Security Public Storage
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Security Public Storage Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager11 reviews
United States11 reviews

They have great people working for SPS great directors and I am happy to be working here

A lot to do always staying busy which I enjoy. It is a great compsny to work for great commission bonuses and other great benefits! Sllows for growth in company Onsite managers are offered housing which is another great perk!

Pros

Flexible, honest, benefits, great pay!

Cons

Weekly Marketing, Role Play Calls Daily

Great environment

Amazing company to work for. Company really takes care of their employees. They make sure that we are taking care of. Employees are pretty friendly and professional. Management is always a call away when needed.

Pros

I get to go to my apartment lol..

Cons

No cons

Security Public Storage insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Awesome company

I have worked for other storage companies and Security Public Storage is by far the best. Upper management is great they have always had good communication. Good pay and the onsite apartment was remodeled right before I moved in. I have nothing but positives to say.

A Great 15 Years!

I’ve been with Security Public Storage for over 15 years and it’s always been an incredible company to work for. I started as a relief manager working 2 days a week, moved up to an assistant manager working full time and now I’m the manager of my facility. Along with your hourly wages, there are commission opportunities for renting units and selling merchandise. They offer great health benefits and 401k’s. Paid holidays, vacation and sick time for most depending on your position. Most properties, not all, are provided with onsite housing. If there’s ever an issue, upper management and maintenance are on top of it. But most of all, it’s a company ran with integrity. The owners and upper management care about their employees and do everything they can to help you excel in your position. Concerns are addressed and discussed and I’ve never felt judged or treated poorly. I look forward to many more years with Security Public Storage

Pros

Benefits, commission opportunity, housing

Cons

Not much

You’ve been warned!

Please don’t be fooled by their so called “company culture”. They will be quick to discard you from a Manager position to a Regional. I’ve had 6 regional managers and all were fired. I’ve worked with I don’t know how’s many fellow managers and most have either left or been terminated. The turn over rate is ridiculous leaving the rest us over worked and ALREADY under paid. Minimum wage is AWESOME! Everything is micro managed and scripted. Do your homework and call other storage facilities asking how they like working there! Your phone call will be recorded so on second thought I recommend visiting other storage facilities in the area and speak with managers directly (outside the office because that’s recorded too!) and get their honest opinion. Best of luck to anyone looking to work for this company.

Pros

Cons

Long hours- Low pay- High turn over- Not enough coverage!

June 24, 2019
Where to start? First and foremost, do yourself a favor and find an employer who you’ll be happy with! Life is too short to stay in a situation you feel so negative about! We truly hope you find a work situation that brings you more happiness. Your comments do not remotely reflect the values of our company and our appreciation for our employees and customers. Specifically….(1) “Pay / minimum wage”— our base salary is competitive in the industry, and our commissions are way above average. There is no Site Manager in the company that makes only minimum wage. In addition to their monthly commissions, many get free housing. Our commission program typically equates to several dollars per hour extra -- ESPECIALLY for those that have been with us for any period of time.(2) "Micromanagement / recorded calls” — Yes, we have strict Quality Control standards; they help us deliver the best storage experience in the industry! (3) High turnover -- based on the reviews here, your experience appears to be the minority. Many of our Site Managers say one thing they love about the job is being able to run their facilities like their own businesses! About a quarter of them have been with us for over 4 years, several over 10 years! Please find somewhere you’ll be happy; we truly wish you the best, even though that will clearly not be with our team.

Horrible place to work

They give you no help and they have you in the worst neighborhood ever. The pay is terrible. This company doesn’t communicate very well. If you get hurt on the job they will find a way to fire you. They condone horrible customer service and employees that are useless. They are rat infested and don’t want you to inform customers of this.

Pros

Onsite living

Cons

No lunches sometimes, work alone, horrible pay

Great working environment with great co-workers

Opening up the office. Complete the daily opening computer tasks. prepare cash drawer. Make the daily telephone calls. Greet customers and help them with their storage needs. Make sure the facility is clean and safe. Do the daily closing procedures. Close out receivables and the cash drawer. Lock up the office.

Pros

Close to home.

Cons

no healthcare

October 8, 2018
Thank you so much for your thoughts and comments! If healthcare is important to you, we have several full-time positions currently available. Talk to your Regional Manager about applying. We have great HMO and PPO options.

Great JOB

One of the best job i had worked with great people and had great memories their. A typical day is busy,I learned to work hard and be humble. I learned to speak Spanish. The management team was great

Horrible place to work!!! Do not apply!!!

No recognition for work done treated like garbage and constantly yelled at by my regional manager upon being hired was told pay was 12.00 and then once I began it was only 11.00. Litltle Training was basically trained to lie to the customers. Regional manager would talk bad about all her management teams. One whole team quit because of the regional manager. They talk about extra money in your pocket all the time I never saw any of that extra money. There was days I could not even take a lunch let alone go to the bathroom. Horrible place I felt like a slave..

Pros

Good co manager

Cons

Hardly no breaks tons of work minimum pay no recognition

May 18, 2017
Our pay rates are the same for each job and they are listed on each job advertisement. As with most sales oriented jobs, the commission which is paid above and beyond hourly, is variable pay will be dependent on the individual's success. Determining a good culture fit on both sides is an important part of the interview process. It sounds like we missed with this match. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Former Onsite Manager

I loved my time with SPS. It's a family owned company, and the owners take care of their employees. The only real downside is having to wear so many hats: sales, customer service, cleaning, maintenance, data entry, marketing, and others. The compensation is great and has HUGE commission potential by growing your facility. The other thing that I noticed a lot of my peers didn't factor into compensation was as Onsite Manager you get free housing and utilities. Where I lived in California that was like an extra $30k per year. I always felt upper management was fair and had great communication.

Pros

Fun, great pay, free housing.

Cons

Wearing so many hats: sales, customer service, cleaning, maintenance, data entry, marketing, and others

Opportunity to learn and grow, upper management very understanding

I have been with this company for a little over a year and a half now. The upper management is always beyond respectful. By far the best bosses I have ever worked for. If you do make an error and need to improve they approach you in a constructive manner rather than making you feel like less of a person. There is room for growth in several different ways. This company has a strong family feel and I have grown close to this 'family'.

Pros

Free housing, learning experience, great bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits