Security Public Storage

Security Public Storage Employee Reviews for Site Manager

Site Manager11 reviews
United States11 reviews

storagehousingregionalpublicfacilitysecuritymanageropportunity

Great Place to learn about sales and office management.

I have worked here for a few years now and love it. I have learned so much by working here and am so grateful that they have been so accommodating and understanding the whole time. It is human to make mistakes every so often and I have never had a company show so much patience and help with resolving any issue that arises. Our support is always a phone call away.

Pros

Discounted Storage, Medical and Dental benefits.

An environment for growth.

I worked here the year of Covid-19, my peers and Regional Manager cared for each other without crossing personal boundaries. With the pandemic in full swing we operated on changing information and adapted together to ensure a safe, clean, and forward thinking work environment. SPS has a strong business acumen while maintaining positive employee satisfaction. Management is supportive and always does what is best for the team. If a day was needed off they did their best to accommodate us. I enjoyed the team I worked with, we were a happy bunch and knew we could lean on each for support.

Pros

Comfortable work life

Cons

Healthcare

Security Public Storage insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Eh place to work

Something new does happen everyday. There are a lot of not so nice individuals that come through there and you will be dealing with cops occasionally. Also management is kind of creepy and unhelpful when it come to your pay. No way to negotiate your contract.

Official response from Security Public Storage

September 23, 2021
Thanks for your feedback! We are consistent with compensation based on job status and title. Can you send more details related to "creepy" management to info@securitypublicstorage.com so we can address?

I can honestly say this is the best company I have worked for. I feel I have total support with all of my teams and managers. Everyone is so willing to help. Also love the fact that customer service is the #1 thing we go out of our way to make sure we offer the best product and best service.

Great company to work for!

SPS has a great culture of employee satisfaction and retention. The owners of SPS are very family oriented and treat their employees as such. The living space is a great additional bonus and it makes for an even better employee and customer experience.

People on here complaining about "micro management" are just lazy

I have worked for SPS for over 5 years. Yes they have things you are expected to do every day. Are they unreasonable, no. Unfortunately some of the reviewers on here expect a paycheck for doing little or nothing. SPS has always been very fair to me. I make $12 per hour PLUS commission that equates to $9 or more per hour. That's very fair. Not to mention housing. One of the only drawbacks is the other lazy site managers that like to gossip. You clear have no idea why some of the previous Regionals left - don't act like you do.

Pros

Great company, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Other lazy site managers that like to gossip

If you are not dedicated, do not waste their/your time.

The easiest way to put it is you get out of it, what you put in. They will give you all of the tools and support you need to succeed BUT it's up to you to use them. I was there for 4 years starting as part time then full time when the position became available. My whole experience with SPS was nothing but positive and I enjoyed working with and learning from all of the employees that I got to meet whether they were from corporate or a sister facility.

Professional workplace

A good company in many ways. They offer extensive training which is very helpful. Commission structure is generous. Management responds quickly when assistance is needed.

Pros

Job security

Official response from Security Public Storage

April 2, 2018
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the positive comments! What could we do to take your rating from 3-stars to 4- or 5-stars?

Enjoyable Employment

A great place to work. You are trained thoroughly on how to operate and complete the daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. Ability to work independently as well as with my spouse. Housing was included in addition to compensation which was a huge benefit.

Pros

Housing Included

Gob job with good pay

The starting hourly pay can seem low when you start. But when you factor in the monthly bonuses you make more than you would anywhere else in storage. The free housing is huge. I loved my boss.

Pros

Good pay. Free housing.

Cons

Tons of busy work.

Best company we have ever worked for.

We have been with the company for about 2 1/2 years and we love it. SPS is a family owned company and they do treat their employees like family. The comoensation package is awesome based on facility performance, so it is an incentive to be competitive with yourself every month to beat the financial you collected over the previous month. Living On-site can have its challenges, but what job doesnt have challenges. Some of the challenges we have encountered was tenants leaving the property late and the gate had locked, having to come down and assist them. Our regional managers our the best managers we have ever worked for. They come in to do a site visit, but it isnt all about work. They actually care about their managers. I understand reading the reviews from other facility managers about the trouble finding a relief manager, but since these reviews were posted the company has raised the incentive package for our reliefs. Yes it does state that a relief manager is a 2 day a week position but as a relief manager you do have oportunities for more hours if your managers go on vacation or if they are ill. Overall we have been very happy as facility managers and cannot imagine leaving anytime soon.

Pros

Free housing, paid utilities, performanced based bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits