ever needed. The workday is set and designed to be easily done so you never have to stress about work not getting done. Upper management is great and perfectly balances its involvement as to always be involved without having to micro manage everything. During the Covid-19 pandemic Security Public Storage adapted and reacted to the change swiftly and well and i can say i felt even safer here than anywhere else. Thank you SPS for the opportunity to work with such a great team

Pros

Benefits, commission, paid holidays, set hours and days off

Great company to work for!

SPS has a great culture of employee satisfaction and retention. The owners of SPS are very family oriented and treat their employees as such. The living space is a great additional bonus and it makes for an even better employee and customer experience.

Great job

Great experience working with this company, learned uhaul contracts while working at security public storage which also expanded my knowledge in experience with that.

My Experience

You are your own manager for the company, so whatever you put out is well recognized by the company. There are no harsh quotas, just reasonable ones. The Regional managers are extremely nice and understanding. Lots of opportunity to move up.

Pros

opportunity to move up, good enviroment

Cons

travel (but not necessary)

Awesome company

I have worked for other storage companies and Security Public Storage is by far the best. Upper management is great they have always had good communication. Good pay and the onsite apartment was remodeled right before I moved in. I have nothing but positives to say.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Security Public Storage with

• Security Public Storage
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?