Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Security Service Federal Credit Union selected this as a representative review
Excellent company
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2019
Great corporate culture. (Very diverse & Very uplifting) Ive learned allot by being a part of it. Management has been extremely supportive and my co-workers are not only knowledgeable, they are willing to share their knowledge.
Best workplace I've ever worked at
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2019
If I had to say anything about the workplace it would have to be, that it is the most relaxed workplace I have ever worked in.
Now, I'm not saying everything is easy going, just like any job there are times were things get a bit stressful; however, unlike other companies that I have worked at, it never feels like the stress is my sole burden to carry. Here, it feels like a shared load. Here, everyone, shares in everything that comes along with the success, including the stress.
As someone with anxiety issues, I don't handle stress well. However, it makes me glad to know that I'm never in it alone.

I'm also incredibly thankful for the training that was provided by the company for the work we were stated to do. Up until now, I had never worked at a company where training was actually provided. All other companies had either not provided training or training was on the job training; where, you learned as you went.

I cannot state how much I appreciate working for this company.
Easy going
MRR (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXAugust 15, 2019
SSFCU takes such good care of their employees. I loved working for the company. The branch was a little micro managed but I could deal with that. The only real complaint I had was the sales pressure. Banking in general is so pushy into sales. If that’s for you then SSFCU is the way to go :)
Great For Students
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2019
If you are a college student then this type of job is good for you. However, the managers are horrible and not supportive and hardly where they should be.
Security Service In Uvalde Texas
Member Relationships Officer (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXAugust 2, 2019
The Branch In Uvalde Texas is the worst place to work I don’t know about as an entire company but my experience was horrible management is horrible they do not follow core values and they should close the branch down or clean house and fill it with caring professional staff and management
Beware of this company
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2019
Management does not reinforce the core values. It is about who you know. If you are not part of the group, your job will be made harder. There is no real leadership development for leaders. They just hired a new AVP over L&D so maybe over time the program will improve. Senior management is not connected with overall challenges nor do they know how to fix them when they're told.

They are not advocates for employees.
Poor management
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 27, 2019
Mangers were unwilling to help and assist with ADA. Micromanaged employees causing stress. Wanted perfection and didn’t understand human error and mistakes.
Pros
Insurance
Over 300 calls per day
Sr. MCC Officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2019
Good place to work if you are interested in a fast pace call center. Note, calls never end, it seems you are always on calls, and customers are always upset due to long hold times.
Great people and good benefits!
Senior Consumer Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2019
Depending on your position, set schedule, flexible, and vacation and sick time available. Room to grow and be heard in the meetings weekly/monthly. There is always something new to learn if you are willing to grow!
Pushy sales practices
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2019
Short sighed type of credit union, constant micromanagement and a
high volume stressful call center environment. A disastrous way of running daily operations and systems every other day are down.
MCC Senior Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2019
Working at the call center is great. Its a fast paced environment and is not for everyone as the queue is always high. Pay is great and because its so busy overtime is always available.
Productive workplace that offers a lot of education in finance
Member Relationship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2019
Always something to do, always something to learn. Very interactive with hands on training. You meet all types of people and have a chance to help people change their lives.
Cares about employees as much as the members
Payment Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2019
I have been blessed to work for a company who wants their employees to excel by paying their school tuition. They also offer dependent scholarships for families.
Sales enviroment
Member Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2019
Overtime is not offered at branches unless you get trained for the call center. You then have the option to pick up shifts on your day offs. Goals are required to be met before advancement. Benefits are the best part of employment for SSFCU.
Great place, sometimes.
MRO (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2019
It is an overall great place to work at if you have good management. Branch manager too close to the lead banker to be objective (worked together for years and are best friends in and outside of work). Otherwise, enjoyable culture. Upper management tries to be hands-on. If you are not sales and goal-oriented, this credit union is not for you. Not compensated adequately for sales you are expected to push.
Pros
Upper management is hands-on. Great benefit package.
Cons
Micromanagement and blatant favoritism, Poor compensation package. Work schedule (6 days straight sometimes), varied lunch schedule (30mins-1hr).
Amazing workplace
MCC Officer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79907May 15, 2019
Management is amazing they go above an beyond to make your work be more effective and help you every which way possible. One of the best employers i have ever worked for.
Great opportunity
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2019
Nice new facility with nice amenities, such as onsite Gym, Café with various dining choices, convenient Parking. Friendly Staff, easy to feel good about coming to work.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not much direction
No advancement
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 4, 2019
Unable to advance within the company. Different departments get different raises depending on how much your liked by upper management. Had been waiting for a long time to move up.
Favoritisms but a decent place to work
Collector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2019
I worked in the Collections dept. We got new management and everything turned more structured except there were favoritisms in the dept. The new Manager was a micromanager & came in with preconceived notions about the folks that had been there for years. Be prepared to work nonstop like a sweatshop! They monitor every minute!!!! I was extremely stressed out & exhausted by the end of every shift. It just wasn’t worth it to me anymore. Other departments seemed to be happy and care free. But my dept everyone was uptight and not so happy.
Pros
Nice Office & Work Spaces, Benefits
Cons
Sweatshop Mentality
Nice place to work
Indirect Lending Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Nice place to work. Great atmosphere. Good re pore with employees. Lots of recognition and rewards. Good incentives for extended years if service with the company
Pros
Gym and cafe in building
Cons
Traffic getting to/from, no remote positions
Welcome to Mini Bank of America
Member Realtionship Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Absolutely terrible place to work, at first it was okay then it has just gotten worse. They want you to be selling machines all while getting no incentives, just a yay you made your goal. They even changed our titles and added "sales" in it without telling us. I do not like sales at all and it wasnt big when I started but now they force you to sell, sell, sell.. You get in trouble if your kids sick and have to call in. Terrible pay for the huge amount of work you do. Get ready for bladder infections, they give you no time to go to the bathroom cause it's members back to back. They want you to be robots with no emotions and will do anything they say. The branch has been short staffed for the last two years. And the micromanagement it out of control! Don't even take the chance with this place!!!!!!
Pros
Holidays off, Nothing else really
Cons
Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Security Service Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight