Security Public Storage

Security Public Storage Employee Reviews for Facilities Manager

Facilities Manager5 reviews
United States5 reviews

Family oriented company.

Enjoyed my time spent at Security Public Storage. Developed a strong relationship with the owners as well as its customers. Gain property management experiences I thought I'd never gain. It expanded my field of knowledge in management greatly. Look forward to using skills learned in my next journey.

Family Feel

I've been with SPS for about 5 years now and this company is the perfect mix of both worlds. They have the structure and stability of a large company mixed with the family feel of a small company. There is always something to do and it doesn't get boring working at SPS. You are responsible for making sure you keep the property clean, you rent spaces, take payments, and focus a lot on sales. The regional manager comes by about every week and a half to two weeks to check in on you and coaches you/mentors you. If you listen to the advice and coaching you receive from your regional manager, you can then increase the revenue of your property and in turn make a lot more money for yourself. I like that with this company, you get a portion of everything you do and that your hard work shows results not only in numbers for the property but on your paycheck directly.

Pros

Pay, Management

Security Public Storage insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

A company you can grow with

During my time at SPS I saw them grow from what felt like a small company into a bigger company. While doing so upper management always relied on input from us when developing new processes, which I thought was awesome. The free housing was my favorite part. I learned a lot of new things and became a jack-of-all-trades to a certain extent. My regional manager was very supportive and approachable. The owners of the company actually come to the Christmas party for every area so you get to meet them. Very approachable people.

Pros

Free housing, great management, learn new things

Cons

Benefits for people with dependants is expensive

Great place to advance and have a secure job

Overall I am very grateful for the opportunity to manage a facility for this company. Our compensation includes a free place to live, all expenses paid. if you work at a higher volume location the pay is still about or a little above average compared to the same position with other companies in the same industry. Any location with a U-Haul dealer pays even better. Facility managers and higher do have to work a lot so the work/life balance could be better, but I would much rather work too much then not work enough. There is plenty of opportunity for the hard working people that want to advance. You do have to always be willing to relocate but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. If you become complacent and can't adapt to changes in an expanding industry then yes you will not like your job. No one can force you to be motivated and ambitious but like anything you get back what you put in. Like I said, overall great company, very understanding and flexible when you need it.

Pros

Job security, growth, decent pay

Cons

Work/life balance, understaffed

Definitely recommend if you're considering a job here

I have been with Security Public Storage for about a year and a half. My husband and I were hired as a team to manage a facility. So far, my experience has been positive. I enjoy working for a company that genuinely has the customer's interests at heart. I would recommend this company to anyone with strong sales and/or customer service experience who is looking for the opportunity to sell a service you can believe in. I have personally had experience with competitor storage companies, and they fall short of Security Public Storage. Compensation is fair and consistent with industry standards. Since living on-site is required, housing is provided and utilities are covered. Coming from a job where my commute was frequently over an hour each way, being able to walk downstairs and into the office every morning is amazing. A typical day consists of taking payments, assisting tenants, answering phones and speaking with prospective tenants, giving tours to prospective tenants, maintaining the cleanliness of the facility, monitoring the security of the facility, and more. Some locations are also U-Haul Dealer facilities, so checking trucks in and out could also be part of daily activities. One of the aspects of this job I enjoy the most is that although there are always typical tasks to finish throughout the course of the day, each day is different enough to keep it from being boring. Managers really have a great opportunity to develop good relationships with tenants, especially those who are long-term. The primary area in which I would like to see improvement is with work-life -

Pros

Compensation (housing, utilities, bonuses), commitment to honest practices with tenants

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging, especially for management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Security Public Storage?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits