SECURITY STATE BANK Employee Reviews

Bank no longer in business
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXDecember 14, 2018
Working at Security State Bank in Liberty Texas was very enjoyable, loved my coworkers and easy going environment,due to being very small town, family owned bank. Unfortunately this company is no longer in business.
Pros
Best work/life balance experience
Cons
went out of business
Typical bank atmosphere.
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYNovember 16, 2018
Typical bank atmosphere. High paced, stressful at times. Advancement wasn't available in most cases, where you started was where you would end up in your career there.
Fun place to work
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Spicewood, TxNovember 3, 2018
It was a fun and friendly place to work. The bank has been around over 75 years and treat their employees as family. I will he company treated the employees as well as their customers the same.
Pros
Team work
Great job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Scott City, KSSeptember 16, 2018
Great job, good place to work, good people to work with and enjoyed the job and management was very good about letting you off whenever needed as long as position was covered.
Awesome!
Loan Processor/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMay 1, 2018
Made great friendships and a great learning experience. One step toward my goal of my goal occupation. Very thankful for the time I had until I relocated.
Great bank and people to work for.
Teller/ Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Gap, TXMarch 27, 2018
I was new to the state and town....the people helped me fit right in...working for the company, with my coworkers and the customers was one of the best experiences I’ve ever known.
Pros
Great customers, close to home, good benefits
Good working environment
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNMarch 9, 2018
Nice people to work with. Learned a lot about financial transactions.
Enjoyed working with the various customers. Management easy to
work for and work with.
Great First Job
Assistant Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Wishek, NDOctober 15, 2017
I learned a lot working at Security State Bank. The job had a lot of variety & was very fast paced. I really enjoyed funning the Proof Machine which would balance the transactions & post to the client's accounts.
Pros
Well balanced work day
Cons
Low pay
It was a good place to work
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Basin, wyOctober 6, 2017
Was a busy place to work that taught you a lot. You were always busy. It was a competitive workplace. Many different job areas. There is room for advancement
co-workers were the best
teller-bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Independence, IAAugust 29, 2017
Everyone seems to help each other. The benefits were good and could get paid time off easily. Not much turn over in employees. Did not like working saturday mornings.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Working saturday mornings.
Hometown Bank
Assistant Vice President, Real Estate Lender (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJune 17, 2017
Great work culture. Easy going. Good work family balance. Emphasis on family run hometown bank. Management was very difficult. Things got political as most small town banks do.
Pros
Work Environment
Good Coworkers and Great Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAMarch 28, 2017
I had great customer basis and relationship with all the co-workers. I learn a lot in the short time I was there. I relocated and that's why I left the company but would come back! Great company to work for!
Pros
co-workers and customers
Great Work Enviroment
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSOctober 27, 2016
10-3 or 3-8 shift Monday-Saturday
Lots of cash handling experience, balance my branch, and open accounts. I am a notary public. Has a great work environment.
A decent place to work but low wages
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WADecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed co-workers and dealing with community. Leadership was at times fickle and would react to one customers experience, rather than stand behind employees following procedures. Starting salary competitive, but never would increase commesorate to the expectations of management demands
Nice clientele.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYSeptember 10, 2015
Many skills involved. Had to be a fast learner and a quick study. It was a challenge and fun to balance the cash tills at the end of the day.
Pros
I had my own work cubicle.
Cons
Many interuptions.
Takes good care of employees
Loans (Current Employee) –  Pearsall, TXAugust 4, 2015
Great benefits for employees, but you do have to wait a year to accrue your 401K.Great atmosphere, establish relationships with customers, management is pretty good as well.
Cons
Wait a year for 401k
Advancement Opportunities
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Devine, TXJuly 15, 2015
This location is close to where I live. I love the people I work with but there is no advancement opportunities. Training is great, and the environment is excellent. Pay is reasonable and I would recommend someone who would like to stay in the same position for years.
Great Bank!
Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Anahuac, TXJuly 10, 2015
On top of offering first class customer service, this bank is family oriented and very professional. They make you feel right at home!
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Pay
Excellent company and work environment
Loan Processor/Closer/Construction Servicer (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAMarch 31, 2015
Processed residential and construction loans as well as drew documents for closing. Learned about permit requirements as well as strict compliance laws. Management was excellent. Co-workers were always a pleasure to work with. Deadlines to close loans were sometimes stressful, but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job when you reached your goal.
Pros
Great benefits, management and co-workers
Cons
Strict guidelines
Enjoyed customer interaction and the friendly atmosphere.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Olton, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work was meeting and greeting customers, taking care of their banking needs as in processing credit, debits and payments. As a teller, balancing the ATM and my personal drawer at the close of each day. I learned the importance of exactness when handling money and the privacy of each customer. I learned the difference in excellent management and when management skills fall short. Management was excellent, the positive attitude about herself and her responsibilities were passed on to her staff which engaged us to do our best in any situation with knowledge and confidence. My co-workers were just as engaging as she was, handling each situation in the same manner to better meet the customer's needs. The hardest part of the job was remaining focused at this time because three months prior to taking this job, I lost my husband to cancer and was struggling with his loss. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like I was a part of a family that had a common goal to take care of each other and our customers.
Pros
Free checking and checks.
Cons
No benefits, low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SECURITY STATE BANK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3